Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Florida Open - 2007 Now That The Match Is Underway

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

XD Niner, good intel, can't wait to get started tomorrow.

LOL...your excitement is apparent...you did start this thread 3 days early. B):D:)

You guys have fun and shoot solid.

Merely an oversight my good man.

Now it's 0445 and I am up and at em!!!

I'll report back from the F-F-F-Florida Open..... If I don't freeze or fall asleep.

see y'all there.

ZH,

I saw several folks taking advantage of Henry Swartout's table. I bought an 8# jug of IMR 4576 myself. He certainly had some good prices with no Hazmat fees.

NO kidding, $90 per 5000 Winchester Large Pistol primers, with no Hazmat Fee.

I got 2 boxes, of 5000 :)

Here is squad 9

DSC00005.jpg

And the guilty parties are, from left to right: Robert Perdue, Jay Townsend, aka ZH, Ron Kearney, Cliff Walsh, Rex Nicholson, Harvey Albert, Bob Novak, and Peter Geraci.

Just a note about Peter, this was his FIRST EVER match. After taking a class a couple of weeks ago, he made his competitive shooting debut at the Florida Open.

It was a great group of guys.

Edited by zhunter

Just got home after a looooong day starting with a 4 am wakeup.

Had a blast, got to hang with some good friends I never get to see, and shoot some cool stages in what turned out to be a really nice day.

My squad started at 0700 on stage 2, and shot through to finish about 5pm on stage 7. That's like starting over five times. Next year I am going to shoot it all in one day.

I'd say of six shot I had one crash, two too slow, and three that were alright. My lone crash was as a result of missing the walk-through for lunch and arriving to hear "Dude, you're on deck." My buds gave me the plan, but my head was not properly torqued as evidenced by the mike, long time and all around lack of points.

Excuses aside, I had a lot of fun and with the exception of one "crash" I held together alright, kinda slow and conservative, but ok.

As to reporting back; Checking scores I see Dave Sevigny put up some INSANE times. I mean it's hard to tell who shot what at what time in the day, etc. etc. and ok, it was my first stage CCCCCCOLD, but I never had a malf or missed position and he puts 7 seconds on me???? :huh: Woof, makes me want to quit!!!

Todd shot today and was also smoking. Manny and Ted Puente shot yesterday as well, but I thnk they told me they each had at least one crash so consider themselves out of contention.

Looking forward to Sharyn's vids, and four solid to finish up.

Eric, to add insult to injury, on top of that, Dave felt like he really didn't shoot a solid match.... <_<

Todd and Rebecca showed up three stages late, having had their flight get canceled yesterday. They have one more stage to catch up on tomorrow, so they're going to hit it at 7am... Ugh... I feel for them :(

My match - well, I'm having a lot of fun. I agree w/ DP that the shoot one, wait one squad schedule really messes with trying to establish a rhythm and routine. I shot two stages today with no semblance of my usual routine, and it showed. I made a mental error on a third. The stage 3 video that Sharyn had of me shows some trigger freeze and another (much more minor) mental error, if you look....

That said - tomorrow is all about get back on a stage routine, focus, and patience. Tomorrow's another day, and another match ;)

Did I mention I'm having a great time??? :) Great match, great test, lots of deceptively tough shots....

Met DP, Smitty, and Sandro today for the first time :D Squadded w/ Smitty and Sandro....

not sure, just one of those tihngs, I'm chatting with a vendor and thenI notice, jeez, all my squad-mates are gone. :mellow:

Well, yet another lesson learned.

in the plus column I DID NOT MINOR!!!! :D 175pf BABY!!!!

Not this time :wacko:

I believe you learned that lesson previously

WE NEED a score fix!!!!!!

Edited by zhunter

Well this was not the way I wanted to start the season.

This match turned into a train wreck for me.

The first two stages went into the toilet due to FTF's.

Turned out to be a magazine gone bad at the worst possible time.

Note to self:

Changes mag springs periodically whether you think they need it or not.

Got to the chrono with great confidence and just about swallowed my tongue when the first three rounds didn't make it.

Same N320 load I've used forever with no problem.

N320 not supposed to be temp sensitive but just squeaked by on Friday.

Note to self:

There is no such thing as powder that isn't temp sensitive. If its cold, it won't kill you to load a little hotter.

The next stage (Painter) I took the first two targets on a standing shot and started to back peddle.

My first step brought a pain that felt like being stabbed with a hot poker.

For a second I thought I caught a stray slug.

Turned out to be a bad muscle pull.

Match over.

Note to self:

Alway stretch before a match. Especially if it's cold.

Oh well, three more expensive lessons learned.

On to the next match.

Tls

North Tennessee Mafia.

Those new team shirts are really cool.

post-6467-1171828709.jpg

Edited by tlshores

UN-Offivcial report from dirtypool40

Open Chris Tilley

Limited Dave Sevigny, Todd Jarrett lost by less than 4 points, but broke his rear sight on a stage and dropped 4 mikes. Apparently the top 4 were separated by 4 points or less.

Then he had to hang up, sorry, that is all I heard.

Final Results

Open

1. Chris Tilley

2. KC Eusebio

3. Max Michel

4. Matt Burkett

5. Nicolas Blum

Limited

1. Dave Sevigny

2. Todd Jarrett

3. Travis Tomasie

4. Shannon Smith

5. Emanuel Bragg

Production

1. Petros Milionis

2. Daniel Horner

3. Jeffrey Degracia

4. Robert Romero

5. Rodrigo Azpuria

Single Stack

1. Angus Hobdell

2. Paul Hendrix

3. Jay Townsend

4. Ken Kraker

Limited 10

1. Mike Burrell

2. Kenny Dickerson

3. Peter Savage

4. Sean Hansen

5. Steve Russell

Revolver

1. Richardo Lopez

2. Cliff Walsh

3. Marwan Itani

4. Johnny Brister

5. Robert Perdue

Really fun match, thanks to Frank, Rosie, Wadette, and all the great CRO's, RO's, and Explorers who did all the hard work. Heading back to the snow/cold tomorrow but I will be back again next year.

Squad #19.......... you were a great bunch of guys to shoot with.

Does anyone know when full results will be up on Frank's site or someplace else?

Edited by nhglyn

I second nhglyn's comments, it was a great match. My thanks to all who worked so hard to bring this off (with the exception of the weather man this year.) Congratulations to the various winners too.

I shot Friday and was not about to drive back for a visit to the prize table. How was it? Who won the Harley?

See you all again next year.