Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

R.I.P. Swede20 (Dave Erickson)

Dump1567

For those that knew Big Dave Erickson:

I am deeply saddened to report the loss of a Department family member. Deputy David Erickson unexpectedly passed away at his home Saturday morning, October 21, 2006, as a result of what is believed to be medical complications from a recent back surgery. He was a ten-year veteran of the Orange County, CA Sheriffs' Department, assigned to patrol duties.

I don't think he had competed much recently, but I know several in the shooting community knew him.

Big guy who made GM shooting a Glock 20 out of a Safariland Raptor duty holster.

.Dave-Swede20-from-Glocktalk.jpg

That's him in the top right video clearing the plate rack.

http://www.ssashooter.net/

He will be missed. :(

R.I.P

Mod, please feel free to move this to an appropriate forum.

Edited by Dump1567

Forwarded from an email from Dennis Tom.

Hello Everyone, Yes, I know. It's been a long, long time since there has been any news coming from TeamGE since our demise at West End. Just to let everyone know, TeamGE is alive and well! We are just taking a little time off to recover. Consider us on hiatus. Don't worry, we'll be back! Soon. I am utilizing the power of the mailing list to pass along some sad news that I learned of this evening. Our shooting circle has lost another fellow competitor this week. Beven received a call this evening from "Big Dave" Erickson's girlfriend informing him of Dave's passing earlier this week. The actual cause of death was not mentioned. She did say that Dave underwent some back surgery earlier and we (Beven and I) sumise that he may have had some complications. She said that she had returned home to find Dave unconscious and in distress. Unfortunately nothing could be done to help him. For many of you "old timers" you'll remember "Big Dave" and his quiet nature but large presence at the range and at matches. For you new shooters, he was one of the good guys. What that guy could do with a Glock was quite amazing. Talk about no recoil shooting a 10mm Glock 20! No one would have known that he was an Orange County Sheriff officer working in the jail and dealing with all of the idiots that find themselves wards of the County! For many of you who didn't know, he was slowed down by a back injury suffered in a scuffle in the jail. That's why he hasn't been seen around the range for some time. I recall seeing him "recently" after a long absence at the range shooting a match or two figuring that he was feeling better and was on a comeback trail. I guess he'll be shooting matches where there are no mikes, all hits are A's and his equipment runs flawlessly from now on. The best part is that he is the Overalll Match Winner each and every time. May God be with you, Dave! You will be missed. For anyone who is interested, funeral services for Dave will be held on Friday, the 27th of October @ 10:00 AM. Yorba Linda Friends Church, 5211 Lakeview Ave., Yorba Linda, CA 92886. The phone number for the church is 714-772-2875. Also, thanks, Jojo, for my using the Running Gun/Gen X along with the TeamGE mailing list to get this message out. My appologies for duplicate mailings. That's it for now. Regards, Dennis G. Tom TeamGE Founding Member #2