Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2006 Limited Nationals Updates

Wow!!!

I know Dave did it last year in Lim10, but that was a different story being 10rd stage diagnosing and all, Dave had a little bit of an advantage (more so than the normal shooter) knowing and being used to diagnosing stuff with 10rds.

Considering your reasoning, with Dave obligated to shoot a lot of Production, how many Limited titles COULD he have won if he were use to shooting more matces in Limited??? :unsure: ?

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow!!!

I know Dave did it last year in Lim10, but that was a different story being 10rd stage diagnosing and all, Dave had a little bit of an advantage (more so than the normal shooter) knowing and being used to diagnosing stuff with 10rds.

Considering your reasoning, with Dave obligated to shoot a lot of Production, how many Limited titles COULD he have won if he were use to shooting more matces in Limited??? :unsure: ?

I think this is the first season that Dave has primarily focused on shooting Limited at major matches and practice, rather than shooting more Production. After all, Dave RUNS Production and has numerous Prod National titles. I think he was getting a little intrigued on shooting Limited primarily for a year and seeing what he could really do. I guess he answered that!!

Also, BTW,

GREAT JOB DIRTYPOOL!!!!!!!

Helluva finish Eric, congrats bro, I see Andrea must have pushed you out of the house to practice quite a bit before the Nats for that kind of finish. All my best to you both.

It's been said that Dave also did not use a magwell. Another $79 savings! I wonder if anyone else competing in Limited did not have a magwell?

I believe Dave does use a magwell of sorts and it costs about $80 to reproduce. It's an opening and blending of the mag chute using glass bedding compound internally to the grip so that it doesn't look other than stock to casual observance. He used to use this and listed the guy that did it on his sponsors page. I have no idea if he still uses it though. I'll have to ask him next time I run into him.

Magwell or not, stock glock or not, Dave is a class act all the way. Always ready with a friendly smile to an unfamiliar face and free with advice and encouragement to us new shooters he encounters. Glock has quite a spokesman in him and his abilities!

Great work Dave!

Kevin

Thanks Kevin. I had a ROUGH 3rd day, but in a long match you have to expect some trouble and learn to roll with it. I am learning to finish well, but am still having trouble starting well.

I see LEE D from the "A TEAM" lurking, too bad he's such a nice guy, makes it hard to hate him. <_< Congrats on 1st M bro......now get the hell out of my class!!! :angry: Sorry, good match. I guess I should be thankful; if Lee doesn't make the top 16 the don't give me the pity trophy of 3rd M when I actually finished 4th. :unsure:

And yes, Andrea did kick me out and make me practice, and she makes a helluva coach.

Funny story; we leave the awards and head to the prize table. She's carrying my little plaque in her purse. After about five minutes she pipes up with "Honey, I forgot to put your trophy in the car, and it's heavy."

I shot back "baby, it's just heavy because I backed into it, if I had earned it, it wouldn't weigh a thing." B)

Edited by dirtypool40

Wow, impressive finish by Dave. And congrats to all who joined. :)

Slightly OT but in a format like this, if, for example, your mag doesn't gauge, you shoot the match for no score since there's no open div?

That's my understanding, also.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

ETA: I just went to check for a rule to cover this and here's what I found:

"6.2.5 Where a Division is unavailable or deleted, or where a competitor fails to declare a specific Division prior to the commencement of a match, the competitor will be placed in the Division which, in the opinion of the Range Master, most closely identifies with the competitor’s equipment. If, in the opinion of the Range Master, no suitable Division is available, the competitor will shoot the match for no score."

That last sentence makes me think the shooter would be shooting for no score.

Edited by ima45dv8

Erik,

I have to agree with you. The 9-11 member squads seem to be the ticket. Everyone worked on our squad that needed to, we generally finished early.

Smaller squads get the job done. A2 and other matches should also take note of this. Additionally, it seems like people really put some thought into the sequencing of squads, which added to the through-put.

What a great match! Close contests in every division... even Revolver wasn't a total blowout, compared to past years. Though Lisa and Julie were pretty dominant in their respective wins (way to go, ladies!).

I also want to add my voice to those who think the half day/smaller squad format is definitely the way to go. More shooting in less time is always a good thing; the squad members stay fresher and so do more to help out the RO's, which means everyone gets done sooner. I can't imagine why they'd ever do it any other way.

Another thing I like about the half-day format is that it let me (being on the other rotation) watch the Limited super squad through the entire match. Dave was indeed spectacular, and Chris was also pretty damn impressive, leading for much of the way as he did and totally burning down a few stages over the course of the competition. In the end it was Dave's steadier nerves on the final day (especially in his commanding performance on stage 15) that made the difference. It was strange to see Leatham lose his focus on the final stage, where he's usually so cool and unflappable; but I guess no one can maintain that kind of streak forever.

Congrats to all the winners and thanks to all the RO's and organizers.

What a great match! Close contests in every division... even Revolver wasn't a total blowout, compared to past years. Though Lisa and Julie were pretty dominant in their respective wins (way to go, ladies!).

I also want to add my voice to those who think the half day/smaller squad format is definitely the way to go. More shooting in less time is always a good thing; the squad members stay fresher and so do more to help out the RO's, which means everyone gets done sooner. I can't imagine why they'd ever do it any other way.

Another thing I like about the half-day format is that it let me (being on the other rotation) watch the Limited super squad through the entire match. Dave was indeed spectacular, and Chris was also pretty damn impressive, leading for much of the way as he did and totally burning down a few stages over the course of the competition. In the end it was Dave's steadier nerves on the final day (especially in his commanding performance on stage 15) that made the difference. It was strange to see Leatham lose his focus on the final stage, where he's usually so cool and unflappable; but I guess no one can maintain that kind of streak forever.

Congrats to all the winners and thanks to all the RO's and organizers.

That's my understanding, also.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

ETA: I just went to check for a rule to cover this and here's what I found:

"6.2.5 Where a Division is unavailable or deleted, or where a competitor fails to declare a specific Division prior to the commencement of a match, the competitor will be placed in the Division which, in the opinion of the Range Master, most closely identifies with the competitor’s equipment. If, in the opinion of the Range Master, no suitable Division is available, the competitor will shoot the match for no score."

That last sentence makes me think the shooter would be shooting for no score.

Thanks for the clarification. :)

... BTW, on stage 14, Henning dropped a mag on the ground and picked it up and still had a sweet run.

Mr. P-Type

;)

henning has a really interesting website...lots of pics and vids. he always looks like he's having fun. there's a video from area 6 where he comes up 1 round short (or has a jam) at the end of a stage...and he turns and laughs with the RO.

Thanks for the nice comments on my f#@$@ ups, gotta appreciate that :lol:

Just uploaded pictures and videos. Have videos of Adam Popplewell, Glenn Higdon, Lee D (i'm not even going to attempt spelling it again..), Mike Seeklander, Ron Avery and myself.

Including my dropped mag... I had to watch the video to recall what happened. I used a magnet on my belt to hold the spare mag (works great, but no rocking motions recommended..). I was very leary of it and when I dumped my first mag I thought I'd lost my second mag, stopped and caused the 2nd to actually fall off... Anyways it's on tape, so feel free to laugh. Luckily it was a low hit factor stage so figured it cost me less than 15 points (Could have been worse I guess).

We had a great squad, kept it light hearted and cooperated on solving the stages.

2006 Limited Nationals Report

Thanks for the nice comments on my f#@$@ ups, gotta appreciate that :lol:

Just uploaded pictures and videos. Have videos of Adam Popplewell, Glenn Higdon, Lee D (i'm not even going to attempt spelling it again..), Mike Seeklander, Ron Avery and myself.

Including my dropped mag... I had to watch the video to recall what happened. I used a magnet on my belt to hold the spare mag (works great, but no rocking motions recommended..). I was very leary of it and when I dumped my first mag I thought I'd lost my second mag, stopped and caused the 2nd to actually fall off... Anyways it's on tape, so feel free to laugh. Luckily it was a low hit factor stage so figured it cost me less than 15 points (Could have been worse I guess).

We had a great squad, kept it light hearted and cooperated on solving the stages.

2006 Limited Nationals Report

Thanks for the report and the great videos.