Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2006 Idpa Nationals

It's interesting to note that the winners in SSP, CDP, ESP and ESR are all top USPSA shooters as well.

No flame wars please. I'm not making any conclusions or bashing anything - it's just an observation.

Nice troll Cy. I always find it amusing how people who don't shoot IDPA like to interject themselves into IDPA threads. Slow TV night, I know. :wacko:

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What a great time. This was my 3rd IDPA Nats and they seem to just get better and better. It was great to see old friends and make new ones. As a SO I did not get a chance to spend a great deal of time talking with everyone but I did get to see some great shooters as they came through our bay. I do wish the weather would have been a little better for the shooters on Friday and Saturday though.

Congrats to all of the winners and I hope to see you all again next year in Allentown PA.

Patrick

It's interesting to note that the winners in SSP, CDP, ESP and ESR are all top USPSA shooters as well.

No flame wars please. I'm not making any conclusions or bashing anything - it's just an observation.

Dave Sevigny was an IDPA shooter and Champion long before he started shooting USPSA matches. Bob Vogel (2nd overall at the IDPA Nationals) is also a long time IDPA shooter. In looking at the scores, neither Taran Butler (shooting a 1911) or anyone else for that matter, came close to Dave or Bob.

Dave Sevigny was an IDPA shooter and Champion long before he started shooting USPSA matches. Bob Vogel (2nd overall at the IDPA Nationals) is also a long time IDPA shooter. In looking at the scores, neither Taran Butler (shooting a 1911) or anyone else for that matter, came close to Dave or Bob.

What are you trying to incinuate here?

Awesome match folks i shot worse than i ever have in my life and still did really well considering. but the match was a good solid skill test with proven stages.. Thanks all that worked and it was wonderful meeting everyone from the forums!

From Dave's website:

"Bursting onto the practical shooting circuit at IDPA matches in 1999, experienced shooters were quick to notice this newcomer had the talent to win major championships. Within his second season of IDPA, Dave won his first national title. Hungry to win more in 2000, he crossed over into IPSC shooting and at his first USPSA Nationals, won the Production title in 2001. In 2002, his first IPSC World Shoot, Dave proved once again he has the skills to win by becoming World Champion."

Is 1999 to 2000 "long before"?

Not for nothing but Dave did come from an IDPA background and not all USPSA members dominate IDPA matches.

In reality, it shouldn't make a bit of difference where a shooter "comes from" or calls his "competitive home." But the following statement: "It's interesting to note that the winners in SSP, CDP, ESP and ESR are all top USPSA shooters as well." can easily be taken in the wrong context regardless of the disclaimer offered up at the end of the sentence.

Forget about where their from or where they spend their time...Dave Sevigny is the "real deal" and it was another stellar performance. ;)

IMHO trigger time is trigger time, regardless of discipline. IDPA, IPSC, all have there roots in putting bullets into the targets. That and it is just plain fun, isn't that why we all do this hard and incredibly expensive sport?? I congradulate all the winners and anyone that just showed up. I don't have these opportunities right now.

Edited by theknightoflight

1) 1 (MA) Curt Nichols 287.75

2) 2 (MA) Craig Buckland 308.35

3) 3 (MA) Brent Stone 328.81

4) 1 (EX) Ron Witte 342.32

5) 2 (EX) Ron Bodle 346.05

Wow. This time last year Craig, who posts here under the name of Bones, was an expert. A year later he finished second overall. Very impressive.

Craig has worked real hard and it shows. Congrats to all.

Gary

Excellent, and congratulations Bones!

Time to switch over and give those B-class USPSA Revolver shooters a run for their money! :)

Nice troll Cy. I always find it amusing how people who don't shoot IDPA like to interject themselves into IDPA threads. Slow TV night, I know. :wacko:

You guys need to read my post and settle down!

It's a valid pont and what I take away from the observation are two things:

1. There's probably less difference between the games than many believe, and

2. The cream rises to the top, no matter what.

YMMV

P.S. Mark - switch to decaff man - really!

Edited by chp5

IMHO trigger time is trigger time, regardless of discipline. IDPA, IPSC, all have there roots in putting bullets into the targets. That and it is just plain fun, isn't that why we all do this hard and incredibly expensive sport?? I congradulate all the winners and anyone that just showed up. I don't have these opportunities right now.

he/she who pulls the trigger is my friend, i don't care if it is sass your alright in my book, wanna shoot clays go ahead, wanna shoot bench-rest great, what ever gets you to the range, u.s.p.s.a./i.d.p.a. bashing each other kills me as if we do not have enough of a fight with gun control, we have to fight among ourselves

he/she who pulls the trigger is my friend, i don't care if it is sass your alright in my book, wanna shoot clays go ahead, wanna shoot bench-rest great, what ever gets you to the range, u.s.p.s.a./i.d.p.a. bashing each other kills me as if we do not have enough of a fight with gun control, we have to fight among ourselves

I agree! It's not what game you shoot, it's THAT you shoot!

+1

I know why I cross over... shooting is shooting. Being able to learn from both sports has been a big contributor to my success. There are things that I would like to see change about both, but many of the top USPSA shooters cross over because they are hungry to prove yet another time they are the best in their divisions.

That said, back to the nationals: I just got home to see my trophies (missed the award ceremony on Sunday morning). They are beautiful! From the high quality, embroidered i-SHOT bags with lots of literature, to the dinners and get-togethers, the IDPA Nationals certainly is an event for the shooters. For a relatively small entry fee for a nationals you get a lot... first to shoot for a national title, a free lunch (just remember your badge! ;)), all the drinks you could want/need at the range at no cost, awards ceremony... Quite a deal.

The one thing you can't bank on... the weather! :)

Luckily September in Pa. is quite nice. I am already looking forward to next years nationals. It also helps that it will only be 90 minutes from home for me.
where in PA is next years match???

Guthsville, which is 15 minutes northwest of Allentown.

+1

I know why I cross over... shooting is shooting. Being able to learn from both sports has been a big contributor to my success. There are things that I would like to see change about both, but many of the top USPSA shooters cross over because they are hungry to prove yet another time they are the best in their divisions.

Amen Julie!

I have the privilege of shooting with some of the best in both camps. Ron Witte and Gerald Thompson came in 4th overall in SSR and ESR respectively and shoot at my local IDPA club. Jeff Cramblit (benelli2) came in 16th in standard at the European Shotgun Championships a couple weeks ago and is RM for the Ft Benning 3 Gun this year. I got to hammer a few nails at his house this weekend and shoot some steel.

Good people all around. It's all shooting and it's all good.

I thought it was a good match. I do think the Carolina Cup is better but I am biased b/c I shoot at that club all the time. I shot on Thursday which I think turned out to be an advantage. I really screwed up some stages but had it together on others. My goal was top 5 in SSP but considering how I felt about my day, 8th was a pleasant surprise. I did win a stage which was a complete surprise. I did squad with Taran Butler which was a learning experience. To say that he is smooth and fast is an understatement. All in all, a good match that I'm glad I went to. Thanks to all who worked. This was only the 2nd major IDPA match in 4 years that I havent worked so it was funny for all the people I knew asking me what stage I was on. Congrats to all who won, placed or showed.