Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

USPSA Survey moving production to 15 rounds.

stick

5 hours ago, IHAVEGAS said:

. . . . . my guess is that those two know how single stack works. 

At the World Shoot in France, two each of the US team shot Minor and two Major intentionally to have the best chances (gun permits were required so harder to bring 4 each).   A Major shooter won that match by less than the points the 2nd place shooter would have gained if they'd shot Major.

I shot Minor and there were scant few times it was the way to go.  The 11-round stage was an empty-gun start, for example.

Local matches have different dynamics.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 9/11/2023 at 10:04 AM, Makicjf said:

If they went to 17 rounds, you'd essentially have lim minor;  you could clear 2 arrays with one left in the mag and your barney.  Most "production" pistols either ship with or have available 17+ rounders:  is uspsa reaching for 15 to establish parity with IPSC?   IMO, 17 ( or even 140's) could breathe a lot of life into production, 15, via my stage calculus, does not expand stage plan options nearly as much as 17.

If they are going to change, why not change to match most production gun mag capacities (at minimum) and  fill production with all the lim minor shooters lurking in Limited?

Jason

Glock 19 my man. I know there's a ton of other options for cap limits, but at least 15 will keep Production off life support and put the nail in the coffin for Limited locally. The 6-10 people that shoot IPSC regularly will also be somewhat happy. 

With Limited dying on the major scene soon due to Carry Optics and Carry Optics(+), I might yet see the death of 40 in my lifetime and that will be a happy day indeed!

I would ask them what’s the vision of these divisions ?
what’s the future look like ?

is it dying because OF the rules ?

is it worth saving . if it is how do get those back that left and attract new competitors 

I would advise them to look into the racing industry on how and why rules are made. 

I think a major reason they're dying because the race courses are set up largely to benefit hicap optics.

Go to a gun store or public shooting range (wear a vest) and see how many guns have optics on them.  It's pretty much the inverse of a USPSA match.

The larger shooting world has not changed significantly since Production (all 10 rounds of it) was a real thing in USPSA.

Way back in the dinosaur-era, I switched from a 13-round Glock to a 10-round .45 because there was no advantage to the extra rounds in the stages of the day.