Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Reports Of "the Jet" Shooting Ipsc Again

eerw

That's great!!! I'm planning a trip to the Phillipines in the next month or two before PCS'ing. I'd love to see him again and maybe shoot with him.

SPC Richard A. White, Senior Medic

249th MP Detachment (EACF)

Camp Humphreys, ROK

That's good to see him back shooting.

?Why did all the stages start with the chamber empty?

barry

welcome to our world. :)

Its normal for us having condition 2 and 3 starts in IPSC land. We even have all magazines on the table and gun on table starts. Thats when you get a mag, load it , get another and put it in your magpouch and then start to shoot :D

Edited by Jasonub

That's good to see him back shooting.

?Why did all the stages start with the chamber empty?

barry

welcome to our world. :)

Its normal for us having condition 2 and 3 starts in IPSC land. We even have all magazines on the table and gun on table starts. Thats when you get a mag, load it , get another and put it in your magpouch and then start to shoot :D

Oh :o that explains what I saw this past weekend shooting our state championship match. Observed one of the pinoy guys racking his slide after every reload on a stage. He wasn't a newby, was invited to go to the P.I. to shoot with some of the guys.

Did anyone else notice that he steps back to lauch on the 5th stage? I've been trying to analyse movement for months now. I'm come to the conclusion that there is no "one true way". Not the answer that I wanted. I much prefered black and white answers on how to do things, but much like life in general the rules vary with the situation and individual.

Nice stages to watch, enjoyed the video, thanks for posting it.

Rick

Did anyone else notice that he steps back to lauch on the 5th stage? I've been trying to analyse movement for months now. I'm come to the conclusion that there is no "one true way". Not the answer that I wanted. I much prefered black and white answers on how to do things, but much like life in general the rules vary with the situation and individual.

Interesting observation. And he starts with his feet so close together, makes me wonder if the foot start position was mandatory.

yep. the foot position was mandatory. feet together, toes or heels touching the start marker.

some level 1 matches here in the Philippines start with chamber empty for extra safety factor for newbie shooters. but still, we get occasional AD's.

as noted from Jet's videos, i think he must still be a bit rusty coming out from a very long hiatus of pistol shooting. the back step, feet crossing going from port to port, etc.

i'd love to watch him shoot in a few more weeks time when he gets back 100% and into his groove.

;)

I'm still waiting for McOliver to send me the videos of that particular shoot.

I'll upload some of jasonub's stages of the same match for comparison purposes.

B)

• 2 weeks later...

Holy crap batman!

PLUS ONE! Wow.... :o

Wow, the video tutorial that shows smooth is fast and fast is smooth or something close to that. I'm guessing he was a champion IPSC competitor who chose to pursue another sport and is coming back?