Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2006 Idpa Nationals

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So what happened to the mag at the mag change. I could not see if it was dropped or retained or what...? :huh:

The run did not look so much fast as smooth....

He's at slidelock after six, so it had to be a download-to-six start, and the empty mag is no doubt in the dirt.

Couple more videos for you...

First up, Ernest Langdon shooting his M&P .40 and my video clips shooting my M&P 9mm. Clips are also posted on my images page.

For those who were posting about Donnie Burton... he is a very talented young shooter and I had the fortune of watching him shoot on my squad. He has excellent speed and uses his height to his advantage. (He has to be 8 feet tall, but that's from a vertically challenged view. ;)) This wasn't his best match but he is DEFINITELY one to watch in the future! He and his father are two of the nicest people out there.

Congratulations to all the winners. I had a great time shooting with my squadmates. We had fun despite the soupy conditions. Can't thank the SO's enough for all their hard work in such miserable conditions with the rain/mud and thanks to all the staff who made the match a success!

All the best,

Julie

So what happened to the mag at the mag change. I could not see if it was dropped or retained or what...? :huh:

The run did not look so much fast as smooth....

he's a jedi, they can make them disapear, or at least make the so think they disapear

From visually scanning the results here are some highlights. Sorry in advance if I made any mistakes.

Congrats to my buddy Gordon Carrell who rarely gets a mention online. Gordon has come in "2nd" SSP Master 4 years in a row (with Dave as DC) at IDPA Nats and this year is 4th overall (in front of Scott Warren and Ernest Langdon both previous IDPA Champions I might add). Gordon is also someone to watch!

Here are the top overall:

1) 1 (MA SSP) Dave Sevigny 185.24

2) 2 (MA SSP) Bob Vogel 191.47

3) 1 (MA ESP) Taran Butler 211.20

4) 3 (MA SSP) Gordon Carrell 213.26

5) 4 (MA SSP) Ernest Langdon 2 225. 31

6) 2 (MA ESP) Scott Warren 225.51

7) 5 (MA SSP) Eric Fuson 227.75

8) 3 (MA ESP) Donnie Burton 230.93

9) 4 (MA ESP) Aaron Roberts 231.50

10) 1 (MA CDP) Matthew Mink 232.68

Here are the top 5 overall in each division:

CDP:

1 (MA) Matthew Mink 232.68

2 (MA) Greg Martin 234.94

3 (MA) David Olhasso 235.27

4 (MA) Matt Sims 241.07 60

5 (MA) Glenn Shelby 247.12

ESP :

1 (MA) Taran Butler 211.20

2 (MA) Scott Warren 225.51

3 (MA) Donnie Burton 230.93

4 (MA) Aaron Roberts 231.50

5 (MA) Bobby Spradlin 239.70

SSP:

1 (MA) Dave Sevigny 185.24

2 (MA) Bob Vogel 191.47

3 (MA) Gordon Carrell 213.26

4 (MA) Ernest Langdon 2 225.31

5 (MA) Eric Fuson 227.75

ESR:

1) 1 (MA) Jerry Miculek 239.93

2) 2 (MA) Alex Zimmermann 285.37

3) 1 (EX) Gary Cuttitta 320.85

4) 1 (SS) Gerald Thompson 342.13

5) 2 (EX) Edgardo Catalan 343.16

SSR:

1) 1 (MA) Curt Nichols 287.75

2) 2 (MA) Craig Buckland 308.35

3) 3 (MA) Brent Stone 328.81

4) 1 (EX) Ron Witte 342.32

5) 2 (EX) Ron Bodle 346.05

Edited by vincent

Looks like I was wrong on the FTDR for illegal equipment thing.

From the current rulebook:

PC 1. Failure To Do Right (FTDR):

A. Adds twenty (20) seconds to total score.

B. Is assessed for any attempt to circumvent or compromise the spirit or rationale of any stage by the use of inappropriate devices, equipment or techniques.

C. Is assessed for unsportsmanlike conduct, unfair actions, or the use of illegal equipment, which, in the opinion of the MD, tends to make a travesty of the defensive shooting sport. This will result in an FTDR or DQ from the entire match at the discretion of the MD. Repeated offenses reported to the AC or HQ can result in having membership revoked.

D. Examples: (Non-inclusive list)

1. Firing extra rounds so that you may reload at a more convenient time.

2. Purposely committing a procedural error because your score will be better even with the penalty

3. Not reloading to fire one more round because your score will be better even with the miss.

So it does look like assessing an FTDR for illegal equipment is OK.

However just below we also have:

PC 2. Disqualification (DQ):

A. Results from unsportsmanlike conduct, unfair actions, or the use of illegal equipment, which, in the opinion of the MD, tends to make a travesty of the defensive shooting sport will result in an FTDR or DQ from the entire match at the discretion of the match director. The shooter may not continue in any part of that day(s) match, may not reenter in another division, and may not shoot any side matches. Repeated offenses reported to the AC or HQ can result in having membership revoked.

It seems strange that there were shooters that were given FTDR's for overweight CDP guns, but there was another shooter that was given a DQ for an ESP gun that didn't fit in the box.

Both of these infractions seem to be the same. Obviously both penalties are legal by the rulebook as quoted above. However it does seem to be inconsistent.

Wow. This time last year Craig, who posts here under the name of Bones, was an expert. A year later he finished second overall. Very impressive.

Probably depends on what kind of T-shirt you're wearing.....

Here we go, more anti-IDPA flaming.

It seems strange that there were shooters that were given FTDR's for overweight CDP guns, but there was another shooter that was given a DQ for an ESP gun that didn't fit in the box.

Both of these infractions seem to be the same. Obviously both penalties are legal by the rulebook as quoted above. However it does seem to be inconsistent.

I would bet that the ESP pistol that caused the DQ had something that could not be readily removed to make it fit into the box OR it posed a flagrant violation such as a tungsten guiderod.

Wow. This time last year Craig, who posts here under the name of Bones, was an expert. A year later he finished second overall. Very impressive.

Craig has worked real hard and it shows. Congrats to all.

Gary

....so, if you actually practice with speedloaders you can achieve as good or better results than a moonclip gun? NO WAY!!!!! :o

Guess all the BS commentary that caused the split of SSR was just that....BS.

Practice makes up any perceived advantage to moonclips. The proof is in the scores - just like it always has been. <_<

I want to see an ESP gun that doesn't fit the box. It has to be huge. I also want to see someone that carries such a firearm for "real world" carry as this sport is supposed to be a "real world" sport.

I have no idea what it was. Maybe a double-stack 1911 (or a G34/35) with a magwell that was too big?

Hopefully, the shooter was given a chance to bring it into compliance before being DQed.

It's interesting to note that the winners in SSP, CDP, ESP and ESR are all top USPSA shooters as well.

No flame wars please. I'm not making any conclusions or bashing anything - it's just an observation.

Three of the four are professional shooters - it makes sense for their sponsors to have them shoot both sports. I don't know if Taran Butler is professional or just really good and dedicated. ;)