Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

OK, my work gets scheduled in early November for the following year. Once set, it is done so in STONE.

So...

How about getting the 2008 dates out early for us working folks to plan ahead!!!!

I would love to shoot a Nationals one year, but it is just luck of the draw for me because of the late scheduling.

PLEEZ get it done early!!!

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

+10

We draw vacation in early December. Our schedule is such that we know our work days years in advance (cyclical schedule) so it is not much of a problem to draw days if you know the dates. However after the draw passes it becomes infinitely more difficult. It would be so nice to be able to schedule match dates if they are out.

Craig

+10

We draw vacation in early December. Our schedule is such that we know our work days years in advance (cyclical schedule) so it is not much of a problem to draw days if you know the dates. However after the draw passes it becomes infinitely more difficult. It would be so nice to be able to schedule match dates if they are out.

Craig

I second that :D

Barry B)

Subscribing because this will most likely be my first Nats. I want to get my Leave scheduled. I have to work around the USAF schedule system. 4 months in the desert while you guys and gals have all the fun is not cool.

Edited by theknightoflight

Subscribing because this will most likely be my first Nats. I want to get my Leave scheduled. I have to work around the USAF schedule system. 4 months in the desert while you guys and gals have all the fun is not cool.

Thanks for your service and keeping us safe here :)

barry

Thanks for your service and keeping us safe here :)

barry

Thanks!

Hmmm.... How hard is it to get into this Nationals thing? :D

I expressed this very issue to my wonderful Area Director at practice one night- he acknowledges the issue, and promised to bring it up in person at a board meeting in the near future. I also had addressed this via email with our president last year, to no avail.

RB (the AD) said that there were issues (especially this past year) with arrangements due to negotiation tactics some of the potential facilities used.

Hopefully this will get solved, as I had spousal permission and financial ability to attend this year, to find out the dates quite a while after our vacation schedule at work was set in stone.

Oh well....I DID join for life :)

• 8 months later...
+10

Craig

Same here- now I am at the mercy of when I "guessed"! :blink:

totally unconfirmed, but have heard from 2 sources pistol will be back-to-back in tulsa, likely in july. mg nats as late as sept, possibly in louisiana...

:surprise: That would definitely work for me- I took off all of July exept for 5 days during vacation picks!! :) I will keep my fingers crossed! :unsure:

I wouldn't count on that anymore, especially with the World Shoot dates moved.

Yeah, another excuse to delay publishing the dates. Sigh..... :wacko::(

Oh well...with any luck I'll be changing jobs in February to one with the same amount of vacation but no restricted months during shooting season. And the new boss would be a shooter which has to be better than working for an Anti-Gun Liberal twit.

I can't believe how pitiful this is, I have one of the most flexible schedule jobs around ( Realtor) and I have classes and events that have been scheduled since january of LAST year.

We have to do something about this. I guess it will be have to be done through the BOD at this point.

totally unconfirmed, but have heard from 2 sources pistol will be back-to-back in tulsa, likely in july. mg nats as late as sept, possibly in louisiana...

I wouldn't count on that anymore, especially with the World Shoot dates moved.

I heard the same thing too and took a chance and signed up for my vacation slot in July :angry: