Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2007 Area 6 Championship

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you ... thank you. I had a great weekend. I love this match. It's quickly becoming one of my favorite matches, since I placed this year in open, and last year in production. I don't know if it's the staff or the stages, or the location, but it really is a fun yet challenging match.

Many thanks to the RO's / CRO's as well as the staff who worked all weekend so we could come down and have a great time. The weather was much better than last year too. Down-right humid without actually raining. :)

It was nice to see so many people I already knew, and to make some new friends. Congrats to all the winners.

:D WHATTA MATCH!! :D

Thank you to the organizers for a great weekend of shooting fun with my sons and my friends! My hat's off to the stage designers and all the RO's!

It was great to see old friends, make new ones and get to meet so many BEers. My squad was more like a family than anything else. My two boys and I shot with our friends Jack Suber and his son John, IMA45DV8, Singlestack and Mrs. Singlestack, Sandra "Wooohooo!" Orvig and Lee King. Stu and Chuck it was great to meet you!

Congrat to all the winners, but special kudos to my friend and sponsor Kenny Dickerson for his HOA finish in L-10!! Way to go KD!! ( B-class? yeah, right... <_< )

Always great to see Micah (one of our new moderators! ), there's no way to feel bad talking to the guy! Also, good to meet Chris Keen and BSeevers.

Lefty45, one of these days mi amigo... one of these days. Good match, man. I'll see you at nats and I'll surely be tougher competition for you then, but please stay away from Cliff. Cliff shot a solid 85% of Jerry and outside the match, well, he was his old self. Seriously it's always fun to be around the guy, until cops start showing up... :lol: About the photos, you know how it goes... Payback's a mofo...

All in all, great weekend! Next year we need to have a revolver gathering there!

Great match! My hats off to everyone who made it happen. Weather was great and so were the stages. Thanks to all my squadmates for helping me out on stage planning. I shot on a great squad (I think 10 of us took home plaques) and just had a blast. Thanks again, Gary Byerly.

Well, another one is in the bag! Thanks to everyone that shot this match. This is one of the things that I enjoy doing the most and don't mind not shooting. I want to thank all of the match sponsors. I want to thank all of the ROs, CROs and Support Staff, especially all of you that helped get this match set up. It takes a lot of hard working people to put on this match and continue to give you a quality match! I wish I could name everyone, but you know who you are!

Hats off to Larry Turner for the course design. He let me sneak in a couple of stages on him, and one from Randy Manning with a few "Larry" mods, but he does a terrific job with this and with the courses he designs for South River Monthly and the Tuesday night weekly. I don't know how you do it, but I'm sure glad you do! And thanks for loaning us Leigh during registration. I don't know how we would have been without her and Marcia Clift, another very hard working lady! Thanks also to Pam Rhea for bringing her own transportation and picking up the score sheets.

Thanks also to Rosie Rosel for answering all those 'Hey Rosie' calls again! Barb Sumrall was there to help him with the RM duties, but she felt like the Maytag repair man because everyone was used to calling Rosie. Thanks to Barb for bringing her Police Explorers. They are always a big help with the match.

Thanks to Area 6 Director Charles Bond for doing a lot of the 'gofer' work that I needed while I was doing other things. Charles didn't shoot the match this year so that he could help out since my 'right hand' lady was away with a family emergency. Thanks also to Debi Davis for helping with those chores too!

Last but not least, thanks to Bill Noyes, Ed Chatlos, and Dave Tripp for Stats. It takes a lot of keystrokes to enter all those scoresheet!

Best Regards to everyone,

Cindy Noyes

2007 Area 6 Match Director

Edited by GAPEACH

Linda Chico for prez......

How about Cindy Noyes for USPSA-certified Tournament Director, based on pre-existing experience of having put together and directed THREE of these now!

Edited by wgnoyes

Area 6 this year was a treat for me. I worked this match the last 3 years, and was pretty involved in the last 2. This year I decided to be a lazy slug. After I RO'd the ROs on Friday, I wandered around like a proper tourist on Saturday and Sunday, spending money, seeing old friends and making new ones, watching shooters and shooting a few stages. I was fortunate enough to land on a squad that (like Nemo said) was more like a family get-together. Watching the youngun's shoot was a hoot! The Colon boys, and Jack Suber's son John were inspiring (as were their Fathers' interactions with them). These folks along with Singlestack, Chuck, Stu, Alex, Sandra, Danny kept a smile on my face all weekend. I know there were a lot of folks who shot better than I did this weekend, but you'd be hard pressed to find anyone who had more fun!

My warmest thanks to everyone who worked so hard to put together this event. For me, it wasn't so much a shooting match as a shooting holiday (not that it helped my performance any :D ). The CROs/ROs and other staff pulled off another winner. I continue to be in awe of Cindy Noyes' organizational and leadership skills.

I'm already thinking of a stage for next year with three Texas Stars and an ocean of steel....

I'm already thinking of a stage for next year with three Texas Stars and an ocean of steel....

Thanks for the heads up, Marko. That should give me enough time to learn how to shoot steel... <_< Can you tell steel ate my lunch throughout the weekend? :(

It was grand!

This one is going down in my book as a "personal favorite" Area match, and I've shot a few. Just the overall experience of it (barring a slight problem I had on stage 1...) was great! Seeing all of my friends again, shooting with a good squad (Thanks for being patient while I got my problem worked out!), good stages and match staff, and how about that weather!

A special thanks to Joe and Bob from TechWear for their dedication to excellence especially relating to Customer Service! Those shirts keep us cool and looking good, and for some of us that aint easy!

The whole drive down-shoot-drive back thing was a bit taxing, but it was well worth it. Only my 3rd major, ever in Open and I'm still learning a lot. My only complaint is that I had to go to bed last night before the final results got posted...man it's hard to be patient sometimes.

Congrats to all the winners and thanks to all the staff for their hard work and dedication to the sport. See you next time.

This was an amazing match and I'm so fortunate to have gone. Thank you Cindy for helping me get everything in on time and answering my questions. You are a fantastic Match Director and the proof was to be seen everywhere this past weekend!!!

I agree with Todd. This was the best, and my favorite, Area match that I've shot so far. EVERYONE was awesome! Thank you to everyone who worked so hard to make it happen. The ROs were spectacular... extremely fair and friendly... a GREAT combination! The schedule ran so smooth and the squads were the perfect size. The stages were creative shooting challenges that made the shooter think but still allowed for freestyle. Very well balanced shooting tests and nothing hokey.

Here's my tribute: Area 6 Championship

Thank you, again, for putting on such a great event!!!

Here you go, Leo.

2007 Area 6 Championship

South River Gun Club

5/6/2007

Division Name USPSA Competitors

Limited Travis Tomasie L1973 127

Limited_10 Kenny Dickerson TY44332 41

Open Max J. Michel Jr. A26022 87

Production Matthew Mink L2627 67

Revolver Jerry Miculek Jr. FY15336 6

Single Stack Gary Stevens L2133 6

Total: 334

This was an amazing match and I'm so fortunate to have gone. Thank you Cindy for helping me get everything in on time and answering my questions. You are a fantastic Match Director and the proof was to be seen everywhere this past weekend!!!

I agree with Todd. This was the best, and my favorite, Area match that I've shot so far. EVERYONE was awesome! Thank you to everyone who worked so hard to make it happen. The ROs were spectacular... extremely fair and friendly... a GREAT combination! The schedule ran so smooth and the squads were the perfect size. The stages were creative shooting challenges that made the shooter think but still allowed for freestyle. Very well balanced shooting tests and nothing hokey.

Here's my tribute: Area 6 Championship

Thank you, again, for putting on such a great event!!!

Sharyn,

Thanks for your tribute to A-6. I was sick and not able to attend the match. After hearing my buddies describe the match and then seeing your video . It all came together pretty clear me. Nice job on the camera.

Mark

Squad 25 was a heck of a lot of fun. It was good to finally shoot with IMA45DV8, Singlestack, and Debbie. Good to meret everyone else.

The vids that Sharyn and Julie posted were great. Wonder if anyone got a vid of Mark nearly taking down the wall on stage 4. I am surprised it stayed up after that impact.

To my squadmates - thanks for the patience with the younger guys. Y'all were great. I really appreciate the encouragement and compliments y'all gave the boys. John is already talking about Georgia. I told him to finish school first.

Anyway, it was fun. Take care.

Jack

(165 - I really don't like living on the edge......)

Squad 25 was a heck of a lot of fun. It was good to finally shoot with IMA45DV8, Singlestack, and Debbie. Good to meret everyone else.

The vids that Sharyn and Julie posted were great. Wonder if anyone got a vid of Mark nearly taking down the wall on stage 4. I am surprised it stayed up after that impact.

To my squadmates - thanks for the patience with the younger guys. Y'all were great. I really appreciate the encouragement and compliments y'all gave the boys. John is already talking about Georgia. I told him to finish school first.

Anyway, it was fun. Take care.

Jack

(165 - I really don't like living on the edge......)

It's easy to have patience when you are dealing with such well mannered young adults! :D Watching the dad/son interation you both have with your sons is something to be admired. Not to mention, it's amazing watching them grow/mature in this sport!

To my old friends and new friends, I look forward to seeing you all again soon! We had a great squad, great weather, and great fun. What more can a girl ask for?!! :wub: BTW: Mark, after watching you on Stage 4, I now understand why your home range makes things "Mark Proof!" Much love and straight shooting to everyone.

BTW - who won the gun in the drawing?

Frank Thompson won the Junior Raffle gun. A very big thanks to Derek Janowicz of Millennium Custom for donating that gun as Co-Match Sponsor. That was a beautiful gun and people were still talking about it last night at dinner. We collected enough money to pay for one Junior's Camp fee outright and most of another for a second Junior. We are using proceeds from the sidematch to make up the rest, so thanks to your generosity, two juniors will be going to camp this year courtesy of the shooters at the Area 6!

The sidematch gun was won by Dan Pickering and the Chrono was won by Gene Wilkerson in that drawing. We gave away two more guns at the awards ceremony plus some other prizes, so if your name was drawn, yours will be in the mail soon. The guns given away at the award ceremony were won by Juan Nebel and Bob Novak of Techwear USA and Bob has generously donated the gun back to the Area 6 for next year. Thanks Bob!

Cindy

Congrats to all of the winners out there. It was great to finally put faces to some of the names from here. A pleasure to mmet all of you that strolled through stage 3!

I think that was super cool for Bob to donate the gun back to Area 6.

Cindy, who are the luck Juniors going to camp? Or has that been decided yet?

See ya'll next year, where ever it may be held.

Michael

I'll add my thanks and kudos to all as well. I had a great time. Glockspeed and I were on the same squad again this year and once again did our best to lower the curve for the rest of you. ;)

The stages were great, the ROs friendly yet professional and the competitors were awesome. Even the weather was perfect. I'll definitely be back again next year.

Thanks Cindy, Bill and crew! You folks are terrific. :wub:

It looks like everyone had as much fun as I did. Although I'm not sure my knees will ever be the same again. I ROed stage 7 Friday and ran every shooter. I had just pulled something in my left leg when the AMU showed up :o . That was amazing. (No not the AMU but, the fact that I could keep up with them ;) ). To see them run and gun like that was great. Or shall I say, to see them gun and run was great, because they where the last squad. :) I could hardly move Saturday & Sunday but, it was such a great match I never really felt the pain untill I got home.

Anyone have any good cheese I can get? I hear cheese goes real good with whine and Begay for RO's. <_<

I did notice something that I wanted to share with everyone (As if most of you don't already know). Among all the shooters, great RO's, and great staff, their was one person that stood out to me. A real Champion among Champions. The Only World Class Shooter that I see time after time working the matches, setting up the matches, tearing down stages, taking the time to help other shooters, buying all of the RO's lunch at one match, with his lovely wife by his side. Dave Sevigny, you da man. Dave, it's a real honor to be in a sport with Champions like you.

Still Praying was 2nd B I think also.

Thanks Chris

Ronnie