Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

excess unburnt powder in the chamber

yekcoh

5 hours ago, Intel6 said:

Why do you think Vit N320 is green. 

Is that a new thing?  I've been using N320 since they started importing it 20+ years ago, and never seen green powder.

Either use a stronger recoil spring (10 lb or up), change powder or use hotter primers.

The yellow cornmeal does not seem to build up past a certain point.

Weak recoil springs definitely lead to feeding jams.

Either use a stronger recoil spring (10 lb or up), change powder or use hotter primers.

Edited by jim vaughan
delete double post

3 hours ago, jim vaughan said:

10 lb recoil spring in an open gun is terrible.  I run mine on a 7 lb variable and it shoots way better than with a heavier spring.

To follow up.  Went out and poured a capful of N320 out of my open jug for folks who have never used it. Not sure what to say about others who use N320 and it is not green?

20240403_103259.thumb.jpg.c6fbf2981e0391611da771bde2fb1294.jpg

11 hours ago, Intel6 said:

To follow up.  Went out and poured a capful of N320 out of my open jug for folks who have never used it. Not sure what to say about others who use N320 and it is not green?

20240403_103259.thumb.jpg.c6fbf2981e0391611da771bde2fb1294.jpg

So is the dress white and gold or black and blue?  That powder looks just like my jug of N320, graphite (grey).

https://abc7ny.com/the-dress-white-and-gold-black-blue-how-did-get-started/536801/

Nolan

On 4/2/2024 at 1:53 PM, Maximis228 said:

AA7 is known to be a VERY dirty load due to burned/unburned gun powder getting everywhere. Ive seen charge weight as low as 9.0 for a 124 and as high as 11 for a 115 using AA7. 

IMO its not a great powder for 9 major. But I also think WAC is perfect for 9 major. Many people call me crazy. 

I think AA7 is the best thing since sliced bread for 9 major, and I also think WAC is stupid. You and I have discussed it before, lol. 

SW Major Pistol was a slightly different version of AA7, but loaded and shot essentially the same. I use AA7 exclusively for 9 major these days, since you can't get SW MP. usually around 9.6-9.8 grains for me in my KKM 5.0" OAL barrels with 2 medium holes.