Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Production Division 9mm Factory Ammo

markm

I am interested in some Atlanta Arms ammo, but their website is not real helpful re: what they load and what it costs. Is there a way to get info other than calling? I emailed them long ago and it took ages to get a response...I just assumed they are very busy.

So, on the 147 grain stuff, cost? Thanks

You guys may also want to check out Lancer Custom Ammunition.

He, Mike, has reloads in both 124gr and 147gr for competition.

I have yet to try the 9mm comp ammo, but I am VERY pleased with the

.45ACP comp ammo I have bought from him.

Edited by Exiledviking

I use CCI Blazer 115gr almost exclusively for Production and in IDPA SSP/ESP with no problems whatsoever. If not available or I forget to check my supply, I use UMC 115gr or American Eagle 115gr. I can definitely tell a difference in felt recoil and point of aim between them. Otherwise, I have tried the "Dave Sevigny load", Atlanta Arms 147gr-light recoil and shoots point of aim.

• 3 weeks later...
Had a chance yesterday to run some of Wolf's new brass cased 147gr jhp over the chrono, it was from a CZ85 and the average for 5 rounds was 909 fps, which will give a 133power factor.

Any chance to test it for groups at 25 yards???

cost???

how did it feel (compared to some of the popular production loads, if you've tried them)?

thanks.

Jerry's Sport Center sells the new Wolf gold 9mm 147gr for $8.80 if you buy 40 boxes. The 40 S&W 180gr hp is $9.90 per box @30.

Not sure of cost, this is stuff that they sent me. And they only sent 2 boxes at first (100 rounds)

I put 65 rounds downrange at the local indoor place and out of the CZ85 and was limited to 50 feet, but was getting 10 shot groups about 2inches (standing two hand hold).

Feels to me a little less recoil than a the standard 115gr metal case they sent me (which over the chrono was a 132pf, 5 shot average of 1147fps)

I should be getting my CZ SP01 back from Angus on Wednesday which will give me a chance to put the remaining 30 rounds (hopefully they will have sent me some more!!) thru it and let you know how it went.

Got the SP01 back today and hit the indoor range.

I ran 25 rounds at 30 feet and 5 rounds at 50 feet. This is from a standing two hand hold. No problems with feeding or setting the primers off with the slicked up action job Angus did(btw, did have problems with setting off the 115gr metal cased primers)post-2563-1142975032.jpgpost-2563-1142975047.jpgpost-2563-1142975062.jpgpost-2563-1142975075.jpg

The flyer was all me :D

I use Remington UMC 115 gr. It has made PF in the 130-132 range everytime. It's plenty accurate for this and can normally be had pretty cheap. I normally pick up the 250 rd packs for $26-28 and the 50's are normally under $6.

Man, am I glad to read this. Everyone else is shooting WWB here, and I was shooting UMC 250 box. I don't have a chrono, so was a little concerned about pf. I also though I might be missing out on better ammo. I did noticed the OAL was a tad shorter too, but its never jammed in my glock 34 and accuracy is fairly decent.

OTOH, the more I read, the more I hear the 147 gr rounds are softer shooting. I might have to try that out after a winter of reloading.

But for now... I think the time is better spent on just getting classified :D , and getting my basic skills mastered.