Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What Bullet Do You Reload?

dajarrel

Bear creeks for everything except my 38 super. I've used Armscors and Zero's. It all comes down to which I can get cheaper. I only wish someone made a heavier round nosed or pointed round nosed moly coated bullet than 140's in 40 cal. I think a longer somewhat pointed 180 would be awesome in a 610.

Vince

The Hornady HAP´s in 121 and 125 grains are great bullets for 9mm or .38SA!

Although I don´t understand why Hornady manufactures one bullet style in two different (or not so different) weights. 121 grs and 125 grs is no big difference! So why do they do that?

Montana Gold or Zero´s are not available in Europe so I have to take the HAP´s.

This has been great as an overall indicator of what folks are using. I may do it again in the furture and maybe ask the same question for "all non-open" shooters. Open shooters are going to be limited to a jacketed round where the limited/10/prod/SS/revo crowd can use other than jacketed if they choose.

Thanks for the input.

dj

I like JHPs so I have basically standardized on Zero bullets. I like the fact that the base is enclosed resulting in less smoke and less contact with the lead.

They are reasonably priced compared to the competition as well.

i really load them all, im not loyal to anything except what i can get the best deal at the time

i really like black bullets in the 40, and 45.

for the 9mm and super..precision deltas, zeros, montana golds...rem-winchester....berrys hornady..they all work for me.

for just fun shooting, plain lead in the 45 is hard to beat..

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

I exhausted my supply of moly-coated bullets a few months ago and decided it was time for a change... bought 10K Precision Deltas and I like them a lot. Paid $74/k and feel that is a good deal. Will probably stick with 'em as long as the price stays reasonable.

I was using Zero, Now using MG.

We generally make a very large buy twice a year. I have had some problems with the MGs Seems the profile is a little different than the Zeros. I had my gun rebarreled and switched heads at the same time. THe Zeros worked, the MGs hung up, tried many differnt cures, including recontouring the feel ramp. that has seemed to work.

Jim

I voted Rainier for me, and will likely use their 165s for my wife. Right now I'm loading Precision Deltas for my wife.

You might want to add the words "to shoot".

I had to read that twice to get your meaning :P

I will clarify to say that these bullets are for my wife to shoot ;)

Although I do need to report that we're back to Precision Delta 180s for her minor loads because they feel softer. I've also got 2K Berrys 180 FP for her to try next. I've switched to Berrys 180 HPs recently due to price and availablilty from my regular e-bay supplier. I see no difference between them and the Rainier HPs I've been using. Precision Delta is always the fallback bullet, but I don't care for the additional smoke and will use them for practice only if I have a choice.

Shooting revolver, a round nose bullet is mandatory for smooth reloads.

Ranier is about the only source of a non-exposed lead RN bullet that's heavy enough [158 gr] to make major in 38 Spl cases, shot from a 357 Mag revo.

I'd love to get a moly-coated RN in that weight, but nobody I can find makes them.

I'll also shoot cast RN lead for practice, and when I've time to clean the gun up frequently after shooting. I.e., not for major matches. The plated bullets leave the bore and rifling nice and clean, but cost about 50% more.

Edited by professor