Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New Limited Blaster

Matt Cheely

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you all for the comments :) I just got back from a little road trip out to NY. Took Dan out to a Buffalo Sabres hockey game. Sweet game, 13 goals in all! I'll go answer a few of the questions.

How much does the slide weigh (before and after)?

I went down and actually put the slide on a scale. A bald classic slide with no cuts weighs about 12oz. This is 9.75 with the front sight still in it.

That's downright funky.... Have you had to grab those cuts under pressure, yet, to rack the slide, and did you come away with fingers still on your hand??? :o

It's not that bad! I went in and put a small flat at the tip of the point and buffed off the knife edge. I was worried that if I had a bad grip I would slice off a finger.

If you sell it, I think the Predator is definately an appropriate name.

Ok, I really really like that name. :ph34r: How much for royalties? ;)

Now ya'll just have to wait on me getting in as a forum dealer before I start talking about doing work for all the guys that have asked about it... Send me a PM;)

Matt the cut away from the guide rod area looks cool, how much weight does that take off a 5" gun? I know they do it on all the 6" guns I have seen. Do you have a target weight for your slides?

Matt the cut away from the guide rod area looks cool, how much weight does that take off a 5" gun? I know they do it on all the 6" guns I have seen. Do you have a target weight for your slides?

I haven't weighed how much that particular cut takes off.

My target weight right now is any weight that I haven't done before. I haven't settled down on a specific weight I like yet. The last gun was at least an ounce heavier than this. We will see how I like it.

I'm not putting down the pictures, but with work that outstanding, I think you should consider a professional photographer, maybe?

Hey now, I think my pictures aren't half bad... I would love to have really nice pictures of my guns but I have to make some $$ before I can do that!

Hey now, I think my pictures aren't half bad... I would love to have really nice pictures of my guns but I have to make some $$ before I can do that!

Naw, all you do is find some photographer who's also a shooter, and barter a deal of work for work.... :D

Matt,

Give us a range report and tell us the difference between your new pistol (which does look extremely radical and AWESOME by the way) and a "traditional" 5" pistol.

Specifically the weight difference as your new pistol looks much lighter overall than a traditional pstol would be.

Muzzle flip or transition (swinging) difference? Not much weight foreword which is a radical difference in theory to control recoil from many of the current models out there.

I'll be repeating what others have said before...

As you get to be a better shooter and can call your shots and such, it doesn't really matter how much the gun recoils as long as the sights come back. My light guns do flip more than a heavy gun but I can still shoot it as fast because the sights return.

I really don't like long dustcover guns, or 6" guns. They feel very front heavy and unbalanced in my hand. I feel like the gun swings too much and itsn't just setting in my hand.

With the light gun, it feels quick, cycles faster with the lighter slide and the sights track fine. Anyone with a high grip and developed recoil control can shoot a light gun without noticing much more muzzle flip than normal.

I don't think I'll ever switch back to a heavy limited gun. I do prefer a 5" open gun with a Ti comp, so I'm not all the way over to super light guns all the time.

• 3 weeks later...

Naw, all you do is find some photographer who's also a shooter, and barter a deal of work for work.... :D

We can work something out. Send the guns down to me, I'll send you back pictures.

Sound good? It does to me, thats half a successful deal right there :D

• 2 weeks later...