dirtypool40

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

DSC01023.jpg

Black Stainless loaded my main CDP blaster

SS loaded .40 my main SS blaster

I'm finishing up a SS loaded 9mm that will look just like the .40 above but with boamars...might even shoot it at the PRO-AM if I get it done in time.

The three in my avitar are a

Springfield Custom Trophy Match in .45 ACP

A Springfield Loaded in 9 mm customized to match it's big brother above

Springfield Alloy frame Ultra-compact in 9 mm

My all time favorite Single Stack is my Colt officer's Enhanced ACP model. Here's the work that has been done on it.

Wilson Combat

Reverse Recoil Plug System With Full Length Guide Rod

Reliability Tune

New Hammer, Springs, and Sear

Milled in Wilson Combat Multi-color Night Sights

High Polished Extended Thumb Safety

High Polished Beavertail Grip Safety

High Polished Magazine Well

Marianne Carniack

Total Trigger Rebuilt Using Original Colt Trigger (3.5 # pull)

Replace and Tune Firing Pin Safety

Hand Checker Front Strap and Mainspring Housing 25 lpi

Other

Custom Grips from Ajax

Slightly Extended High Polished Magazine Release from Ed Brown

Slide Guard Holster and Magazine Carrier from High Noon

Edited by MichiganShootist

So... I needed a new single stack for this years SS Nationals so I gave the guys at the Springfield Custom Shop a call to see what they could do for me. And look what showed up today, an UNFIT OVERSIZED frame & slide for my new blaster.

Dang, I like knowing the right people

Defiantly will have to put together another 40 single stack. I built one in 1989 before ramped barrels were available for the 40 and no powder companies had loading data. I had to develop my own loads.

After blowing out way to many cases in my face (and still have the scars to prove it) trying to make a major load I gave it up.

Matt, will Springfield sell this set-up to any FFL? Or do you have to be SPECIAL…… B)

Edited by sahauptman

• 2 weeks later...

Thought I'd post a couple here too. My new Matt Cheely built 1911 in 45acp.

Caspian Frame/Slide, rear of slide serrations (Thanks Matt), Kart barrel, EGW fire control, Ed Brown beavertail, S&A magwell and a beautiful bluing job . Matt got it to weigh in at 40 oz. so I can use it in IDPA CDP too.

Edited by baerburtchell

This is my favorite Government sized SS. It's a Kimber Custom Target model. I bought it from a young man who had tried to lighten the trigger and the grip safety wouldn't work and the half cock notch was missing. Pull the hammer back and let it go--- and it dropped with ease.

So after months of not finding a buyer... he let me steal it from him for $400. I replaced all the internals with match stuff from Wilson Combat including a new light weight hammer and beaver-tail. I added the Dawson FO front sight and then shot the crap out of it in IDPA for a couple years.

Thanks to the kydex holster.....the finish was totally worn off the slide so I gave it a make over. I added... new super wide thumb safety, new mag release, new snake skin mainspring housing from Ed Brown, new Bow-Mars and a new mag well... then I had the finish stripped and the slide and other externals done in hard chrome and the frame done in a black epoxy. I added a set of fresh springs and a trigger job by CSEMARTIN.

It's a eye catcher that shoots like a rifle.

Good looking blaster Paul. Hopefully someday I can have Matt build a similar one for me.

Thanks Ross,

Let me tell you, it was a true pleasure having Matt build this pistol. Matt spent considerable time communicating with me prior and during the build. Start to finish in less than 6 weeks too! I do not think you can go wrong having Matt Cheely build you a pistol.

Paul, that is one sweet looking blaster. :cheers: I can't wait until I get to watch you have fun with it. HOA is just over the horizon with that new toy.

By the way... I want to shoot it PLEASE!!!

Bill

Thanks for the kind words Bill & you are always more than welcome to shoot the rascal :cheers:

Heres a wacky one.

I just aquired this Colt 1911 MkIV Series 70 from a generous Uncle.

He said it was a Pin Gun, but didnt have the history.

Its got a Bomar extended sight rib and target sights with a 9"+ sight radius. Kart barrel, really tight action.

Heavy, heavy, spring. (for hot heavy pin loads?)

I guess I'd better go find some bowling pins;-)

None of my 1911's will qualify me for the single stack snob society, but this one was odd enough to post here.

post-12528-1232405613_thumb.jpg

just aquired from a fellow enos member. it came with a single sided safety and plain curved trigger so I just installed an SVI flat trigger and ambi wide safeties. next comes a new front sight. hard to see in the picture but the top and the rear of the slide are stippled, looks cool in person.

post-11093-1233360297_thumb.jpg

just aquired from a fellow enos member. it came with a single sided safety and plain curved trigger so I just installed an SVI flat trigger and ambi wide safeties. next comes a new front sight. hard to see in the picture but the top and the rear of the slide are stippled, looks cool in person.

Cool grips!! Any idea where they are from?