Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Single Stack Photo Thread

dirtypool40

just aquired from a fellow enos member. it came with a single sided safety and plain curved trigger so I just installed an SVI flat trigger and ambi wide safeties. next comes a new front sight. hard to see in the picture but the top and the rear of the slide are stippled, looks cool in person.

Cool grips!! Any idea where they are from?

on the backside of the grips is etched "wicked grips 2008". according to a woodworking friend the wood is pretty expensive.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is a new Single Stack in .40 that I had John Larsen from JPL Precision build for me. Stainless frame, carbon steel slide, KKM barrel with the ramp angle recut so it will handle any length ammo from .40 or 10MM mags. SV trigger, Ed Brown safetys. Shot my first match in Single Stack today, feels funny to reload so much but it was lots of fun.

Doug

post-8887-1233551040_thumb.jpgpost-8887-1233551055_thumb.jpg

My dad passed away a few years ago, this used to be his Bomar sighted open gun, I had the barrel cut and recrowned and had the F.O sight put on it. Shoots like a dream, and fit & finish is perfect with a very nice trigger pull. Was initially built in the early 90's by Irvine Competition Enterprises (I.C.E) in Ontario, Canada. I know the old fellow would like to know I was using the gun, so what better way for me to try Standard division and keep his memory alive. I love it :D

post-1046-1233698861_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Rembrandt, who made the top one?

It was a Peter Stahl design (West Germany), imported by Springfield Armory as the Omega. Most Omega's were 10mm single barrel versions, however they did offer a multi-caliber set, SA only produced 15 of the multi-caliber units. I ordered this one nearly 20 years ago.

Edited by Rembrandt

It was a Peter Stahl design (West Germany), imported by Springfield Armory as the Omega. Most Omega's were 10mm single barrel versions, however they did offer a multi-caliber set, SA only produced 15 of the multi-caliber units. I ordered this one nearly 20 years ago.

How do they get it to work with only one breech face and 3 different sized rims?

How do they get it to work with only one breech face and 3 different sized rims?

Looks like that square barrel hood and external extractor may negate the breechface issue. It's been seriously re-engineered. Not much 1911 left.

I didn't know they were still around until Paul sent me this link http://www.hermannsguns.com/Pistols/PeterS...PeterStahl.html

• 3 weeks later...

My new carry gun, my first 1911, my first .45.

Kimber Ultra CDP II:

DSCF1582a.jpg

Added a short trigger because my hands aren't all that big.

It's also the gun I've shot in the two USPSA matches I've entered. SS division.

My new carry gun, my first 1911, my first .45.

Kimber Ultra CDP II:

DSCF1582a.jpg

Added a short trigger because my hands aren't all that big.

It's also the gun I've shot in the two USPSA matches I've entered. SS division.

Love the CDP Compact. I just recently picked one up for carry as well. Not the best competition gun though because of the short sight radius but a great gun nontheless...

Pete

Not the best competition gun. . . .

I agree. But it's the gun I've been wanting for carry. And my justification for getting into competition was to get better with my carry gun.

Will I eventually get a bigger, heavier gun with a fat mag well that's mostly for competition? Probably.

But for now, I'm pretty happy shooting my new toy. B)

Not the best competition gun. . . .

I agree. But it's the gun I've been wanting for carry. And my justification for getting into competition was to get better with my carry gun.

Will I eventually get a bigger, heavier gun with a fat mag well that's mostly for competition? Probably.

But for now, I'm pretty happy shooting my new toy. B)

I applaud you for actually shooting the gun you are carrying... Too many people buy a carry gun and never shoot it. You will learn more about that gun by competing with it than anything else. Like I said I LOVE the CDP Compact. I live in Massachusetts and we can't buy them here. Took me 8 years to get one but I finally got it. :cheers: