Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Atlas Gunworks Big Stick "170 mm" Magazine doesn't fit the IPSC Magazine Gauge ...

StefVanHauwe

IMPORTANT FOR IPSC COMPETITORS OUTSIDE THE U.S.!

- Just got new Atlas Gunworks (AGW) big stick mags for my new open race guns;

- The shop sells the AGW big stick mags as “170mm” mags;

- Since I'm planning to also compete abroad in IPSC Level 3 matches, where equipment checks are common, I preventatively checked the mags in the DAA IPSC Magazine Gauge;

- The AGW big stick mag actually fits the USPSA Mag Gauge (=171,25 mm), BUT it does NOT fit the IPSC Magazine Gauge (=170mm);

- I tried to grind ~1mm off from 1 original AGW base plate: NOT OK, the plate is too thin;

- Got in touch with the shop and they stated AGW sold them the big stick mags as "170mm" mags and they were NOT aware that the mags do not fit the IPSC Mag Gauge. They too checked it and came to the same conclusion. They would get in touch with AGW.

- They also tried out other base pads on the AGW big stick mag, i.e. the TTI 3mm base pad, which installed on the AGW big stick mag does fit into the IPSC Mag Gauge. I ordered some to test.

- More to come ...

agw.jpg

Edited by StefVanHauwe
Forgot picture

17 hours ago, Maximis228 said:

Not Shocking that a USA MFG makes 171.25 mags. Lame they sold them internationally as "170". Hope they at least give you a refund. 

They gave me an honest reduction on the TTI base pads. I asked them to change the description on their website so other custumers are well informed upon purchase.

15 hours ago, yigal said:

I would not want to destroy a good  mag.  instead I would  grind  the IPSC  mag Gauge .😉

Wouldn't it be nice that IPSC and USPSA actually had the same standards for these type of things. I vote vor the USPSA standard 😉 

2 hours ago, zdali said:

TTI 3mm pads will fit the IPSC gauge.

Correct

What is the lenght without baspad ?

but the tube in the ipsc mag gauge and use some china to se what thikness is Max.

have a few of these tubes as well. Was planing to test the SVI baspads. But not in stock, complete svi magasines was so I ended up with a few of these as well.

dont have a ipsc mag gauge. 

possible that you Check.

IMG_7301.jpeg

On 1/17/2024 at 9:03 AM, StefVanHauwe said:

Wouldn't it be nice that IPSC and USPSA actually had the same standards for these type of things. I vote vor the USPSA standard 😉 

Correct

I'd rather not... since you just voted yourself into possession of illegal magazines...
Belgium law clearly states that only IPSC shooters (= active membership) have the right to possess <171mm HG magazines, otherwise you are restricted to 20 round mags for HG.

Regarding the lawmaking and speed and f*#kery lately, I'd rather keep it as is...
Germany already got f*#ked with their HG and PCC magazines...

Edited by DBX1987

2 minutes ago, DBX1987 said:

I'd rather not... since you just voted yourself into possession of illegal magazines...
Belgium law clearly states that only IPSC shooters (= active membership) have the right to possess 170mm HG magazines, otherwise you are restricted to 20 round mags for HG.

Regarding the lawmaking and speed and f*#kery lately, I'd rather keep it as is...
Germany already got f*#ked with their HG and PCC magazines...

Also true

On 1/17/2024 at 10:03 PM, 748r_bb155 said:

What is the lenght without baspad ?

but the tube in the ipsc mag gauge and use some china to se what thikness is Max.

have a few of these tubes as well. Was planing to test the SVI baspads. But not in stock, complete svi magasines was so I ended up with a few of these as well.

dont have a ipsc mag gauge. 

possible that you Check.

IMG_7301.jpeg

I'll check this weekend.

3 hours ago, TRPOperator said:

AGW 170 mags come from factory with 4mm basepad. If you go to a 3mm TTI basepad they should make either gauge. The 4mm will only make uspsa gauge. 

Yep, thanks. I ordered the TTI 3mm base plates. Awaiting them in the upcoming days. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/24/2024 at 2:32 PM, kaseyj5056 said:

As stated above, ordering the other basepads will work. Ive never had a Chrono officer even gauge my open mags 

I have seen a close friend shoot for no score cuz his open 170mm mag didn’t fit the gauge similarly as depicted above. It was not an Atlas mag. This happened at Dragons Cup 2023…

On 1/24/2024 at 12:32 PM, kaseyj5056 said:

As stated above, ordering the other basepads will work. Ive never had a Chrono officer even gauge my open mags 

I've seen two people bumped to no score because their big sticks didn't gauge.