Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Bullet Feeder For A 1050

The caliber changes include; the bullet plate, the puck for that caliber, and the bullet seater assembly. I use mine on a 650 and got it in 38 Super with change overs in 40 and 45.

Brian

So, 40 & 45 are two different setups / kits?

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The collator portion of the system is a dream come true, the only shortcoming seems to be at the press end. A lot of guys (me included) are not going to be crazy of the idea of loosing one die location. The Lee Factory Crimp Die is extremely common for the last station, many swear by it, others will just not be willing to part with the powder checker.

The ideal solution would be for the bullet feeder to accomplish the seating operation completely rather than just setting the bullet on top. Hopefully that is something that may still be getting worked out and may come in the future. It would also eliminate the need for the "over" expanding of the case neck so the bullet does not fall off when indexing to the next position.

• 2 weeks later...

The KISS is freakin' AWESOME!!!

Got mine today and 35 minuted from the time I opened to box I had 300 rounds loaded. It took me about 10 minuted of that to figure out how to get the bullets to feed right. I had to adjust the plug thing and turn down the power a bit.

I got a bit carried away with the speed, as you can load as fast as you can crank the handle.

• 5 weeks later...

I've put a KISS bulletfeeder on a Hornady LNL AP - writeup here, includes some pics.

Video here (about 18MB) - it's mostly just an LNL AP video, but there is a segment showing the bullet collator quite clearly, and a pic of the thing mounted on the press - turned out to be quite tidy. If you don't want to download an 18MB file,

The thing is flawless in operation. My press mount is wobbly - the whole thing shakes like Elvis doing his thing - and still every bullet goes down the tube the right way. And the customer service from KISS was great.

Edited by acrashb

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

OK folks, Now here is my question. How tall is the support pipe for using the Kiss Feeder with a 1050? I got my feeder for use with an XL650 on a strong mount and have just bought a 1050 from Brian and the support is way too tall.

Brian

I use the KISS on my Super 1050 and love it. very reliable and easy to setup and use. I have seen several different ways to mount it. I think it was Saul K. who had a video with a white bracket mounted to the case feed support pole on a 1050. For me, I kept the original PVC piping but did not mount it to my bench. Instead when I need to add bullets, i seing it forward to make it easy, then when loaded, i push it in back of my 1050 and it is out of the way.

Thanks for the info L9X25. I went to the local ACO today and picked up a couple of lengths ( one for the 1050 and one for my second 650 ). So now I will have a 650 in each small and large primer and a 1050 in 40 S&W that I can put my bullet feeder on. :cheers: Yeah I know I should get one for each of them and maybe sometime I will.

Brian