Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Single Stack 2007

Sestock

I think the addition of SS division was great for our sport. Thanks, Gary!

I agree with the DOH for women only.

I also agree that the division will really take off when the classifiers actually count.

Lets make SS a real division ASAP.

Good Luck :)

Good discussions. For myself, I started out shooting tuperware. Then got classified on wheels. Started working on SS last year and have a great time with all of them. I wasn't attracted to this sport because of popularity, so I'm fine with having fun in the unpopular divisions and proud of any grief I get from them to boot. Take the "P" out of SS.

I also agree that the division will really take off when the classifiers actually count.

+1!

+1!

+2

Good work Gary!

I was an Open shooter for many years. Eye problems forced me out of the sport for awhile but the wonders of medicine allow me to see the sights again.

I came back to USPSA shooting my 1911. Then I got the bug and had to build a Limited gun.

The only reason I started shooting a little IDPA was so I could compete on a level playing field with my 1911.

I have yet to shoot SS at a match. However, the minute we can get SS classified I will bring out the 1911.

L 1727

Do we allow the DOH for women as well as the lowering of the belt loops? To me, having both is not different than men running the DOH.

Sort of a complicated answer as the rules are still in flux, but as I understand it it for the specific divisions of Production and Single Stack it will be the DOH type holster only. I know what I am proposing for Single Stack, but have not delved into the Production Holster area as of yet. I know I want to leave the DOH type holster in Production, but I have not seen the exact wording of the belt loop rule as of yet.

I may be wrong on this as it applies to Production, so put away the tar and feathers if I am wrong :ph34r:

Gary

Edited by Gary Stevens

Gary,

For what it's worth I'd love to see the provisional dropped as soon as possible and let SS run with the big dogs. As for the holster, I really don't think it matters one way or the other if we allow the DOH or not. It certainly won't make a difference in who wins.

Thanks again for all your work on this!

Dale

It's hard to gauge the actual popularity of SS, since a lot of the people who might shoot it are shooting L10 until the scores count.

At our club fun match last night, out of 38 shooters, we had one Limited 10 shooter and one SS shooter (me). That's scary.

Someone suggested letting SS classifiers count while the division remains provisional. While I'd like to see the division become reality soon, that's not a bad compromise if it can't.

Lee

As for the holster, I really don't think it matters one way or the other if we allow the DOH or not. It certainly won't make a difference in who wins.

No, it won't change who wins, but it will make it a lot more fun for some.

Do you nearly hit your basepad on your armpit when you draw?

Does your muzzle point 3 feet to your right when your gun is holstered?

Some women, not all, are much better off with the DOH.

Good Luck

Edited by Bergie

• 1 month later...

I just ran the end of May numbers for the WPA Section.

From the match results YTD for seven clubs there have been 1051 shooters. PSSD is at 78 shooters or 7.4% of the total shooters. Last year SS and Rev were pretty much dead even. This year SS is more than doubling Rev 78 to 38 in the local matches. So at least in Western PA SS is growning. FYI last year only 109 people shot SS for the year, this year with five months to go in the season, we will probably double that number.

I'm ready for SS! I'm not sure why we let Production guys use the DOH when the Single Stack folks can't...?

I carry a Glock at work all day in a Top Gun 200 and an Uncle Mike's the rest of the time. I carried my Colt SS at work in a Top Gun 200 too (until they made me carry a Glock) and then in an Uncle Mike's after work...Isn't it all the same?

Why do I need some kind of high rise holster to shoot SS but not Production????

Why do I need some kind of high rise holster to shoot SS but not Production????

I with you on that Mick, I think the DOH crying really started last year with SS nationals and Richard! I enjoy the DOH just because I am fat. I know I can diet, I am trying! I wish they would have just left the holster rule alone. Oh well!!!!!

As far as women wearing the DOH thats great, but I don't see many women doing the drop'd beltloop thing anymore. My wife says it's a pain in butt! She said it's a lot easier for her to wear low rise shorts or jeans now! :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Edited by MarkS_A18138

I don't want to beat a dead horse, but I am overweight also and the DOH was the only holster that was comfortable. It is still beyond me why we let Heine dictate what holsters we can use. I will also shoot SS when it is a regular division with it's own classifiers.

For those who always see the dark side of the cloud, the year Richard objected to the DOH, we (USPSA) told him politely it was a USPSA match and it was being ran by USPSA rules. Therefore the DOH was allowed.

The reason the DOH will be out of SS ( I predict) is 1. Because it is a new division and is not tied to or obligated by any other divisions equipment, and 2. When I conceived the SS I wanted it to be a little different from the other divisions. I didn't want it to just be Production with a SS. While we used much of the same positioning, I felt the holster should be something a little unique to the SS division.

As one who was rejected by Jenny Craig as a hopeless case, I use a SS legal holster and have had no problem with it.

Gary

For those who always see the dark side of the cloud, the year Richard objected to the DOH, we (USPSA) told him politely it was a USPSA match and it was being ran by USPSA rules. Therefore the DOH was allowed.

The reason the DOH will be out of SS ( I predict) is 1. Because it is a new division and is not tied to or obligated by any other divisions equipment, and 2. When I conceived the SS I wanted it to be a little different from the other divisions. I didn't want it to just be Production with a SS. While we used much of the same positioning, I felt the holster should be something a little unique to the SS division.

As one who was rejected by Jenny Craig as a hopeless case, I use a SS legal holster and have had no problem with it.

Gary

I think that it's not fair to give Richard Heinie all the credit for objecting to the DOH style of holster.

I was screaming HELL NO at the top of my lungs. Then we dealt with it the first year and thanked God that USPSA had seen the light and corrected the rules before the second year.

Russell

The turn out at our last match was larger then normal, thanks the upcoming state match, we had 84 shooters.

I believe we had 6 or 7 SS shooters, more L10 shooters then that and one revolver shooter.

Our largest division was production with about 25 shooters, back when production was new there was little interest or participation in it at our club for several years, then is just started to grow, now its one of our big three (Limited, production and open).

I guess my point is you can’t look at one club, at one point in time and predict the future, maybe SS will be the next Revolver division or maybe it will be the next production division.

I believe there is room in the USPSA for SS, lets make it a real division and see where it goes.

This is very similar to our clubs participation

Oakdale 5-17-2007

Oakdale Gun Club (mn07)

5/17/2007

Division Competitors

Limited 12

Limited_10 8

Open 6

Production 25

Single Stack 6

Total: 57

If your statement is a suggestion to allow light rails, we took it to heart. They have been legal since January 1, 2007.

Don't you love it when your organization is responsive to you even before you make the suggestion :cheers:

Gary