Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Stealth Arms Platypus

No, I don’t think so, my second Platty came in 9 weeks. Even if it is accurate, it is so worth it! These pistols are as close as can be to the custom pistols I’ve owned in the past. The really fun part of it is designing something that is your very own. If you don’t want to wait, just check their in stock page daily. Those pistols are mainly all black (and are bought within hours) and can be at your FFL in 2 days. My buddy’s first was one he designed and his second was from their current stock. He loves both of them!

Trigger is excellent. My first gun came in at 2 1/2 lbs. when I ordered my second one I asked for the same trigger weight and they delivered! I did not try to tune it ar all. If you want a lighter trigger, just tell them exactly what you want in the notes with your order. You won’t be disappointed. 

Who’s making holsters for these? You’re running a light, which probably offers many existing options that index off the light. 

Who’s making a holster for a full length dust cover (no rail) and the square trigger guard profile? 🤔 

4 hours ago, bulldog009 said:

Are you seeing any issues with the mags and the metal mag catch? Hearing some rumors that the mag catch is causing issues with the plastic Glock mags. 

It’s a $20 Glock tube. Replace annually, if they’re getting worn by the mag catch. We’re not talking about a $120 MBX mag…

Is the grip angle different? My eyes can't tell. I've been wondering this since I first saw these, and tried to wrap my brain around how a Glock mag would fit into a 1911-esque gun.

On 4/3/2024 at 1:41 PM, Dirty_J said:

Who’s making holsters for these? You’re running a light, which probably offers many existing options that index off the light. 

Who’s making a holster for a full length dust cover (no rail) and the square trigger guard profile? 🤔 

The following two holster styles from Black Scorpion Gear fit the Platypus with full-length dust cover and the square trigger guard:

1. https://www.blackscorpiongear.com/collections/2011-5-w-o-rail-holsters
  2. https://www.blackscorpiongear.com/products/pro-speed-holster-w-magnet

Good Luck and Be Safe!!!

😎

Have no issues with the mag catch wearing causing issues with the mags. The two Platypus groups on Facebook have no posts regarding mag problems. Hope this helps. 

Grip angle is a 1911 grip angle.