Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Ohio Section Championship - 2007

I wanted to get some info out. None of this is official, so don't get too hard-core about booking flights and locking in vacation time...yet. :D

We thought we might move the match around this year..to one of the other Ohio clubs. The Miamisburg (Dayton area) club was looking to host. They recently had quite a bit of range work done and they were really wanting to host the match. As it turns out, they just weren't sure if the range would be 100% ready. That will likely put us back at Circleville again this year...which is a great venue. It also, likely, means you guys will get me again as Match Director. :D

Brain Hanna will likely be pulling Range Master duty this year. We are blessed to have both Brian Hanna and Paul Hernandez here in Ohio, and we are kinda looking to rotate them as RM from year to year. (Wouldn't want them to get too comfortable.)

Match Staff - I know that, as soon as I put this up, I will be getting offers from the all the fine folks that are willing to help work this match (which is HIGHLY appreciated). So, let me get a little bit of info out about that. Past match staff gets first dibs. Not that I'd have it any other way, but I just have to give them first crack at staffing. They have done such a great job in the past that it not only makes sense...it's also the right thing to do to keep the team together. When we are ready to open it up a bit more (and we will), then I'll put out a call for staff and start making a list.

Before any of that happens, I need to get approval from the club.

So...to recap..nothing official yet. I just wanted to get the info out so people can think about their planning.

Tentative:

1st weekend of September.

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Darn Flex,

Just finally mustered up the nerve to attempt the 9+ hr drive again and there you go having the match so close to 2 others that I can't get out of (Nats and TN) so the funding will not be there.......and the time off work. :(

Might would have offered to work the match for you too. ;)

Oh well, maybe next time.!!!!

Hop

We thought we might move the match around this year..to one of the other Ohio clubs. The Miamisburg (Dayton area) club was looking to host. They recently had quite a bit of range work done and they were really wanting to host the match. As it turns out, they just weren't sure if the range would be 100% ready.

Finished about 75% of our planned range construction by November of 2006. We completed the move/reconstruction of the 50 and 100 yrd ranges, two of four pistol bays, and most of the 200 yds range and then had to stop for the winter. The weather in 2006 was not on our side and put us behind several months.

In 2007 we are looking to finish the pistol bays and 200 yds range, as well as, add several shelters to keep us out of the sun. There is still a lot to do and we didn't want to host the state match until the ranges were 100% and any bug worked out.

Flex, put me on the staff list.

Mark

The Ohio folks are some of the greatest people to work and/or shoot with...I wouldn't miss this match for the world. Gotta help out our "neighbors" dontchyaknow. ;) They are always there for us!!! Besides, the match itself is awesome, and the pizza and BYOB bash with bonfire are a great way to meet and talk to all the shooters and other staff during your "downtime". B)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Brain Hanna will likely be pulling Range Master duty this year.

Wow, BRAIN Hanna? Thanks for the compliment!!! :lol: Kyle, I am truly flattered but also fairly questionable this year. Between work (which has had me out of town 4 - 5 days a week), and my current match schedule (SAKO insisted :rolleyes: ), I may not be able to swing this one. I'll do my best but have two weeks overseas scheduled which severely limits my availablity. Please keep me in the loop, and as you can tell I haven't had much time to spend on the board... ;)

• 3 weeks later...
The Ohio folks are some of the greatest people to work and/or shoot with...I wouldn't miss this match for the world. Gotta help out our "neighbors" dontchyaknow. ;) They are always there for us!!! Besides, the match itself is awesome, and the pizza and BYOB bash with bonfire are a great way to meet and talk to all the shooters and other staff during your "downtime". B)
And don't forget to bring pants :P