Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Micah's Range Diary

Micah

Flex, you got robbed on that one bro :( That would have been a huge time suck. Perhaps reading the important parts of each stage during the shooters meeting would remedy this in the future? (Not reading every word like Conrad does...Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz ;) )

DWFAN, thanks for the kind words :)

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Continuing to blow the dust of my Prod gun, I shot a clean match today at Miamisburg. The gun feels great (and runs even better) but my reloads SSSSSSUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK!!!!!!!!!!!!! Using a magwell on my Limited gun has made my reloads sloppy as hell. That is precisely what I plan to hammer on in the days leading up to my next major match.

th_09-12-2010Mburg.jpg

Flex, you got robbed on that one bro :( That would have been a huge time suck. Perhaps reading the important parts of each stage during the shooters meeting would remedy this in the future? (Not reading every word like Conrad does...Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz ;) )

DWFAN, thanks for the kind words :)

Yeah... I always hated essay questions. LOL You have to guess what the question is, and whoever is doing the grading has to guess what the answer is.

Kinda like that.

Well I'm moving...just tore down the dojo tonight and boxed it up, and won't really have time to practice before the MI State match. Fortunately where I am moving to I will have all of the space to myself and there is a 30x17 basement that I will set up for nothing but loading ammo and dojo 2.0.

I'm not gonna jump off a bridge or anything, but I will say that the amazing friends that I have made in this sport are the only thing keeping me from losing it.

Hey Micah. I just joined your squad for the Michigan Sectional and I'm looking forward to shooting with you. I was kind of bummed that there weren't any squads open that had anybody above B class in them so I was psyched to see you in squad 6 by yourself. I always like to shoot with someone above my skill level when I can. Plan on having some of your stage breakdowns copied :devil:

Thanks for all of the kind words from here, phone, email and facebook while I go through this life transition. You guys rock.

Just got back from the Michigan State Championship, and both Chris and I won our divisions. Even Flex came along for the ride from Ohio and we all had a blast! A huge THANK YOU to all of the people that busted their rump to make this match happen :)

I have video...but the internet in my townhouse seems to hate me and is disallowing me to upload it to photobucket...so it might be another day or two.

Also...there might be a few candid photos floating around of me and a certain match director sharing a private moment...I can assure you that they have been photoshop'd ;)

Way to go Micah on your win :cheers: . I had a good time shooting with you and the squad. I heard it said jokingly that our squad was the Super Squad of the match, well it did put up 3 division winners. I admit that watching you guys shoot really screwed with my head for the first 3 or 4 stages. I finally settled in and started to shoot my game after lunch. Hope to shoot with you all again, it was a great experience for me. :excl:

Sweet! I installed PDANet on my Droid X and can manipulate the interwebs at lightning speed by tethering my phone to my laptop! The end result is that I can upload my videos now from home. So here is the match video from the Michigan State Championship:

th_09-26-2010MIState.jpg

And here is the video from today. My batteries were crapping out on me so I am missing video of the classifier (Night Moves) and the 4th string (seated) of the prone/kneeling stage. It has been a little while since I have shot my Jager Open blaster, and since I plan on shooting with it all winter thought there was no better time than the present to break it out. Although I felt that I was a bit slow on the shooting, the transition back to a dot was less painful than I had anticipated. It was good enough to win HOA at the match today though, and shooting against good friend and teammate Chris, that is a big whoop.

th_10-03-2010OxUSPSA.jpg

Since I have been shooting Production and Open since my Michigan win, I have thought about the what ifs.

What if I shot my Limited gun with the same amount of visual patience that I shoot Open and Production. What would happen?

Well, the end result was quite the learning experience. Although I didn't quite buck up the way I wanted on the first stage, the rest was Open style. The visual patience needed is significantly different between Open and Prod (which I feel are much more similar than Open and Limited) and the first two compared to the major power factor of Limited. I learned alot, and at the expense of a club match it was a lesson worth learning.

Good luck to all of my friends duking it out at nationals...especially my special lady :wub:

th_10-10-2010MRPC.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Shot the Miamisburg Monday league for the first time in a long time...here is the video of the first two strings. String 3 was a FTP (failure to push...the record button). Shot with my Prod gun using Open mags:

th_10-25-2010MburgMondays.jpg

• 2 weeks later...