Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Congratulations Kurtm And Team Usa

The guys are still in the air but it was sure fun rooming with them, dropping them off at the airport at 4am after 2 hours sleep wasn't !!

Trapr, Jeff and Daniel had some gun issues and that didn't help their scores any and would have posted much higher if the guns had run, jetlag was an issue to. When the guns ran they showed they were world class shooters and posted some great times on the stages.

Kurt had a great match and was on the best form I have seen him, he was pretty un-stoppable for almost all of the match and was a pleasure to watch in action.

We all had a great time and we have some cool photos that I am sure will get posted soon.

Roy,

It struck me as funny, because I remember getting a fairly terse e-mail from Trapr a few years back informing me I'd spelled his name wrong. Of course, he and his big brown cutie of a dog won me over. I'm a sucker for a cute friendly face. :)

Liota

Scott is Trapr. Like Todd is Linwood, among others.

Kurt had a great match and was on the best form I have seen him, he was pretty un-stoppable for almost all of the match and was a pleasure to watch in action.

Wow, if Kurt had a great match and Raine beat him by almost 7%, Raine must have been superhuman! Must be something in those Scandanavian waters.

Congrats to all!!

yeah, scott is the first name and trapr is the middle, IPSC doesn't care that you go by TRAPR, they just want your first name for paperwork.

the match was, as mister burns sez" EXCELLENT"

the ammo issue was aggravating, we were informed that remington and winchester ammo was available, however it turned out to be just slugs and buckshot. Kurt had ammo brought over from UK that he knew would run in his gun. None of the foreign ammo that I had shot before was available locally, It was kinda like the benelli didn't want to eat the stuff at first but

then it got used to it and ran. but the first day was, really bad.... 7 stages and just one that was acceptable. the second day, was much better, as well as the third.

the stages were very technical, which i personally like. tight no shoot steel, and the dust from the range was bad, steel plates on the ground caused other targets to become obscured by the dust, and it was easy to overlook an unhit target. :o:o

the setting and city was great, the people of the city were friendly, driving on the streets was an absolute adventure. ;)

The other teams were very friendly, and the "big brown dog" left his mark on alot of new territory. :lol::lol:

All in All, I highly recommend an offshore shooting event, if you get the chance.

Trapr

Strongly second Trapr's comments, everyone should give a go at the overseas IPSC shooting it will be new in some ways but you will meet some excellent folks and have a good time regardless of the shooting. Mike 45 you made the match for me you are a gentleman and a great guy to have to do the driving on any side of the road, "you were coming straight at me!", I'll do it again anytime. My thanks to all the great folks met from Germany, UK, Swiss, etc etc, you guys come shoot over here when you get the opportunity too. Only thing they need is colder beer, couldn't believe that one place ran out of beer? Until next time, I know what I need to practice and will do better next time

eljeffe B)

I too, would like to thank mikey for his tolerance to ALL the backseat driving!!!!

as usual the british hospitality was top drawer. to all the brits, suisse, germans, greeks,italia's, serbs, and especially myro.....Thank you for a wonderful time, i look forward to seeing you all again soon.

mikey did you find the LAST practical joke?????

trapr

...the last practical joke !! :o

was it :

1) The drawing of the fake Euro trash moustache on my firearms customs import licence ?

2) The fact all my travellers cheques had "I have a gun - hand over all the cash" written on the back where the bank staff fill their bit in ?

3) The stock of my gun and my photo of my girlfriend had been branded with the Trapr dog paw branding....?

After spending a week with you guys I was prepared for the unexpected damn you ! :ph34r::D

It was a blast shooting with you guys and has made my summer - I will post a photo of 'Team USA' in their fine shirts later !

Mike, what an outstanding job well done.

I cant think of anyone who has made such a motley bunch look so close to respectible. Very good camera work.

Glad to see everyone did well. Hate to hear about the ammo problems.

Excelent jog team USA.

Jolly good show Mike.

Jealous of all the fun you must have had. Can't wate to hear some stories.

Ty

post-169-1158164956.jpgAll was good and I have started going through the pictures, haven't photoshopped all mikey's yet but I will. Here is an untouched one of our UK amigo vaporizing a clay. I may need some help from the peanut gallery to be able to load all the photos I have or it will take a long time posting them all one at a time, and I will save the best for last. Note the amount of dust kicked up, became a serious issue on your shooting order. Got some great stuff to follow B)

adios

jc

More pics of the blasting. Everywhere you looked you could see stars and bars, we set a new standard for Team shirts, I expect to see shirts of a whole new level at the next match. Good job trapr!

post-169-1158193512.jpgpost-169-1158193636.jpgpost-169-1158193677.jpg[attac

ment=5895:attachment]

blast away, but beware the no shoots, see how close they were, we shot at some with less than half the plate exposed

My best shots were with the camera not the shotgun, B)

post-169-1158193705.jpg

Edited by benelli2