Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CM 99-27

Rich Bagoly

In addition to the behind the table problem, there was no box behind the 3rd shooting position. You could start shooting well in advance of the barricade. I spoke with the MD after the match and expressed my concern about sending the stage in for classification. It just wasn't done right.

• 6 months later...

Shot this one at the MO Fall Classic. Shot T1-T3 from behind the table like I was supposed to. Ran like mad to the barricade and setup quickly on the left side and blazed through those targets, threw an extra at the steel, then ran like mad to the wall and just entered the corner and blazed at those targets. Reloaded between positions. Did it in 14.81 and 76 points in Production. HF was 5.1317, looks like a 90.315% to me. If I had it to shoot over, I would have went a little slower on the shooting and got more points.

I shot it at the MO match also.

In Limited Major with the G35:

KYLE FARRIS M Limited 82 0 15.64 5.2430

I have that as 87.646% Nationally.

I felt the way I shot it was slow.

I shot T1-T3 right-to-left (moving to the left to leave the position). I don't know why I didn't shoot it left-to-right, that would be my usually way of shooting an array like this. I am sure I gave up time here.

I shot the barricade from the left side, left-to right. I had a small foot bobble. No big deal.

On the last array, I came in to the box mostly straight on (instead of at an angle...coming straight from the barricade). I did this to get on, and see, the wide-open target of the right easier. I shot it right to left. This was more conservative...and a bit slower.

• 6 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Haven't seen this one in awhile in our section...

shot it yesterday..

was shooting production...dripped a few points which is the kiss of death in production..but managed 80 points in 15.76 for a HF of 5.0761.

now I gotta go find that classifier calculator ...

• 2 months later...

Shot this one today at KAPS. Started on closest target right to left, moved to barricade and shot right to left taking a little care with the right popper, moved to last port and engaged left to right. Ended up with 17 A and 1 D on either T4 or T5.

Limited Division A Class

87 points

15.36 seconds

5.6641 HF

Should be 94.6888% based on the calculator.

Shot it second relay with wheelgun, same strategy. 16 A and 2 C.

Revolver Division B Class

88 points

21.99 seconds

4.0018 HF

Should be 74.3309%.

Edited by fomeister

• 7 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 7 months later...

I've been shooting for one month, and this was my first classifier. I was pleased with the shooting, although a bit slow (still a bit nervous running with a gun.) I'm told that speed will come with time...

Open Class (U)

points = 90 :D

time = 30.84 :(

hf = 2.918

Edited by SuperP

• 4 years later...

Production Division

Down one Charlie in the last array

I practiced my right to left reloads the day before on a whim, it paid off. I am unclassified as of yet, waiting for our 6 stage classifier match to be posted. Not too shabby for my second match!

So the calc says 71.34%!!!! WooHoo!!

ETA percentage and a typo...

Edited by DoubleL

• 4 months later...

Shot this one this weekend, open, 80 points, 16.16 seconds, 4.95 hf.

Shot first array right to left, second array from from right side of barricade left to right, third array left to right.

Now that I have read this and look at it think I should have shot it like this:

1st array left to right to get moving quicker after easiest target. More aggressive lean.

2nd array from left side of barricade and left to right, left side of barricade is quicker to get moving as gun is on left side of barricade, draw back is target acquisition after crossing behind barricade.

3rd array right to left, right target is easiest and can start shooting quicker.

Looking for input on this logic.

• 10 months later...