Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Where to have ST Eagle 5.0 milled for an RDS?

mreed911

I see several places on the internet - anyone have recommendations vs. google searches for places that do a good job milling STI Eagles for RDS's?  Likely an RMR cut for the new Holosun competition optic, which I understand will require a milling + plate solution because of the slide width.

Is CHPWS the default provider here at about $250 for a plate solution?  Someone else?  Dawson wants $600 for DPO milling.  Will Staccato still do this directly?

I am checking with Springer Precision to get my 2011 done. I want one that's not on their list waiting on response now. I am like you Googled and looked at a bunch of places.

17 hours ago, DesertTortoise said:

DSC gunworks has no wait time and will get it back to you in a week or two. It's about $200 plus cost of the plate or you can supply your own plate. 

He does really nice work.

8 hours ago, stick said:

Not sure if they do Eagles, but I just got one back from DP Custom works.  Doug mills the slide and you don't need a plate. I would call him and see if he does Eagles.

23 minutes ago, RobE1010 said:

Check with Art @ Axiom Custom Guns in Wesley Chapel, FL. They do phenomenal work with a 7 day or less turnaround for their direct optic mount cuts. Tell them Rob sent you!

Thanks, all, this gives me some options to reach out to.  I don't expect the Eagle will have the slide width for an RMR cut without a plate but I'm okay with that.  I'll start doing my homework on these three.

16 hours ago, stick said:

Not sure if they do Eagles, but I just got one back from DP Custom works.  Doug mills the slide and you don't need a plate. I would call him and see if he does Eagles.

No 1911/2011's, but quick feedback and a referral to Impact Machine.

5 hours ago, jjbolling said:

C&H Precision CHPWS does great work and they have several mounting plates to fit most all footprints. They also agreed to make a custom mounting plate for my 1911 to fit the Sig Romeo Max/XL.

I've seen their stuff... I'll check them out.

2 hours ago, Kilrb said:

DSC Is doing my 2011

One of my co-workers has a Staccato done by them and it looks great.  Just saw him yesterday and he's very happy with their work.  I think one of my Cheely pistols is going to head their way before too long.

2 hours ago, RangerTrace said:

One of my co-workers has a Staccato done by them and it looks great.  Just saw him yesterday and he's very happy with their work.  I think one of my Cheely pistols is going to head their way before too long.

He has better pricing and turnaround time better than anyone I checked with. Everyone was 4 weeks plus I was given one week from him.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Any updates?  I have what is essentially a 9mm STI Eagle only the slide was tri-topped.  Rear dovetail is a Bomar cut.  

I looked on DSC’s website, and they did say the Atlas GW optic cut is compatible with slides already cut with the Bomar/LPA dovetail.  Anybody do this and have pics?  

Being that this is for a comp gun, rear sight (or front for that matter) is not needed IMO.  

No update from me, but after some work done on a Glock 22C, I'd have no problems sending it back to Green Tick Tactical to do.

https://greenticktactical.com/products/1911-optic-cuts

I ended up getting a matching .40, so I have a matched pair of 9mm/.40 cal Eagles now.  Not sure I'm actually going to mill one anymore.