Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

27 minutes of banging and finally got through :)

Started at 12:00 and got 88 down the list 27 minutes later woohoo!!!

Glad you got through! Looks to me like this match is going to be filled pretty quickly. Glad I stayed up.

I filled out my form and submitted it about 20 seconds after midnight, got a "page cannot displayed", re did it and got through, I'm #25 for Open/L10

The server really got hammered tonight - I've never seen anything like it. The system was lightly loaded and responding quickly at 12:00, and ground to a screeching halt at 12:00.

A few transactions were processed by the credit card service, but not entered into the USPSA waitlist database. I have just completed a manual transfer of those waitlist registrations into the USPSA database, and modified the sequence code so that it used the "transaction number" rather than database insert time to determine the order. So, if you didn't see your waitlist status on your classification record immediately after submission, please check again.

I regret the problems, however, I can assure everyone that I recovered ever single bit of data that was there to recover and that every single wait list submission was treated without any favoritism or special favors.

I hope it is at least 81. I stayed at work to use a high speen system and had to call my friend to help me out after he got through, but we both got on. Rob must have worked hard to make this thing fly. Thanks.

I hope it is at least 81. I stayed at work to use a high speen system and had to call my friend to help me out after he got through, but we both got on. Rob must have worked hard to make this thing fly. Thanks.

I'm down to #3 from 10. :rolleyes:

I had my form submitted within the first minute.

Unfortunately, I couldn't get back in to check my status last night because the web site was bogged down.

A check first thing this morning show me at #31 on the Limited list.

We'll see how it goes, but I'm feeling pretty good about my chances.

Tls

Edited by tlshores

A bit of info on what happened last night -

A waiting list request starts on the USPSA server, moves to a credit card server and moves info about the transaction back to the USPSA system. This is done for security - we do not handle credit card numbers on the USPSA server. When the USPSA server became non-responsive, some transactions did not make the round trip back to USPSA.ORG and into our database. Fortunately, a record of the transaction was created in our account at the credit card clearing house.

I have recovered from this manually, inserted missing transactions into the USPSA database, and taken the necessary steps to make sure nobody is double-billed. It was somewhat inconvient, but the waiting list is intact. My apologies to those of you who had difficulty signing up. I don't have the details worked out yet, but we will find a way to avoid this problem next year.

As a result of this "manual recovery" you may have seen your spot in the list shift. If you moved down a place to two it was not because someone got a favor, but a result of the manual restoration of the transactions not transmitted to us by the credit card system.

There were absolutely no favors, special treatments, or manual adjustments to the order not justified by transactions in the credit card processing system.

I am most grateful to two friends in particular who have places in the waiting list that are in the 70's due to the slow response time issue for not asking me to handle them outside of the process.

I am grateful for everyone's understanding, and the complete lack of whining and petty complaints. My thanks to all of you.

Thanks for all your work Rob; I know it took a massive effort on your part to make it work and for that I'm grateful.

A bit of info on what happened last night -

A waiting list request starts on the USPSA server, moves to a credit card server and moves info about the transaction back to the USPSA system. This is done for security - we do not handle credit card numbers on the USPSA server. When the USPSA server became non-responsive, some transactions did not make the round trip back to USPSA.ORG and into our database. Fortunately, a record of the transaction was created in our account at the credit card clearing house.

I have recovered from this manually, inserted missing transactions into the USPSA database, and taken the necessary steps to make sure nobody is double-billed. It was somewhat inconvient, but the waiting list is intact. My apologies to those of you who had difficulty signing up. I don't have the details worked out yet, but we will find a way to avoid this problem next year.

As a result of this "manual recovery" you may have seen your spot in the list shift. If you moved down a place to two it was not because someone got a favor, but a result of the manual restoration of the transactions not transmitted to us by the credit card system.

There were absolutely no favors, special treatments, or manual adjustments to the order not justified by transactions in the credit card processing system.

I am most grateful to two friends in particular who have places in the waiting list that are in the 70's due to the slow response time issue for not asking me to handle them outside of the process.

Cool.

These things happen.

Just to clarify, then.

If I clicked send at 12:00:01 and it didnt make it thru the CC, then started over and did succeed 20 min later...

You are going to be able to see that and adust UPWARDS accordingly, as well as moving others downward?

Edited by BBunin