Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Tactical Class Muzzlebrake ?

paraman1

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The first question you have to ask yourself is does the gun shoot in it's current configuration? and how well MOA? 1/2 MOA?? If it shoots well DO NOT CUT THE BARRELL!!! I know quite a few people that had a great shooting gun that would shoot 1/2 moa or so and then the decided the barrel was too lond and Voilla the now have a gun that shoots barely 2 MOA is the lost weight worth ruining your accuracy?

If it shoots like crap then don't worry that much and go with an F2 comp or a Bennie Cooley, I have heard that the F2 is the best one you can get and it is the same price as the cooley. You can get them at Flatland forge, do a google and ebay search you will find them.

Happy Shooting and I hope this Helped

Cutting your barrel shouldn't reduce accuracy unless you used a sawzall or something. The crown is very important. I haven't used one, but Benny Hill's rolling thunder comp seems to be well liked and I'll bet he could make your barrel whatever length you want as well. Nothing like one-stop shopping.

If you're going to get an AR barrel cutdown use Randall Rausch at www.ar15barrels.com He's cut two of mine, one (a Noveske) 14.5" to 13.7" and another (a LMT) 14.5" to 10.3" he rethreaded both concentrically to the bore and put a target crown on both and opened up the gas ports. Both shoot quite a bit more accurately than then had before. His prices are very good and turnaround time is usually about 2 weeks or less.

He cut a co-workers 20" stainless barrel to 18" and I reassembled the upper, at 18" it shoots .220" groups at 100yds with 60gr BH V-MAX.

I would recomend Benny for the whole job. I don't think there is a brake as good as a rolling thunder out there, the F2, and Cooley brakes come darn close, but I think the Roller is the best! KURTM

...I don't think there is a brake as good as a rolling thunder out there, the F2, and Cooley brakes come darn close, but I think the Roller is the best! KURTM

I was amazed at how soft my 16" middy shoots with the rolling thunder comp, even when compared to my 20" JP. However, it is heaviest of all the brakes I own. Benny, can you put it on a "fat free" diet? :D

I would recomend Benny for the whole job. I don't think there is a brake as good as a rolling thunder out there, the F2, and Cooley brakes come darn close, but I think the Roller is the best! KURTM

Ditto. The Rolling Thunder on my M-4 (yes it's here in Afghanistan with me) is suweeet! They hate it on the range but I like torturing others. :ph34r:

Rich

The Rolling Thunder is what's on my M-4 here in Afghani-land and love it! Tears the ear drums out of my buddies next to me, but they're still jealous.

Rich

DNTC from Rainier....

Dave Neth Tactical Comp

There's even a group buy over at AR15.com with some video links as well.

I'm currently running a AKConcepts DNTC (Dave Neth Tactical Comp) which works extremely well. If give a little more muzzle rise than my old Bennie Cooley comp but I can shoot it much faster because it's easier to figure out when to pull the trigger again because I can see the reticle rise and fall (very slight) which is much like shooting a Limited/Production pistol vs. an Open gun. The Cooley just wandered the reticle around like an Open gun does, which for me is harder to predict when to shoot again and slows me down a little.

3gunAR4.jpg

3gunAR3.jpg

DNTC from Rainier....

Dave Neth Tactical Comp

There's even a group buy over at AR15.com with some video links as well.

Just ordered one of these comps online, and they gave me the group rate, even thought I didn't know about it at the time. The comp shipped in a few hours after the order. First rate outfit! ! !

Thanks ! ! !

kr

Edited by freeidaho