Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Smm 3 Gun Match

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't bring a light. IF there is a dark house - the match will supply illumination...

Um, I don't recall them supplying one 2 years ago.. :( Maybe live and learn?

And it was a Surefire, thanks to those of you that keep them handy! :)

One Gent strapped one of those mondo 500,000 Candlepower flashlights to his rifle, duct tape and all. Turned the darkhouse to daylight and we were all blinded outside :D

Vince

Would this be what you are talking about Vince?

Lol.. Yep, that would be the Gent :D

Man that was an interesting match. My first major 3-g match and my Mini was maybe a week old and um, Chris always asks me if my Scope is on tight enough ;)

I will probably not shoot that one again in Open.. and I'd probably have to borrow a tactical length shotgun if I went again (unless there was a rule change?).

Vince

PS... As I look at it he didn't have an AK but an AR.. He was also the Gent, IIRC that had the Saiga Mag fed shotgun. That's probably why I thought that.

Edited by sargenv

Yeah, that's Bill Ramos out of Reno. He does shoot a mostly JP AR but has been running a Saiga Gauge as long as I have known him. Squadded with him on a number of MGM Ironman and Area 1 matches. The Saiga can be a force when a stage plays to it's strengths. For slug select stages, he had enough magazines to just keep changing them out like a trail of crumbs in the forest :P

Ha!!!

Whats is this about rain on Thursday and Friday (Ten Day Forecast). It has not rained in Mesa for the last 134 days and now it got to rain for our match. We have 4-8 inches of snow falling right now in upstate New York, so showers and 75 degrees looks really good right now. I guess I should not complain.

Ha!!!

Whats is this about rain on Thursday and Friday (Ten Day Forecast). It has not rained in Mesa for the last 134 days and now it got to rain for our match. We have 4-8 inches of snow falling right now in upstate New York, so showers and 75 degrees looks really good right now. I guess I should not complain.

Rained really bad back in 2004 too...I don't mind shooting in the rain if they'd let us.

I need some JP riser blocks for my side tactical sight... any chance there's a vendor that will have them at the match? Or a store in the Mesa area?

Anyone going that want to sell a pair? (with just a trace of desperation in my voice)

Thanks!

Dave, if you haven't zeroed and practiced with the side mount irons enough to be proficient and "confident" using them, you may be better off just going with what you know and using the main optics across the board. JMHO derived from copious practical experience in bozoing stages using untested setups ;-)

I have them on, and I'm shooting them preety good (ok, good for me), but the cheek weld is so low, it's pushing my muffs enough I can't double plug...

My other upper has a riser (from earlier in this thread http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=28069), it was more comfortable, just not that easy to move to this upper..

Edited by BerKim

I've never been to a match were you've needed a sling except when you had to transition to a pistol, and you had to retain your rifle or shotgun. Otherwise, I've not used a sling in a match for actually shooting. You mileage may vary, however, I believe they can slow you down as you have to 'lock in' after the buzzer and not before. Also, not sure, but tactical division may not allow slings? (check the rules......I did'nt as I don't use one anyways)

See y'all down there!!!

Tim

What if there is a dark house and the match supplies illumination but I want more illumination.

Would mounting a flashlight to the magazine base pad (pistol) be illegal or put me in open class?

What if there is a dark house and the match supplies illumination but I want more illumination.

Would mounting a flashlight to the magazine base pad (pistol) be illegal or put me in open class?

That would definately put you into "OPEN" class. You would also have to leave the appendage on your firearm to comply with the rules regarding no changes to the configuration of your firearm(s) during the entire match - or DQ for unsportsmanlike conduct. See rules 2.6.1.3, 5.4 & 5.5 for details. SMM3G Rules

A2Chic :ph34r:

Edited by AZ Stats Chic

Here's a report for ya. For the first time in 1,253,823 days, it's RAINING in Phoenix!!!!

On the bright side, it may be raining, but at least the temperatures are mild...45 degrees! Now all we need are some strong wind gusts...Oh, that was yesterday.

What are the sane people doing this weekend????

Phil "Goin' to Walmart to buy a #%@ing raincoat" Strader

ps. And NO, I'm never happy! :angry: