Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

The A8 election wasn't surprising, and it seems to me like Ben Berry is probably winning A6. I'm cool with that. 

YML being the front runner for President seems odd. I thought he didn't get his RO certification back and that's why he's not president now. Can he even become president if he wins? 

56 minutes ago, Racinready300ex said:

The A8 election wasn't surprising, and it seems to me like Ben Berry is probably winning A6. I'm cool with that. 

YML being the front runner for President seems odd. I thought he didn't get his RO certification back and that's why he's not president now. Can he even become president if he wins? 

He can run without RO cert but has to have it to take office and the BOD can vote to reinstate or allow him to get RO cert by Dec 31 if I understand the situation correctly. 

4 hours ago, Racinready300ex said:

What about this election makes you think that? I'm assuming you must really have issue with some or all of candidates moving forward.

I’ll pm you.👍? I don’t want this to get locked before more folks get to see it.  Russel Fortney is a solid dude though. Congrats to him!!

Edited by Sarge

26 minutes ago, shred said:

I wonder how much of the YML vote was a FU to the BOD by members that have no problem with the president not being a certified RO?

It does seem like an odd requirement since in reality the president should have enough on his plate to be running shooters. He should be the GUY RUNNING NATIONALS. Not JM.

3 hours ago, truespode said:

He can run without RO cert but has to have it to take office and the BOD can vote to reinstate or allow him to get RO cert by Dec 31 if I understand the situation correctly. 

Insanity for BOD to revoke something making him ineligible so he gets canned then runs again and the BOD allows him to get reinstated.

Think of sitting in a room full of non shooters and telling that story. They would be like WTF? 
If you have to be an RO then it should be required to run again. 

57 minutes ago, shred said:

I wonder how much of the YML vote was a FU to the BOD by members that have no problem with the president not being a certified RO?

It definitely should be seen as a message from members as to what they thought of YML being removed. 

And if Yee Min wins the runoff and the board blocks his re-certification, there will be another election aaannnnddd, I would hope the Yee Min runs again...and wins....aaannnndddd GROUND HOG DAY!

Nolan

3 minutes ago, Codename46 said:

I will continue to vote YML haha

I will. 

One thing I am interested in if YML wins is if LO will recuse himself regarding the RO vote for YML. Since LO would be in a position at that point to get the Presidency if the vote goes against YML there is a conflict of interest and if LO doesn't recuse himself I think that would be bad form at the very least.

1 minute ago, BritinUSA said:

A no-vote is an endorsement of the status quo.

That isn't true at all. Well over half of USPSA members don't care about HQ. They show up to a few locals per year and that's it. This is very obvious when talking to people at matches. This sport has MASSIVE turn over every 5-7 years. The vast majority of people I started with are long gone (2014). 

4 hours ago, BritinUSA said:

If you are happy with the direction of USPSA then vote for the incumbent, if you are unhappy then you have nothing to lose by voting for the outsider.

A no-vote is an endorsement of the status quo.

Strongly disagree. For one thing there is no incumbent. As for the outsider from my personal interaction with him I can’t vote for him.