Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

P320 triggers

tbev

I have been thinking about swapping out my x5 legions trigger for something with a little less travel and creep. Sig armorer put out a really good test video on triggers and the Keres product looks really attractive. But I suspect they have gone out of business, 6 months their centurion trigger has not come back in stock and I’ve not been able to get in contact with them. 

Any other triggers that people have good experiences with? It seems you can get a lot of improvement for your money vs sending the FCU to sig armorer with a check half the size of my gun. 

not knocking paying good money for good work, but I ain’t winning matches, I’m just having fun and would like a little improvement. 

Sig Armorer sells his kit if you want to DIY.    A local shooter has one and they are sweet (although he sent his away to get it done).   Gray Guns trigger upgrade is pretty popular.   I have two of them installed and like them.   Side by side, the Sig Armorer version seems crisper and has less reset distance when dry firing, but in reality for me, I doubt I'd tell the difference between the two after the buzzer goes off.

Edited by LMS

Grayguns is a huge improvement over stock while retaining all the safeties.   I bet the SA trigger feels lighter/shorter, but it might not be safe, based on what I've read.  With that said, I've also read that Max runs SA triggers.  GGI also has National level shooters like Mason Lane and Lockwood himself....  

I have a GG comp kit on its own and it is a great improvement over stock. I have another that had the GG kit then sent to Sig armorer which has a slight improvement over the GG kit. I also have a GG kit with a Armory craft trigger sent to SA. My next one will be straight to Sig armorer with AC trigger.

I have not done any with the SA kit yet. For a little more then the price of the kit you can send it in and have a little fine tuning done. the only downside is you dont get the extra springs to tune yourself. But in reality I wouldnt likely feel the need to move away from his tuning.

I think either the GG kit or SA kit will show the most marked improvement. Super fine tuning may give you a small improvement over either but not nearly as much as dropping either kit in.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 12/1/2023 at 7:52 PM, fedupflyer said:

I have the Sig Armorer's trigger install by them,

the Grays Gun's trigger installed by them

and the Apex trigger installed by me.

I think the Sig Armorer's is the best of the 3.

Agree.  Prefer the SA.

• 1 month later...

I had two X5 Legions, started with Grey Guns Competition trigger systems in them. I tried the SA Competition trigger system in one and liked it much better and installed one in the other too. I liked the SA system much more. I did all of the installations myself. 

• 4 months later...
On 2/8/2024 at 4:31 PM, Speedwagon said:

I had two X5 Legions, started with Grey Guns Competition trigger systems in them. I tried the SA Competition trigger system in one and liked it much better and installed one in the other too. I liked the SA system much more. I did all of the installations myself. 

What is it about the SA trigger that you like over the GrayGuns trigger?

• 1 month later...

Just to close things out. Ended up with the grey gun trigger. I like it a lot. The reset is the big upgrade to me. I wish there was less creep but I suppose there must be concessions for safety with a striker fire gun. 

How easy is it to install the Gray Guns competition trigger kit?  About how long does it take?

Are you guys also replacing the trigger return spring?  It would seem to me (as a Glock guy) that you would not want to lighten the trigger return spring because it would slow down the trigger reset. 

Im asking because I just got their kit for my 320Max and am wondering which set of springs to start with. Also looking for decent install video. 

Edited by Cuz

6 hours ago, Cuz said:

How easy is it to install the Gray Guns competition trigger kit?  About how long does it take?

Are you guys also replacing the trigger return spring?  It would seem to me (as a Glock guy) that you would not want to lighten the trigger return spring because it would slow down the trigger reset. 

Im asking because I just got their kit for my 320Max and am wondering which set of springs to start with. Also looking for decent install video. 

I didn’t use the gg trigger kit but used the apex bar on mine and the spring kit and trigger from armorycraft.  I did try a :10% return spring and it felt sloppy and sluggish I ended up using a +10% return spring for a quicker return.  The stock spring or +10 is what I will use for my Sig P320’s on the return spring.  In my opinion.

8 hours ago, tbev said:

Just to close things out. Ended up with the grey gun trigger. I like it a lot. The reset is the big upgrade to me. I wish there was less creep but I suppose there must be concessions for safety with a striker fire gun. 

Ahh s#!t just seen this thread today I was gona Suggest using mcarbo adjustable trigger it's Leaps and bounds overstock. Sold in April to a buddy to free up cash for a 2011 

Ok, how the hell do you get this GG trigger installed???

it simply won’t fit one the trigger bar at the forward angle it needs to be in order to go onto the FCU. The lip of the trigger interferes with the bar if the trigger return spring is installed. I’ve watched a handful of videos, but none of them are for the newer GG trigger. Best I can figure, you have to install the trigger and trigger bar BEFORE connecting the trigger return spring.

Can anyone confirm this?  

After more messing around, it appears that is the only way it goes on. I was able to install the trigger and bar, then hook the spring onto the FCU, then slip it into the end of the trigger bar. It was a pain, and now I’m thinking I’ll want to swap out the competition return spring for the intermediate or put the stock one back to get a faster return. But, I’ll wait until after a few range sessions to make that decision. 

Edited by Cuz

On 7/23/2024 at 6:56 PM, Cuz said:

Ok, how the hell do you get this GG trigger installed???

it simply won’t fit one the trigger bar at the forward angle it needs to be in order to go onto the FCU. The lip of the trigger interferes with the bar if the trigger return spring is installed. I’ve watched a handful of videos, but none of them are for the newer GG trigger. Best I can figure, you have to install the trigger and trigger bar BEFORE connecting the trigger return spring.

Can anyone confirm this?  

After more messing around, it appears that is the only way it goes on. I was able to install the trigger and bar, then hook the spring onto the FCU, then slip it into the end of the trigger bar. It was a pain, and now I’m thinking I’ll want to swap out the competition return spring for the intermediate or put the stock one back to get a faster return. But, I’ll wait until after a few range sessions to make that decision. 

The GG kit needs exactly what you did. Install the trigger and bar, then the spring. I found it easiest to install the spring in the FCU, the use some needle nose pliers to hook the spring into the trigger bar. 

I assume GG does this to shorten the pre travel. 

My biggest complaint about 320 triggers is there's no wall, can't stage it. Just pull and pull and sooner or later is goes bang. Wonder if any of the aftermarket triggers addresses that.

On 7/25/2024 at 12:33 AM, Rich406 said:

The GG kit needs exactly what you did. Install the trigger and bar, then the spring. I found it easiest to install the spring in the FCU, the use some needle nose pliers to hook the spring into the trigger bar. 

I assume GG does this to shorten the pre travel. 

Ditto, instead of the needle nose I use a small flathead with a groove cut into it to hook the spring 

6 hours ago, Noreaster said:

Ditto, instead of the needle nose I use a small flathead with a groove cut into it to hook the spring 

Where do you cut the groove. Not sure I understand how this would work. 

• 2 weeks later...