Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Micah's Range Diary

Micah

It came to me in a dream....shoot a Single Stack, save the world....

So after much perseveration and research, as well as discussion with other trusted shooters, I decided to acquire a Trojan 40 cal blaster. You gotta realize that nothing spooks this Glocks Only guy more than the thought of shooting a 1911, but I believe that the time has come.

I did not, not, NOT want to go with 40...and tried to talk myself into thinking that the two additional rounds allotted to the 9mm crowd would balance out the difference between major and minor scoring. The bullets are cheaper, I have TONS of 9mm brass, less powder, less recoil...9mm has been a constant friend for me for many years.

Again, the trusted voices of reason chimed in and in unison conveyed one important message: Minor Sucks.

So I went with 40. With the trusted smithing of Buddy Runner, true functioning of Tripp magazines, sex appeal of STI contingency funds, and a winter of dryfire, I hope to powerfully transition from the cold reliability and clunky trigger of a Glock to the brave new world of 1911s in time to be ready for the Florida Open.

In the mean time, here is the video from the match today at Oxford:

th_11-07-2010OxUSPSA.jpg

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It came to me in a dream....shoot a Single Stack, save the world....

So after much perseveration and research, as well as discussion with other trusted shooters, I decided to acquire a Trojan 40 cal blaster. You gotta realize that nothing spooks this Glocks Only guy more than the thought of shooting a 1911, but I believe that the time has come.

I did not, not, NOT want to go with 40...and tried to talk myself into thinking that the two additional rounds allotted to the 9mm crowd would balance out the difference between major and minor scoring. The bullets are cheaper, I have TONS of 9mm brass, less powder, less recoil...9mm has been a constant friend for me for many years.

great shooting man! love that stage looks like a blast to shoot. I shot an STI executive and the thing that scares me now about moving from my trusted g17 is 2700 Bucks I am fixing to spend on the STI lol!

Mat

Edited by Micah

Oxford was a good match. Nice shooting! Money has always been a factor in what I shoot and unless I happen to have a long lost relative kick the bucket and leave me a good amount of it I'm going to stay in Production for a long time to come.

Again, the trusted voices of reason chimed in and in unison conveyed one important message: Minor Sucks.

FWIW, I remember several years ago talking to Sevigny and a few other guys about this subject. The general consensus was that shooting minor when you could shoot major costs you about 10% in the overall standings.

FWIW, I remember several years ago talking to Sevigny and a few other guys about this subject. The general consensus was that shooting minor when you could shoot major costs you about 10% in the overall standings.

And at the GM level when we grasp at tenths of a percent, going major was the only answer.

Still waiting on the funds to reach the seller. Once then, my gunsmith will redress this beauty the way I like it, and I will have a month to learn to love it until the Florida Open.

Furthermore on what Jake said...I completely believe that with proper technique, and adequate strength...major loads time the same in many levels as minor loads...all though there are several differences that prevent major 40 and minor 9 from being timed at the same cycle rate...

Furthermore on what Jake said...I completely believe that with proper technique, and adequate strength...major loads time the same in many levels as minor loads...all though there are several differences that prevent major 40 and minor 9 from being timed at the same cycle rate...

I like the way my .40 gun cycles better than my 9mm. Sure the 9mm is soft but it just feels sluggish to me!

• 4 weeks later...

I took a little time off from shooting and dryfiring to recharge the hunger and work on physical fitness...but now that I just picked up my single stack from "my" gunsmith, it's back on full force :) I'll take a few pix and post them up tomorrow.

I took a little time off from shooting and dryfiring to recharge the hunger and work on physical fitness...but now that I just picked up my single stack from "my" gunsmith, it's back on full force :) I'll take a few pix and post them up tomorrow.

Pics now!!! :-)

You know there's a safety on single stacks right?

And don't kid your self, you haven't gone single stack unless its a .45 :sight: No matter what steel says :devil:

Well to the club anyway...save the world.

You know there's a safety on single stacks right?

And don't kid your self, you haven't gone single stack unless its a .45 :sight: No matter what steel says :devil:

Well to the club anyway...save the world.

You should see my arguing on another forum about that lol.

Thanks guys...and that's no pee Chris...its generic Simple Green.

I do plan on shooting it Sunday at Mburg ;)

I thought it was clean urine for the Florida Open. If you ever need any, I know a guy from my bodybuilding days... :ph34r: