Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Thinking about ordering a custom 2011

ColoradoNick

23 minutes ago, Joe4d said:

wow, you guys butt hurt much ?
Buy what ever you want... Wont make you score better compared to others in your class. can save a bunch of money  and still be competitive without a 7k gun.
with new rules favoring 9mm factory ammo, there really isnt much need for super custom guns.

I think you're completely missing the point.

We just want to shoot fun guns.

What do you want to do? 

49 minutes ago, Joe4d said:

Buy what ever you want... Wont make you score better compared to others in your class. can save a bunch of money  and still be competitive without a 7k gun.
with new rules favoring 9mm factory ammo, there really isnt much need for super custom guns.

What does “need” have to do with anything.   Why not, just because someone likes it, Or wants to.    🙄 

26 minutes ago, ddc said:

I think you're completely missing the point.

We just want to shoot fun guns.

What do you want to do? 

I think he wants to not shoot USPSA yet consistently complain about USPSA 🤣🤣

53 minutes ago, Joe4d said:

I don't understand how wanting to buy a sweet blaster makes somebody butt hurt. 

Seems like the guy who's offended that somebody wants to buy a sweet blaster is the one whose butt hurts🤣🤣

Maybe you need a little preparation h?🤣🤣

Yeah I'm under no illusion that having a custom 2011 is going to make me a better shooter. Maybe at best will boost my match performance by 1-2% vs. the Tanfoglio I'm shooting now

That being said, will I be more excited and enjoy shooting a match with a custom 2011 built to my spec? You bet. If anything, I'll be more likely to want to take a custom gun out of the safe and dryfire, which will probably actually be what ends up contributing the most to making me a better shooter. 

Once again people b!t(hing about what other people want to shoot.  I will never understand why people care so much about what other people are doing.  

Once again, why shouldn't there be a division where 2011 SA guns can shoot minor on equal footing?  You don't like it or can't afford certain guns then you have CO, or shoot LO and take pride in beating this crap out of people shooting 2011s.  Sounds like a win win for everyone involved.  

People do things in hobbies because they can.  I am under no illusion I am a better shooter with my LO gun.  In fact me LO classification is in the gutter because I am not used to the platform yet.  Up until this point I do not have many round on a gun where I was required to used a safety so that brings in all kinds of manual of arms issues.  I shoot better with my CO gun because I have been shooting them for three years.  Sounds Familiar?  You shoot well with the gear you practice and shoot with.  It's called proficiency.  I am sure there will come a time when my proficiency with a 2011 will be better than that of my CO gun. Until then I am having a blast shooting my favorite type of gun. From the looks of it I am not the only one.

Have fun shooting you plastic fantastic.  Because NO ONE cares what you are shooting.

Edited by Boomstick303

5 hours ago, Joe4d said:

You sound butthurt… 

im in the same boat as boomstick. I shoot my shadow 2 very well compared to my dwx. There’s something about the platform that interests me though. I have about 1200 rounds through it now vs about 15k through the shadow 2 platform. Both are fun. Right now I’m enjoying LO. 

Edited by ColoradoNick

On 8/22/2023 at 11:07 PM, Boomstick303 said:

I am under no illusion I am a better shooter with my LO gun.  In fact me LO classification is in the gutter because I am not used to the platform yet.  Up until this point I do not have many round on a gun where I was required to used a safety so that brings in all kinds of manual of arms issues.  I shoot better with my CO gun because I have been shooting them for three years.  Sounds Familiar?  You shoot well with the gear you practice and shoot with.  It's called proficiency.  I am sure there will come a time when my proficiency with a 2011 will be better than that of my CO gun. Until then I am having a blast shooting my favorite type of gun. From the looks of it I am not the only one.

Glad to see that I'm not the only one! I shot mostly 1911s before I started to compete three years ago and love the platform. Before the X5 I shot a Sig P226 SAO in IDPA and was used to the safety. At this point I'm mostly interested in USPSA I need to iron out some other things with my Titan like no slidelock with the thumbrest slidelock, mag adjustment, holster issues and making power factor. With a major match coming up this weekend I decided to stay with the X5 but plan on moving forward next week. 

I'm just a retired older high C shooter that's been shooting USPSA for a couple years and really enjoying it. Yea, and as an older shooter...love ICORE too!

Happy shootin!

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/26/2023 at 12:46 PM, RobE1010 said:

You may want to consider looking at the MPA DS9 options as well as Deep River Customs various offerings.

yes i agree. i think the barrier to entry is lower with the mpa, deep river, and even prodigy (with upgrades) and you get 95% performance of the $5k+ guns.

i think these guns are going to give you the highest $/performance.

sidenote, i do think CO and LO should merge. to me there is not enough of a performance benefit, it shouldnt be a separate division. give an A class guy a CO shadow 2 and a B class guy a 2011, the A class guy is still going to win

On 8/27/2023 at 6:12 PM, motosapiens said:

buying guns has never been about need.

factory ammo is still objectively worse than handloads, btw.

yes tailoring your handloads to your gun is the way. also, if you are good about qc, yours will be more consistent/reliable.

One of these Thursday night practice matches I’m going to register in the Limited division and shoot my first Limited gun - a G22 with a 40-to-9 conversion barrel.  I don’t even have $1,000 into that gun and I’m curious how I’ll do compared to how I’ve done with the Atlas Nemesis.  I found the Glock to be much more shootable than I’d anticipated and it’s overdue for an outing.

Im in a weird space with this.  I probably wont shoot LO but I love a sick 2011 w/ slide optic.  Part of me is saying go big or go home.  But my wallet is say buy a prodigy and just upgrade over time.  Im thinking of D2 but Im not sure he does island barrels.  Candy mountain looks really cool but I havent seen a finished one yet.  Or just stick to my shadow 2.  

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/22/2023 at 2:35 AM, Dfehr401 said:

Im in a weird space with this.  I probably wont shoot LO but I love a sick 2011 w/ slide optic.  Part of me is saying go big or go home.  But my wallet is say buy a prodigy and just upgrade over time.  Im thinking of D2 but Im not sure he does island barrels.  Candy mountain looks really cool but I havent seen a finished one yet.  Or just stick to my shadow 2.  

Idk that I'd do a prodigy, the ones I've handled are kinda dogs#!t. If you're wanting to go a 2011 route I'd look around for a used sti 9mm, as much as I enjoy the 2011 platform I always find my way back to the cz family

• 2 weeks later...

The desire to own higher end guns isn’t necessarily driven by the idea that we’ll score better with them.  We’re on this earth but a short time and the itch to experience the finer things is common to many.  There is some satisfaction in making a good showing with a less expensive gun, knowing your shooting skill is what really did the job, but it’s also satisfying to shoot a gun that makes exercising your skill easier and more enjoyable.

On 9/30/2023 at 3:25 PM, Runswithwood1 said:

Idk that I'd do a prodigy, the ones I've handled are kinda dogs#!t. If you're wanting to go a 2011 route I'd look around for a used sti 9mm, as much as I enjoy the 2011 platform I always find my way back to the cz family

I hear that. I went back to my Shadow 2 from the DWX and couldn’t be happier 👍