Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Crows and how to get rid of them in city

Ok, so we live in the city, my wife and I HATE crows…. I’m a county guy who’s used to just obliterating them with a 12ga. I’m an avid reloaded and have also reloaded for 37mm flare launchers. 

my wife wants to come up with a launcher to launch compressed grass or sand etc to get them to f*ck off. 

anyone here have any XP in getting the crows to leave without the use of traditional firearms. (My city won’t even let me use a pellet gun within limits smh) 

• 2 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, LordManHammer said:

Crows are protected nationally under the Migratory Bird Treaty Act.  Enforced by U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service.  Unless they’re acting your livestock proceed at your own risk.

They may be protected under the Migratory bird treaty, but it is not illegal to shoot them, provided they are in season, and you have the proper hunting license, if required. In Florida, no license is required. Most other states have similar regulations.

Screenshot_20230816-072424_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20230816-072454_Chrome.jpg

get a lb of dry corn, probably use popcorn as use can get a small amount. ,  throw it in a pan and cover with water,, add a pinch of yeast  let it sit 4 or 5 days some where warm. 
Sprinkle it out around said tree.
Not sure if they get drunk and cant fly, or get hungover, or what but they eat it and dont come back.
Crows would pull the baby corn shoots out of the ground to eat the kernal,, so we would do this about right before the corn sprouted.

A good hose nozzle works well to blast roosting birds out of trees in the city.  We're overrun by mourning doves crapping on everything and it's pretty funny when they start flying by reflex before the brain wakes up at night.