Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Single Stack Photo Thread

dirtypool40

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Les Baer PII with Brazos f/s, EB ext. mag release, and S&A magwell.

Nice gun Bill. You've got two in this thread you really did leave the team didn't you? :)

Here's my only SS. I may shoot it some this year. I need to put a magwell and sights on it.

IMG_2578pb.jpg

Very nice Delta Elite.

Who did your work?

a relatively unknown but uber-talented 'smith did these three back 7 or 8 years ago. He's a good friend who just got lost and really let me down so I don't work with him anymore but his work was as good as anything I've touched from any big name. That black gun started life as a $375 Mil Spec SA and is now the nicest pistol I've ever handled including the Heinie's, Garthwait's, Vickers and what have you. (Also the same gun in pics set 2 and 4). That black gun is going off to IONBOND and is the only gun PaulW has repeatedly tried to steal. It's just sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeet.

The "Delta" is actually built frame up on an idea we came up with for the ultimate "game" single stack. The slide is from an "Enhanced" Delta, so we could build a .40, put a bomar in and not have a gap like the Ellison. Top is serrated to look like a Gold Cup, frame is a Les Baer, barsto, brown, S&A, and Wilson parts rounded it out. Grips are a special set from Kim Ahrends.

I could go on and on about the details in that and the black gun. This is rounded, that is recessed, etc etc.

Uh, I thought you were poking fun at people with single stacks that weren't .45s????? This and the DE make two :surprise:

Not at all. Not me. I like .40 skinnys. The black gun is one of only two 5" .45's I think I've ever owned. I carry a little .45 Venry did, but for matches, I don't see any home for a .45.

The bottom, stainless .40 is before and after. Gun started life as a 2001 .40 loaded. Same GS did the initial work, I sold it, then bought it back years later and had PaulW tweak it up into a racer for the S FL Single Stack last year.

Edited by dirtypool40

Les Baer PII with Brazos f/s, EB ext. mag release, and S&A magwell.

Nice gun Bill. You've got two in this thread you really did leave the team didn't you? :)

Here's my only SS. I may shoot it some this year. I need to put a magwell and sights on it.

IMG_2578pb.jpg

Good to hear from you. Like your Springer. I had to get rid of the Para (on consignment) so I could get the LB, and still remain married <_<

I shot the Baer this past weekend w/o a magwell and couldn't hit a reload to save my life. Of course the magwell was in the mailbox when I got home from the match :rolleyes:

• 4 weeks later...

I'd love to post more pics, but this was just the 'teaser photo' that Derek sent me. Its off getting blued right now, and I probably won't get my grubby hands on it for a few weeks. As soon as I get it, though, I'll take some more pics.

My not quite done Dan Wesson PM7. Have got to get my replacement up to snuff before I can send it off.

DW001.jpg

DW002.jpg

Already looks different from those sets of pics with the addition of an S&A magwell.

Here's what she looked like when I first brought her home unmolested.

PM7002.jpg

PM7003.jpg

PM7001-1.jpg

Edited by Aristotle