Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Couple of good looks at it in the episode. Looked like a Tribrid comped gun, but no optic. Can't recall if I saw irons on it or not. Satin chrome w/ the plated barrel. Nice looking piece.... Makes a mess, though... ;)

I just saw it. Regular comp with Hybrid holes. I saw a Gold AET barrel through the ejection port. The dust cover had a single cross slot for a light which was strange?

The infinity engraving looked like it was on the dust cover or low on the slide and looked weird. I immediatly thought it might be an airsoft gun?

Would make sense since it would be easier to deal with than a real gun as far as being a prop gun.

Also, doesn't Taran butler (SV sponsored) have dealings with the movie/TV industry? Might be a coincidence?

Neal in AZ

I think it's on the very front of the compensator.

Alright that's old school like my old .45 wilson.

Remember when the "trick" of the year was to move your front sight from the front of the slide to the front of the comp? Pistolsmithing used to be so lucrative. :ph34r:

Thanks Chris for posting the pictures for those of us that missed it.

The official word is that it is a real Infinity IMM Open gun and not an airsoft replica or something else. Glad to see Hollywood show off our toys occasionally.

Edited by L9X25

Thanks Chris for posting the pictures for those of us that missed it.

The official word is that it is a real Infinity IMM Open gun and not an airsoft replica or something else. Glad to see Hollywood show off our toys occasionally.

The reason I thought Airsoft was because of the Infinity engraving on the dustcover?

I have never seen that, what model do they put that on?

Neal in AZ

The reason I thought Airsoft was because of the Infinity engraving on the dustcover?

I have never seen that, what model do they put that on?

Neal in AZ

Neal,

Like you, I though it might be an airsoft due to the unusual display of the Infinity lettering. I have never seen it displayed like that before. This led me to ask someone intimate with these guns to get the answer.

While the majority of Infinity guns are semi-custom, this was not a true production gun in that sense. I believe that this gun was specifically built to be "Tubbs's" gun in the recent Miami Vice movie. Since I did not see the movie, I am not sure if it made an appearance in the movie or ended up on the cutting room floor. It is also possible that it was used but was not clearly identifiable.

Leo