Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Anyone tried Armanov stainless steel Station One locator for 650?

I have had the Dillon locators get dinged up over the years and not work as well as they did when they were new or low mileage.  This Armanov is a little pricey but it is stainless steel.  I have never bought anything from this company before, experience and opinions welcomed.  
https://www.armanov.com/shop/station-one-locator-for-dillon-xl650-xl750-2284?category=11#attr=1392,1411

Edited by 21 shooter
Spelling

23 minutes ago, 4n2t0 said:

It might not be the opinion you're looking for, but it seems like a complete waste of money to me.

All opinions are welcome.  It could be a waste of money and the folks on this forum are a great source of knowledge on subjects like this. The Dillon locators are aluminum and seem to get dinged up easily or wear quickly.  I have bought a replacement or two from Dillon and they have replaced one free of charge. Im simply looking at long term use.  

I used to load a lot more than I do now, but I have also added a couple more calibers to load for.  Not complaining about Dillon quality just looking for a better option on this particular item. 

Edited by 21 shooter

oops, for some reason I was focused on 1050/1100.

Disregard previous reply.

I do agree for the 650 that station 1 locator is a wear item.

Edited by ddc
Re-wrote response with respect to 650.

When I started smeering a little grease under the locator I reduced issues at station 1. Also keeping the case insert slide clean at the point of contact with the case prevented the cases from being pulled back after being placed in station 1. The lube gets tacky on it over time.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
12 hours ago, Service Desk said:

Hey !.....that looks like mine do. I just give them a quick file and polish....and then load.

Also had to smooth mine with a needle file.  Dillon is sending a replacement as a warranty part.