Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Not That It Matters, But I'll Be Seeing Ya.

hopalong

After another episode of not being able to put down on paper what I'm seeing in my hard head, and pissing off several people whom I had no intentions to piss off or offend I'll be taking leave of these fine forums. :(

I would rather have you fine folks as friends, than as someone I can say I used to know just because I can't explain what I'm trying to explain and it still not come out the way I want it to. :angry:

Maybe one day I can be articulate, until then....see you on a range somewhere.

Shoot good, shoot safe, and HAVE FUN !!!!!

SAN KEEN...........Used to be Hopalong

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After another episode of not being able to put down on paper what I'm seeing in my hard head, and pissing off several people whom I had no intentions to piss off or offend I'll be taking leave of these fine forums. :(

I would rather have you fine folks as friends, than as someone I can say I used to know just because I can't explain what I'm trying to explain and it still not come out the way I want it to. :angry:

Maybe one day I can be articulate, until then....see you on a range somewhere.

Shoot good, shoot safe, and HAVE FUN !!!!!

SAN KEEN...........Used to be Hopalong

It matters. Stick around. Email is an awkward way to communicate and it's easy to read in things that were not intended. If we all had to leave when we inadvertantly offended someone, there would be no one left. I don't know what you said, or, whom you supposedly offended, but, I bet I probably offended them at some time too, and, vice versa. Let's all be grown ups.

Don't know who or what, but I have certainly done worse than whatever you think you might have done...Sorry that you are leaving..we can't have too many good members here...don;'t be gone long..

Hey Sam, we need your input, without everyone contributing this forum would soon be "dead". I too don't know or care what you said or whom may have been offended. Let's face it you can't please all of the people or any some of the people all of the time. See Ya Mac

It matters. +1

Stick around. +1

Email is an awkward way to communicate and it's easy to read in things that were not intended. +2

If we all had to leave when we inadvertantly offended someone, there would be no one left. +2

It wouldnt be the same without you here Sam. I cant hold down the Keen Fort by myself! B)

Sam,

Us wheelgunners need you to be on this forum. you have provided much information and assistance to many who are looking for guidance ,myself included.

Phil

+ 1 Lefty speaks for me also!

It REALLY does matter.

Take a few days/weeks off and relax. If the person you accidentally offended can't take it then they can leave as well. Sometimes the best communication is no communication for a short period of time. It all blows over and hurt feelings mend. If not, well - screw'em. :D If you really meant to upset someone then that's one thing but if you apologize and they still won't let it go then you're definitely not the problem. Don't sweat it buddy. We all get passionate and things get taken out of context or we say silly things from time to time. They'll cool down too and then all will be forgiven.

The forum is for learning. I'm sure both of you have learned something new whether you actually intended to learn what you did or not. :)

Come back soon, come back later....just come back eventually.

Steve

Dont go Sam!!!!! Thats the reason I don't post often too. I hate spending 2 hrs emailing to get thing back right. Sometimes people are looking for a reason to go after someone. Keep on going i enjoy your post.

Edited by gmshooter

C'mon Sam...get yer keister back here!!! You are one of the most respected and loved people on this forum. I really enjoy yor input, and I can't possibly believe that wasting all your knowledge and talent by not passing it onto new wheelgunners on this forum can be the right thing to do. Just 'cause somebody got their nose out of joint about a post isn't reason enough to leave. The REVOlution needs you!!! ;)

Sam,

You have provided a lot of valuable advice to me, and I am sure others in the past.

I can't say that I have ever seen anything you have posted that any true member of the shooting community would be bothered by.

Please add my two cents to the pile of people who are asking you to continue the road less traveled with us.

Jim

Dude, come on... WTF? ;) Sam, you are well loved by many folks on this forum - it's my sincere hope you'll stick around.

One of the big obstacles of communication on a forum - or in any written form, for that matter - is the lack of ability to express tone through gestures, sound of voice, etc. Many times, it's also harder to articulate a thought that you could easily speak. It can be pretty frustrating, and I can understand wanting to give it up. Don't forget that communication in this form requires the other guy to actually read what you wrote, too, though, and requires them to ask questions if they don't understand - and to cut you some slack if the message was lost in between. Otherwise, you're feeling bad about something that's not completely your fault... don't let that drive you away...

You've been a bright spot around here, man, and will be sorely missed if you go...

Dave