Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Single Stack Photo Thread

dirtypool40

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My latest Single Stack. This one hasn't seen a lot of use yet, but that will change soon.

STI Trojan in 45 (of course)

SVI magwell

My custom grips

Caspian Trik Trigger

trojanleft.jpg

trojanright.jpg

Nice- Are your grips the standard width, and how was your experiece "fitting" the magwell?

Nice- Are your grips the standard width, and how was your experiece "fitting" the magwell?

Those are thin grips which I sanded off the checkering and then applied skate board tape. I like thin grips on my single stacks.

This magwell actually went on with no problems what so ever.

I've fitted a couple of other to Springfields and had to remove quite a bit of metal in the front area of the magwell just to get it on the frame. I haven't contoured the interior of the magwell yet but I probably will.

Cool- I have thin Alumagrips with TruGrip on mine right now- how does the magwell match up to the grips? I have been kicking around the idea of getting the SVI magwell since the SA one doesn't match up to the grip length worth a damn on the Spartan. And the difference in size is- well....gaping! Aaand I like the added grip on the front strap. Thanks for the feedback. :)

Cool- I have thin Alumagrips with TruGrip on mine right now- how does the magwell match up to the grips? I have been kicking around the idea of getting the SVI magwell since the SA one doesn't match up to the grip length worth a damn on the Spartan. And the difference in size is- well....gaping! Aaand I like the added grip on the front strap. Thanks for the feedback. :)

The grips actually fit down into the magwell so if they are a little short it does not show. I attempted to take a couple of pictures. I like the SVI magwell but I really like the Techwell magwell. However, I was talking to Bob Novak at the Shot Show and he said it would not work with thin grips due to the way they are held on the gun.

Anyway, maybe these pictures will explain the "fit down into the magwell" statement.

ETA: BTW, that is a standard basepad on the magazine in the previous pictures.

rightgrip.jpg

leftgrip.jpg

Edited by NCShooter

• 2 weeks later...

Well I am finally getting the Spartan where I like it. It is still a work in process, but what gun isn't! ;)

How I got it:

Spartan13.jpg

How it is today:

Spartan19.jpg

Spartan17.jpg

I would still like to get a SV Infinity trigger and narrower Dawson fiber front sight. But it is pretty close to being completed. I will be testing out the trigger along with the overall weight this weekend. The trigger feels waaay better now and breaks really clean. Feels lighter to boot! I find that I am able to seat mags with the standard .350" basepads just fine so I will probably be selling the extended ones I just bought! :wacko:

Man- I don't know. As they are right now, they don't fit the box. So I would have to do all kinds of work grinding on all 18 of them to fit. Then they will be a funky angled pad. I will be trading Cooter79 for 7 standard length ones and test them against the longer ones to see for sure. But as of now I don't forsee a problem as I am getting a solid "seat" everytime. I may just cut down the extended ones to .450-.500" and call it good.

Hey Rocket, is that being set up for Single Stack? I'm going to give it another go this weekend in Minor with my new SA Loaded 9mm.

Oh, and what kind of grips are those? Is that just some skate tape over a standard grip? Looks good.

ah, one last question, how you liking the hammer?

Edited by Aristotle

Hey Rocket, is that being set up for Single Stack? I'm going to give it another go this weekend in Minor with my new SA Loaded 9mm.

Oh, and what kind of grips are those? Is that just some skate tape over a standard grip? Looks good.

ah, one last question, how you liking the hammer?

Yup that is my SS beater! Hope you have better luck and less malfs this time. ;) The grips are AlumaGrips (thin) with Trugrip tape. Man do they work good- makes your grip like a bank vault! I like the Koenig hammers...I am anxious to test the trigger this weekend, I am always saying I need to get a trigger gauge- just never get around to it! :wacko:

LOL, yeah no kidding. I got the kinks worked out on that gun. to make up for the slight thread deviation...

Latest project is a Springer Loaded 9mm to do double duty ESP/SSD minor pistol to shoot to take a break from shooting .45's in L10 and CDP. .45's are getting even expensive to reload, and I have a few thousand 9mm to burn through. Still having fun so i can't complain, look for a video next week of it's debut! :cheers:

Springer010.jpg

Springer009.jpg

Springer011.jpg

Edited by Aristotle

• 2 weeks later...

Here's a couple of scanned pics of a pistol I just finished. I had built it many years ago, but decided that I would upgrade it and use it for Single Stack. It's a Foster frame and slide. After Randall went away for a short time it was Foster then became Caspian (at least that's what I've been told).

Barrel is Colt with a match type bushing fitted. Trigger is gun show special (USGI Match-short). Rear sight is Bo-Mar. Hammer, sear, disconnector were replaced and are Wilson. Also upgraded with a Wilson Grip Safety and Ed Brown Mainspring Housing/Mag Well. Grips are Stag, but I don't remember who made them. I checkered the front strap at 30 lpi and was about the 3rd or 4th that I did. I learned that this Stainless work hardens and I ended up buying a new file to finish it.

The rear sight is the way it is because when I built the gun I didn' want to have to cut down a firing pin stop and at that time I don't think that anyone was making them already cut down.

post-6529-1205908124.jpg

post-6529-1205908165.jpg

• 2 weeks later...