Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CM 99-27

Rich Bagoly

Limited, 85%

Don't remember what the time was, had some D's on the last array.

Started centered behind the table. Shot T1 first, started leaning while shooting T2. Big lean going on T3. Stepped into box B with right foot first. Shot around right side of barricade. Went for PP2 first, rushed the shot, saw the miss, and made it up before going on to T5. Left on PP1, took extra care making the shot so no need to stay and see it fall.

99-27.gif

Edited by sperman
Fixed Broken Link

I wish you knew what you time was. I shot that one Saturday. Clean with 1 D on second array in 19 secs. I doubt its anywhere near 85% but I'd like to know where its gonna fall. If you had shot the second array from the left side of the barricade it probably would have been easier to leave for the next array. Saw a guy rip it in 15 secs clean, 88pts with a Glock! I was impressed!

I shot this earlier this year with a 9mm Glock.  (C class)

Farris, Kyle      Limited      72   0  19.79   3.6382  

60.821 %

I obviously didn't get great hits.  Minor didn't help.  On the last set of targets I came into the shooting box and went back and forth between the white targets and the brown.  I just could not decide which needed to be shot.

(Edited by Flexmoney at 9:24 pm on Oct. 15, 2001)

• 1 month later...

Shot this last month in Lim-10 division with a Glock 35, but only got it posted this week at USPSA.  Nothing special at the table, shot around the right side of the barricade on the middle string.  Tried to have the gun up in front of my face and "on" the right side target at the last shooting position well before actually getting there.

Lim-10, 88 points, 15.57 seconds, HF 5.6519

USPSA posted this in Lim-10 as 94.485%.  With most of my classifiers being high A or borderline M, this one sticks out like a sore thumb.  Run felt smooth and didn't seem that fast.  Seems like thats the way it goes.  The ones I think I blaze are about average for my class.  

• 6 months later...

Just shot it yesterday at the NC Sec. of all times for me to have 3 failure to feeds. The match went down hill from there.

84pts 27.12 sec 3.0973hf   L-10

(Edited by Jon Merricks at 9:37 am on May 20, 2002)

(Edited by Jon Merricks at 6:17 pm on June 19, 2002)

• 2 months later...

Division  Points  Penalties   Time  Hit Factor

Limited      86         10        17.28     4.3981

First of all, this is a bogus classifier because of the table with invisible fault lines.

I shot it with a low table, not really a card table. No big deal, 1.44 draw. Took forever to set up and shoot around the left side of the barricade. It wasn't centered on the array. Called the shot on the second PP but did the happy-feet thing because I didn't see it fall as I was leaving. It fell slowly. Came into the final array on the full target, and dinged the no-shoot perf on the middle target. (I always for the tall A zone when it's flanked by no shoots, I don't go for the  upper A/B.)

• 2 months later...

Cold and rainy today.  Open Div. this time.

15 and change for the time.  Pulled a shot into a no-shoot in the middle of the last array.  Made it up.

Shot around the left side of the barricade.  More confidance calling the shot with the dot, but still not able to lean much leaving.

You want to get leaning shooting T3, to start moving away from the table.  You loose a lot of time if you wait until you are done shooting, before starting to move.

• 5 months later...

I shot the Florida State Championship. We shot Lefty's Revenge as the Classifier. When I read the description, it is my understanding that the shooter must remain behind the table while engaging the first 3 targets. At the match, shooters were allowed to fire only one shot from behind the table and then engage the other two while moving to the first barricade. So, was it wrong to allow shooters to engage any of the first array targets while on the move if the shooter engaged one from behind the table? What say ye? Thanks.

Jack

:huh:

Looks pretty straight forward to me. What part of, "Upon start signal, from behind table A, engage only T1-T3..." don't people understand. Of course, it would be better if there was a 4 ft. by 4 ft. box....I mean fault lines. Looks to me like the folks at Sedro Woolley are going to need to throw the scores out. Shooting the targets on the move would be much faster and the hit factors will be artificially high. Now that the word is out, I suppose the match director will need to take some action.

I disagree. If the shooter moved laterally while shooting on the move, he's behind the table. Maybe not directly behind, but behind nevertheless. If the intent was to force everyone to do the exact same thing, then I agree with Ron that a box would have been ideal. If the designer wanted to allow thinking (i.e. gaming) then I think it's fine.

You can't give somebody a procedural penalty without fault lines. Wrong shooting sport.

Some of us think "behind" to mean the Y axis only; some of us think it to mean both the X and Y axes. Without fault lines, we're just guessing.

USPSA needs to toss that one and resurrect it with a box or fault line or port.

I'm all for gaming a stage but classifiers are a little different and I think this one is fairly clear.

Those of you who disagree, have any of you ever been a passenger in an auto accident? Well you need to call your insurance company right now and insist that you were "behind the wheel" of the car when the accident took place and you want to accept your share of the liability. :P

For the FL guys, it's now a fun stage but it's NOT a classifier.

John

Great analogy. Exactly where does one go from driver to passenger on a bench seat?

Any decent shooter is going to be shooting at least one of the first three targets while leaning and/or stepping away from the table, moving toward the door. Some ROs will call a procedural, some won't.

Not fair in a match, not fair as a classifier.

Nik,

The stage instructions state that behind means between the rear table legs.

Ooops, I knew skimming text was a bad idea. My momma always told me to read every word. But then I'd never finish a book. I totally missed that last line ----- and now retract everything I said.