Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Micah's Range Diary

Micah

He did get the load in the sweet spot now. I saw it for myself. He triple checked back and forth from old load to new one and I was very impressed how well the new load works and how much difference there was in such a small change in the settings.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I've been dryfiring lately with my Limited mags all loaded up to 20 just to get a better feel for how much force is needed to reload to a fully loaded mag. There is a slight difference in weak hand manipulation, but other than that it's just another reload. I wanted to get away from downloading mags...keeping them all topped off makes everything equal.

Decided to shoot Limited at the Indiana State match...It'll be my first major in that division, and my second with my G24. I'm really looking forward to seeing how my performance pans out against the plethora of excellent shooters in Lim.

Here are the results from that steel match that I shot on Saturday:

cvilewin.jpg

Great match today at MRPC...started off exceptionally hot, then all of a sudden the skies literally opened up and dropped a tsunami on us. I was able to maintain very little grip on my gun for the last two stages as a result. I think a combination of ProGrip and not forgetting my damn towel will remedy this issue.

The last stage failed to film to do user error of the camera:

th_06-27-2010MRPC.jpg

Thanks to the Indi and Ky boys for enduring 3 seasons with us today in Ohio.

Great match today at MRPC...started off exceptionally hot, then all of a sudden the skies literally opened up and dropped a tsunami on us. I was able to maintain very little grip on my gun for the last two stages as a result. I think a combination of ProGrip and not forgetting my damn towel will remedy this issue.

The last stage failed to film to do user error of the camera:

Thanks to the Indi and Ky boys for enduring 3 seasons with us today in Ohio.

Glad you finished. When the lightening started up we checked the radar and it didn't look pretty so we decided to make the 2 hour trip back home. I got 3 of 5 done.

Another excellent weekend of shooting with Circleville on Saturday and Oxford on Sunday. Conrad and Flex put on an amazing, and amazingly balanced match with both accuracy bias and speed bias stages. G24 ran flawlessly all weekend, and since I have fixed my loads I have yet to see a tumble.

th_07-03-2010Cville.jpg

Just shooting Limited for a while. With all due respect and appreciation for the shooters in my neck of the woods, there is nobody that can come close to putting the hurt on me in Production. In Limited however, I have much more competition to drive me in the club match arena.

That's what I was figuring was going on. (with respect to all the other shooters) If I ever get my mags from Para and get some ammo I will be able to make it to more matches. When I am at the matches showing Roy how it is done you are more then welcome to watch! :devil:

With all kidding aside I really enjoy watching you shoot and learning from your runs. Always enjoying getting squadded with ya!

Shot today's match with a ProGrip like gel and really liked the difference verses a power grip product. It was 90f, but I had nowhere near the grip problems that I had last week at the Cville and Ox matches.

The first stage and last stage in the video are the same stage...we had to reshoot it due to the port not being closed, and it was later deemed a forbidden action to cross over the middle. 6 stages for the price of 5...no complaints here ;)

th_07-11-2010Mburg.jpg

Chris still got me by a few again, but I enjoy shooting against tough competition at the local level...it is something that I have not had the opportunity to appreciate in a while. I can tell that I am trusting the sights more and more on the G24, but not quite yet at the level that I know I can be at.

Just shooting Limited for a while. With all due respect and appreciation for the shooters in my neck of the woods, there is nobody that can come close to putting the hurt on me in Production. In Limited however, I have much more competition to drive me in the club match arena.

Hey now!!!!!! I can make you laugh so hard it will hurt in production...

Great weather for a steel match in Circleville today...and I finally agree with what I have heard from shooters in the past: Shooting Limited will make you a better Production shooter. I don't even notice the recoil of my 40 loads now...whereas I was so into the light loads of Prod that 40 used to feel like a cannon. The G24 completely feels the same way my G34 does...like an extension of my own arm.

th_07-17-2010CvilleSteel-1.jpg

What else...I picked up a PF-9 to replace the G26 that I sold to fund my Lim gun, and I absolutely love that tiny, inexpensive little gun! I put 50rds through it today at the range without any issues. FINALLY I have a gun that I can pocket carry everywhere without smoke and mirrors...two things that I needed to wield to get away with my G26.

Back after a long weekend that began with shooting the Indiana State on Friday and just wrapped up with shooting MRPC today, and I'm pooped!

The Indi match was very well done, and big props to Aaron Bright and that Jake guy for orchestrating such a great match. It was exceptionally warm on Friday, and with 8 person squads there was never a moment to get cooled off (1 person ROing, 1 scorer, 1 shooter, 1 on deck, 1 in the hole, 1 loading mags...) but that within itself provided an excellent test.

I feel that I had a pretty good match...one ding-dong error that resulted in a procedural on the pressure plate stage, and a mike on another was a bit of a drag on my overall status, but my gun ran 100%. From the perspective of this being the first major match that I have shot Limited in, and the 2nd major with my Glock 24, I suppose that the outcome was favorable.

th_07-23-2010IndianaState.jpg

I gave this match everything I had, and it simply was not enough to win. My only option is to work on having the capacity to give more next time.

Here's video from the MRPC match last Sunday:

th_07-25-2010MRPC.jpg

Although I came in 6th @ the Indi state, one area of improvement that I noticed as I evaluate the weekend is that my anxiety level between the state match and club matches were about the same. Before hand, regardless of the amount of mental preparation and visualization that I would do, my anxiety would go through the roof at major matches. I believe that this is an issue that I am finally overcoming.

Now...applying this new layer of focus and clarity to a stronger performance is the next step.

Dan, I said it all day Sunday...but after the GRUELING heat and workload of the Indi State on Friday, your 5 stage match in 90f weather felt like a walk on the beach :)

Beautiful weather and an amazing squad make today's Oxford match excellent today. Batteries died on the first stage, and the second out of the 4 stages was a 30 second timed fire stage that made for boooooooooooring video, so I omitted it:

th_08-01-2010Oxford.jpg

The big thing for today was trying out my new, pretty significant, modification to my grip. Chris thought of it first, so it is not my original idea...but you can buy modeling clay that hardens to an epoxy firmness in the oven, and so I added a glob of it to my lower. Forming it to my own personal grip, the bottom three fingers of my right hand fit right into the finger grooves, and my left hand has a higher grip. Using the same soldering iron tip that I used to stipple my lower, I was able to quite effectively stipple the newly modeled grip. One match is not enough data to make a completely informed decision, but the prognosis looks favorable for right now:

DSCN2473.jpg

DSCN2472.jpg

DSCN2470.jpg

DSCN2469.jpg

Edited by Micah
Wanted to add: If you thought Glocks were already ugly...you might want to keep a trash can handy ;)