Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Single Stack Photo Thread

dirtypool40

This gun (a blatant rip-off of Jim Wall's gun) has placed well at a couple of steel challenge style matches and won 1st master and 2nd overall

at the 2002 Montana SS Classic.

post-2671-1200006429.jpg

Don't let the outside fool you, it runs a BarSto barrel ( a junker take-off that is overramped), a Ti firing pin and a lanyard loop for pain compliance

when botching a reload.

Now that the Mystery Mtn. 3 Gun MANDATES the use of a SS 1911 I have dusted the old war horse off again.

Patrick

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This gun (a blatant rip-off of Jim Wall's gun) has placed well at a couple of steel challenge style matches and won 1st master and 2nd overall

at the 2002 Montana SS Classic.

post-2671-1200006429.jpg

Don't let the outside fool you, it runs a BarSto barrel ( a junker take-off that is overramped), a Ti firing pin and a lanyard loop for pain compliance

when botching a reload.

Now that the Mystery Mtn. 3 Gun MANDATES the use of a SS 1911 I have dusted the old war horse off again.

Patrick

Do you prefer it with no sights?

No, I wouldn't say I prefer not having sights, excpet for when I forget to use them. A least then I would HAVE

an excuse!

Actually it goes back to my good friend Jim Wall and a story about a "Fire Branded" Norinco 1911 he campainged

for a number of years at MAJOR matches. I envied his ability with his sightless pistol so I picked up the one in the

photo to "be like Jim". I can't say it worked but I did learn some things along the way.

Patrick

I started life as a sister of the single stack. The first gun I ever bought was a Colt Combat Government model. Here's the only pic I could find in it's original state.

post-4300-1200073513.jpg

Sorry for the blur, it's the best I could do with my scanner. You can't see it but the gunsmith I took it to for a trigger job, said the old one was toast and so he put a gold trigger on it to match the colt emblem on the grips. I caught lots of grief over my pimp trigger. But at the time, I was too broke to do anything about it.

Not long after I started shooting it in competition, another gunsmith (written up in the gun mags for his work) met me at a match and offered to "trick it out." I turned over my beloved gun to him and when I got it back it was very good looking. But suddenly, it started doing speed unloads - in other words, the mag would drop out of the gun randomly even if you were shooting strong hand only with nothing near the mag button. The cost of the work? He kept my pony grips! :angry: And left the gold trigger! :angry: :angry: By then I had moved on to another gun and the poor thing sat neglected in my safe for years. Recently, I asked my current gunsmith to fix the mag puke issue and replace that X$&!)$@! gold trigger. He also did a few other little clean ups. Yeah, she's much happier now! Thanks Mr. Caylor!

post-4300-1200074161.jpgpost-4300-1200074179.jpg

Edited by carinab

Not certain on the magwell....It's a two piece so I want to say Les Baer or maybe Ed Brown? I was trying to check on the Les Baer website but it's down at the moment. Maybe someone else can identify it? post-4300-1200081407.jpg

As for the sights, I actually know what those are! They are Millett with an all black stake on front sight.

Not certain on the magwell....It's a two piece so I want to say Les Baer or maybe Ed Brown? I was trying to check on the Les Baer website but it's down at the moment. Maybe someone else can identify it? post-4300-1200081407.jpg

As for the sights, I actually know what those are! They are Millett with an all black stake on front sight.

Thanks Carina

I intially thought the magwell was an Ed Brown. I thought he used to have a weld on magwell but his website no longer shows one. EGW does show a weld on magwell.

Alan

I intially thought the magwell was an Ed Brown. I thought he used to have a weld on magwell but his website no longer shows one. EGW does show a weld on magwell.

Alan

Ha, I just went and checked my receipt (uh, yeah I am that anal that all my firearms receipts are scanned in and backed up for insurance purposes) and it is a Ed Brown magwell. The hammer is Ed Brown as well.

• 2 weeks later...

post-9181-1201188347.jpg

A local friend and shooter built this . I can't tell you to much about it, what I do know is......

Caspian mag well frame and all internal parts.

The slide was a Sig proto type for there new 1911 style pistol.

I havn't shot it yet.

The trigger breaks at 3 1/2 ibs.

Has Novak night sights.

Has some sort of Hogue palm swell grips and arched mainspring.

Using my trigger pull gage it weighs right at the 43 oz mark.

41mag

post-9181-1201188872.jpg

post-9181-1201188917.jpg

post-9181-1201188977.jpg

Dang, that's a big fiber optic sight. What size is that?

I gotta get me one of these...(Will Smith in Independence Day)

post-6767-1170003646.jpgKimber Frame, Slide and Barrel

Fiberoptic Front Sight,

Full length guide rod,

S&A Extended Ambidexterious mag release

Ed BrownExtended Ambidexterious Safety Lever

Beavertail grip Safety

Skeletonized Low Mass Match Hammer

Vidicki Adj. Match Trigger, 3 lb., Polished Bow

STI Titanium Firing Pin and HD spring

S&A Mag well,Blended & Polished SS 20 LPI Checkered Main Spring Housing

STI Titanium Hammer Strut, Polished

STI Titanium Mainspring Cap, Polished

Infinity Tri-Glide Disconector, Polished

EGW Bolt on plunger tube

Desert tan and Black Duracoat finish

IMSI 19 lb. SS Mainspring

HD SS Tuned and Polished Extractor

Simonich Gunner Desert tan G-10 grips

• 4 weeks later...
That is way too pretty for a carry gun!

I want to carry it but I can't bring myself to do it yet. I have thought about throwing it in the safe and making it a safe queen and giving it to my son someday but.......................dang it's a great gun to carry.

I want to carry it but I can't bring myself to do it yet. I have thought about throwing it in the safe and making it a safe queen and giving it to my son someday but.......................dang it's a great gun to carry.

If that was my pistol, I'd shoot WOLF ammo in it and keep under the seat of my car wrapped in an old towel.

If that was my pistol, I'd shoot WOLF ammo in it and keep under the seat of my car wrapped in an old towel.

And scrape the frost off of your windshield with it.

And scrape the frost off of your windshield with it.

Nah, I wouldn't want to scratch it!