Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

929 brass and moons combo

Tk .040 with rp brass.

I also use .040 rev supply with same rp headstamp because they can be hand loaded without a tool and are snug enough that they work fine for me.   This cuts down on the admin time/prep...

I just bought a 929 a couple of months ago, so my setup was built from scratch. New Remington brass, factory primed for now and I bought some Federal small pistol primers for the future. The 160gr Bayou's at .358 that I saw recommended here and they have shot very well. VV 320, I had on hand. For moon clips I bought the Ez moon clips, the polymer ones. They have worked fine and have held the brass as tight as the clips that came with the gun. I installed the Apex hammer and have had no miss fires with the pull set at 7.5 pounds,at 6.5 I would get a misfire on occasion but still not often. This gun has been really fun to shoot. I have not even owned a revolver for probably 40 years but our club in Kingman, AZ is hosting a WRC match in November and I thought I should have something to shoot for the match. I learned a lot on this forum and appreciate all the information people have contributed here.

9 minutes ago, babue said:

our club in Kingman, AZ is hosting a WRC match in November

Tell me more !! Is it on Practiscore? What's the name of the club? What's dates?

15 minutes ago, babue said:

OK, I thought it had been posted but we are still getting Practiscore setup to take the registration. November 14-16 I think are the days for shooting the match, setup starts a couple of days before that. Mohave Sportsmans Club, KIngman, AZ.

https://mohavesportsmanclub.org/calendar.html  

I will check and see how things are going with Practiscore but the dates are set.

Just checked, watch Practiscore or WRCs web page & Facebook in about a month, registration should be setup by then.

On 3/27/2024 at 2:46 PM, babue said:

Just checked, watch Practiscore or WRCs web page & Facebook in about a month, registration should be setup by then.

Cool, can you post when it's live?

On 3/27/2024 at 2:46 PM, babue said:

A Kingman WRC event would be fun, and not too far away.

2 minutes ago, Speedwagon said:

Winchester brass with TK .04" moons. I tried FC brass but every once in a while a round wouldn't stick very well and fall out.

I think the real take-away is you need to know what works in YOUR gun. My gun won't turn with a .040 in there.

On 4/12/2024 at 8:51 PM, ysrracer said:

I think the real take-away is you need to know what works in YOUR gun. My gun won't turn with a .040 in there.

That's interesting that the same model gun won't work with the same setup. I get that there can be differences in manufacturing and assembly. I have two 929s and the same setup works in both. I also have a friend that uses the same Winchester and .04 setup and works well for him.

As you said, "what works in your gun".

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/12/2024 at 8:51 PM, ysrracer said:

Yes.

I have 3, one of them will close but will not turn with .040 clips as well. 

I have the tool to fix it but cant be bothered and honestly dont fully appreciate what other problem it might make, so that gun just runs .035's.