Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

8” boot to shoot uspsa

mwx40x40

Try Adidas GSG9 police tactical boots that are used by German police and others. I have a pair that worked nicely when I wore them at matches. They are reasonably lightweight and around 8 inches. I think they are available on Amazon and other LE suppliers.

Had a pair of GSG9's and stopped using them. Found that ankle support was actually too good for me and I could not make as fast turns and transitions as I wanted. Maybe because I am taller I tend to lean more than move for a shot.

Edited by Paul B
added

• 3 weeks later...

These Under Armour boots are amazing.  The only downside is due to them being water proof they run a little warm in the summer months.  It is probably the lightest boot you will find for a high ankle support boot.  

I have not experienced any of the negative items in the reviews.  Curious if they did not have a bad run of boots or something, but the boots have only been amazing for me.  Also currently at a great price.  The price is a reflection of the boot has been discontinued, looks like there are only limited sizes left.

https://www.sportsmans.com/footwear-outdoor-casual-men-women-youth/mens-outdoor/hunting-boots/under-armour-mens-cam-hanes-ch1-gore-tex-waterproof-uninsulated-hunting-boots/p/p201473

Edited by Boomstick303

• 2 months later...
On 9/1/2023 at 9:11 PM, mwx40x40 said:

Anybody recommend a lightweight athletic boot for run and gun . I see a lot of ankle height high speed shoes, but have not seen anything with 8” height

I'm a big fan of the Salomon Forces Middy.  I wear them quite a bit at work and during the cooler months at matches.  They have Gortex and non-Gortex models.

8 hours ago, RangerTrace said:

I'm a big fan of the Salomon Forces Middy.  I wear them quite a bit at work and during the cooler months at matches.  They have Gortex and non-Gortex models.

Thanks I like Salomon shoes, and if going 8” I’ll take a look at them. In the meantime I went with the Altra hiker height and I like. But I may still need the additional 8” support and check out theSalomon

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...