Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Is A Limited Run Of Glock 35s A Good Idea?

GJ047

Guys this is my first post here so be gentle. I have started shooting USPSA localy for about a year now with a Glock 21. I have noticed that a somewhat large number of shooters are using Glocks, particularly the model 35. Could USPSA request that Glock make a special run of model 35's with the USPSA logo engraved on the slide, a fiber optic front sight, and maybe a Dawson adjustable rear? Maybe a couple of extra bucks with each gun could go back to a juniors program or a one year membership could be included with the purchase of the pistol. I know I would buy one and it would be good advertisment for USPSA while sitting on dealers shelves. Just throwing it out there.

Were all gentle around here... ;)

Good idea in theory but probably a political nightmare as USPSA would seem to "endorse" a particular manufacturer...?

Welcome to the Forums! :D

I think Para has a USPSA Limited gun with the Logo on it. Not sure though.

Were all gentle around here... ;)

Good idea in theory but probably a political nightmare as USPSA would seem to "endorse" a particular manufacturer...?

Welcome to the Forums! :D

I think Para has a USPSA Limited gun with the Logo on it. Not sure though.

Over the years, Para, Colt, STI and some others have made USPSA and IPSC-logoed pistols. The logo license fee at least goes straight to the logo owners, and often some of the purchase price does as well.

Might as well ask Glock and see what they say.

Glocks are great guns & that is what I shoot almost exclusively but the thing to remember about Glocks is Gaston Glock decides what, when, & where about his guns. He doesn't seem really keen on the idea of doing things his customers might want. I guess you really can't blame him as he built the business & picked his target audience(primarily military & law enforcement) & needless to say, it has been very succesful. Mr. Glock has made some concessions to competition shooting but what you are thinking about might be a stretch! It never hurts to ask, though. What might be possible instead could be to get a big dealer to have these mods done aftermarket, in a numbered batch. He might even be able to buy sequential serial numbers, not sure about that, though.

Good thinking! Keep dreaming up ideas.

Welcome to competition shooting.

MLM

Guys this is my first post here so be gentle. I have started shooting USPSA localy for about a year now with a Glock 21. I have noticed that a somewhat large number of shooters are using Glocks, particularly the model 35. Could USPSA request that Glock make a special run of model 35's with the USPSA logo engraved on the slide, a fiber optic front sight, and maybe a Dawson adjustable rear? Maybe a couple of extra bucks with each gun could go back to a juniors program or a one year membership could be included with the purchase of the pistol. I know I would buy one and it would be good advertisment for USPSA while sitting on dealers shelves. Just throwing it out there.

1st off, welcome to the Forums. You will gain a lot of knowledge from these great people here.

2nd, You could always find a good deal on a used but not abused G35, set it up the way you want, have it laser engraved with the USPSA logo and then kick some funds over to the JR program! :D

I don't think Glock would do that type of run, unless someone ordered a few hundred at one time. I think they need to come out w/ a G35 Limited Dave S. model. If Para can have the Todd J. model, why not a Glock Dave S. model.

GlockSpeed31

You might have better luck trying through one of the aftermarket "special model"

companies. Davidsons might be a place to start. They have actually done runs in

special calibers--not just cosmetics. Dawson's could do it. Who is the biggest Glock

retailer in the USA? Never hurts to ask.

Bill

how about a limited run with the common sense improvements on "perfection" like a 1/4" beavertial, and some sights not made from plastic for starters?

"Better for this game" improvements like a little "ring" at the bottom to hang a magwell on are not as important, but would be nice.

GLock is a victim of their own popularity. They are selling so many guns they won't improve their product in obvious areas.

Edited by dirtypool40

Speaking of a special run of the 35, my dealer told me that he recently saw a very heavily used 35 that had been marked "Israeli Special Forces" something or other. I don't know if it was genuine, faked or used in such capacity and individually marked.

Since a 35 was used to win Limited, I figure Glock should do SOMETHING special to celebrate. It really is a big deal.

Dave Sinko

how about a limited run with the common sense improvements on "perfection" like a 1/4" beavertial, and some sights not made from plastic for starters?

"Better for this game" improvements like a little "ring" at the bottom to hang a magwell on are not as important, but would be nice.

GLock is a victim of their own popularity. They are selling so many guns they won't improve their product in obvious areas.

While I won't argue there's room for improvement (particularly with the sights and trigger), what's wrong with the beavertail? Maybe a bit longer, is that what you're suggesting? As in a 1/4" beavertail, beyond the frame's "beavertail" area?

H.

I'm with DP.

I number of shooter do get some slide bite because the beavertail on the G isn't longer. A number have issues with the grip angle. And, a number would benefit from ambi-controls on the gun.

All those points...being addressed by the latest competitor to the G.

If Glock had addressed those years ago...who could have even got their foot in the door ?

Grip angle is the ONLY reason I don't have a Glock, as a matter of fact, if it was the same a s the 1911, I imagine I would have 3 glocks:

1) Carry

2) Car ( not the same as carry ;) )

3) Competition

Edited to add:

The Glock needs a "thumb rest" like the safety on a 1911. I have found that I love that, helps me index my draw better.

Edited by zhunter

Wow thanks for all the quick comments guys. Just as an update I sent in an email yesterday to USPSA and Dave Thomas wrote me back this morning. It's really cool that he took the time to email me back for an idea that I just threw out there. He wrote that "Although it does not include Glock, USPSA has a current firearms royalty deal with Para Ordnance and two more in the works for late this year or early next." He then referenced me to the USPSA partners page which pictures two Para Ordnance Todd Jarret model guns with the USPSA logo on them. So it seems possible but like you guys said, very unlikely.

I'm with DP.

I number of shooter do get some slide bite because the beavertail on the G isn't longer. A number have issues with the grip angle. And, a number would benefit from ambi-controls on the gun.

All those points...being addressed by the latest competitor to the G.

If Glock had addressed those years ago...who could have even got their foot in the door ?

I've given up on ambi controls, although that's what I'd like to see most of all. Just a freakin' mag release, please!!?

H.

Grip angle is the ONLY reason I don't have a Glock, as a matter of fact, if it was the same a s the 1911, I imagine I would have 3 glocks:

1) Carry

2) Car ( not the same as carry ;) )

3) Competition

Edited to add:

The Glock needs a "thumb rest" like the safety on a 1911. I have found that I love that, helps me index my draw better.

Don't get me started on grip angle, I'm wishing for things that might actually be fixed if they gave a $HIT. I already posted about why they felt they had to change grip angle from everything else on the planet and it just got me flamed.

I'm with you, if the grip angle was the same as a 1911, I'd own a whole passle of 'em (passle is an amount known to Suthren folk).

But.... Everything I train, compete and carry, plus nightstand and glove box, has to point and operate the same. Glocks don't, so it's a plethora (yankee word) or 1911's for me.

Yes, I could go all glocks, but that's just icky, and previously alluded to, they chew on my hand.

One man's poison . . . I love the grip angle, it allows my wrists to be straighter. I can certainly see how someone wouldn't like it, but at least it's an option. Some things, like no magwell, are obviously inferior, but others are a matter of taste.

H.

I don't see Glock doing this unfortunately, but I like the idea.

Glock Inc does what Gaston Glock wants to do. They don't give a crap about their civilian customers and what we want, but they treat their LEO customers like royalty.

Unless Gaston hangs out in Georgia, I'd think the best bet would be to contact the plant in Georgia to see how receptive they'd be.

I hope they understand how big Dave's Limited win was. Something special should be done if USPSA would allow it.

I don't see Glock doing this unfortunately, but I like the idea.

Glock Inc does what Gaston Glock wants to do. They don't give a crap about their civilian customers and what we want, but they treat their LEO customers like royalty.

I have to disagree here. Glock runs GSSF matches all over the country giving away whole passles of Glocks in the process. What other firearms manufacturer runs their own shooting sport? Heck at these matches armorers will rebuild your glock for free! I would call that giving a crap :)

Hell who wants all the pistols to point the same? Some folks like 1911, some wheel guns, some glocks and some like them all :D

Keith

I have to disagree here. Glock runs GSSF matches all over the country giving away whole passles of Glocks in the process.

Game!

What other firearms manufacturer runs their own shooting sport? Heck at these matches armorers will rebuild your glock for free! I would call that giving a crap :)

Set!

Hell who wants all the pistols to point the same? Some folks like 1911, some wheel guns, some glocks and some like them all :D Keith

And...Match! Well played, well played, sir.