Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Dfw Shooters Get Some Media Attention

Sgtsvi

Last week we had Fox news out to the range doing a story on our club. You will see Carina, Mick, Ron, Rhonda (the girl), JR, and me. They did a good job giving our sport a positive spin. Notice how we got some free Infinity advertising thrown in also.

Check out the video

http://www.myfoxdfw.com/myfox/pages/Inside...mp;pageId=5.7.1

Very cool.

Dave, did they ask to come on their own or did you guys invite them?

One of my teamates lives near a Fox news reporter and their daughters attend the same school. He was telling the reporter about what we do and next thing JR knew, he was getting contacted to do the story. We had a good time putting the crew together. We wanted a good positive spin so we made sure that the ladies were well represented. I invited Ron so we could show the international aspect of the sport.

Thanks Carinab for helping us all out!

Uhm...Err...Well, naturally I'm greatful to be a girl! :D However, the true kudos belongs to Jim Roth who organized the shindig. Thank you Jim! Thank you to Rhonda too for helping get the word out.

Uhm...Err...Well, naturally I'm greatful to be a girl! :D However, the true kudos belongs to Jim Roth who organized the shindig. Thank you Jim! Thank you to Rhonda too for helping get the word out.

Aw, shucks. Weren't nuthin'...

The local sports guy is a neighbor, so on a whim, I sent him an email. He said he'd pass it on to Richard Ray, who does the "Lone Star Adventures" segment (and also a neighbor, it turns out). The whole thing was set up within the hour. We actually delayed filming because of range scheduling conflicts until the 26th. Rich and Brad (the camera-guy/editor) were just great. Rich is a pro-gun kinda guy, and Brad has been a photojournalist in 7 war zones. I had recommended an outline, and they actually did pretty much all I had asked. We got a broad cross-section of shooters, and that was very gratifying. Having the girls there really made it click, and I thought the editing of Carina's part was particularly cool, and a good depiction of what she was describing. Mick Nelson was indispensible, too - he really helped with some ideas (no no-shoots, for example) that kept the focus on the sport, not so much the guns. Having a couple of cops on video didn't hurt, either. ;)

We gave Rich and Brad a little trigger time, too. They really got a kick out of that.

My only regret was that we didn't get everyone that showed up to support us on film. Extra thanks to them for showing up to support our shooting sports. We're blessed with some extraordinary folks who selflessly donate their time and energy to our club, and we sure do appreciate them.

All in all, it was a hoot.

jr

We started to let Richard shoot my Open SV with a 2lb trigger and decided it would be safer with the Glock. We were all ready to dive for cover if needed. The camera operator was funny also. He was picking up some rifle brass when someone asked what he wanted it for, he said he likes to scatter it around on the grassy knoll at Dealey Plaza for people to find. The older and more corroded the better. :D

Last week we had Fox news out to the range doing a story on our club. You will see Carina, Mick, Ron, Rhonda (the girl), JR, and me. They did a good job giving our sport a positive spin. Notice how we got some free Infinity advertising thrown in also.

Check out the video

http://www.myfoxdfw.com/myfox/pages/Inside...mp;pageId=5.7.1

Subtle... very subtle. Great story. Always love to see positive reports on our sport.