Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Slots to the Nationals - 2007

Flexmoney

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was pretty surprised to get a call from Matt, yesterday, asking if I wanted a slot. Guess I earned one with an L10 class win last year.

I'm not really sure I can swing the $, but debating. Plus, in my short experience, there's no shooter more dangerous than an L10 "B". :)

But anwyay, do most people fly into Missoula (coming from East Coast), or is there a big cost savings to flying into Spokane and driving?

Another First Timer here. It is a big deal for me too, Chris! :D

I just burned my American Airlines mileage and bought my tickets to Tulsa!!

I have a lot of questions to ask. Let me organize my thoughts and I'll get back to you all.

I'M GOING TO NATIONALS!!

WOOOHOOO!!!

:D

Another First Timer here. It is a big deal for me too, Chris! :D

I just burned my American Airlines mileage and bought my tickets to Tulsa!!

I have a lot of questions to ask. Let me organize my thoughts and I'll get back to you all.

I'M GOING TO NATIONALS!!

WOOOHOOO!!!

:D

Nelson,

Outstanding! Shall we squad together? Please tell me you got you app in for South Carolina? As long as it is postmarked, you will be OK. Talk to you later.

Jack

Nelson,

Outstanding! Shall we squad together? Please tell me you got you app in for South Carolina? As long as it is postmarked, you will be OK. Talk to you later.

Jack

No problem with me Jack, if you don't mind shooting in a revolver squad. I wish I could take the boys, but not this time.

We're all set for South Caroline!

N

Hi there,

Just a little tip: saying you're going (or not going) to the Nationals here does you no good whatsoever.

I'm seeing some names here. Names of people for which I distinctly remember leaving messages. These names have yet to call me or email me or my assistant Matt to claim said slot. This does not bode well for said name. I'm only holding the slot for five (5) business days after point of first contact and then it's going to the next person in order of finish. This doesn't mean you should wait the full five days. We'd prefer it if you didn't. I'm not trying to be a big meanie, but as you can imagine there's a lot of club and sections out there who would dearly love to have their slots and they can't have them until you or someone just like you calls me and completes the cycle. So while I'm all for you reporting to your friends and shooting buds and the population at large regarding your slot status, I'm more for you completing the cycle first by calling me back and claiming your slot and THEN posting to your heart's content.

So, to summarize, this is what you should do if offered a slot and you weren't home to respond immediately:

1) call or email me FIRST with your decision

2) THEN post on the Enos forum about your unadulterated joy or self-righteous indignation, whichever is most fitting

3) enjoy life.

Thanks for your cooperation, we're all counting on it.

Kim

Some of us have been e-mailing you for information about a Nationals slot without success.

Should we post our requests for information here? :(

If you're emailing about how to get a slot, not trying to reply about an offered slot, all the information about those has been posted here, and on the USPSA Nationals page. The slot policy is also posted. Occasionally, the USPSA servers don't accept email from certain ISP's. This isn't within Kim's control.

Slot offers have been made, and slots mailed to the various sections around the country. If you have not earned a slot through placement at a match, you should be contacting your Section Coordinator or club president about how to get one of the ones they earned through activity in 2006.

The waiting list for returned slots will open in mid-March, which is another way to obtain a slot to Nationals. Again, check the Nationals web page for more information.

Slots are a major project for the USPSA staff; add to that the fact that Nationals planning is also going on at this time, and you may see a delay for routine questions via email from the office. Have patience.

Hope this helps.

Troy

The match hotel from last year was ok. Right downtown and ~15 min from the range. A few good eating/drinking places within walking distance. No trucks stolen from the parking lot that I know of.

Guess I'll be doing the March 28th bit....

Does anyone know where to get the info on how to do that?

The Nationals website says that it's on the USPSA website, under members, but I can't find a sign of it.

Edited by BBunin

Keep checking the USPSA Nationals web-site, as the date gets closer they will update the pages with the information. There will be a link that will become active at the appropriate time..

Quick tips: Have you credit card number handy and get on as quick as you can, the slots fill up REALLY quick so the quicker that you can type that info in the better chance you have of getting in.

Like HARAS said, the SC took care of us. I AM GOING TO THE NATIONALS!!!!!!!!! I will start counting the days now. 192 days and a wake-up. :D:P

SC is delivering the paperwork on Sunday and it will be in the mail on Monday.

Edited by Bwana Six-Gun

Got my slot paperwork today for Open Nationals, number 0047. Been a long time since my last trip to Missoula.

I hope I shoot better than the last time I was there.... Hmm, must be positive, I WILL shoot better than I did last time... Yeah, that feels better :D

Question - If you win a Slot to the Limited/Prod. Nationals shooting Limited, do you have to shoot Limited at the Nationals. Could you go and shoot Production? My son won a Limited slot but was wondering if he could shoot Production? Anyone know if this is possible?