Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Rocky Mountain 3 Gun

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your honor,

This is heresay and speculation. We demand strict proof!

NAME.......... you chicken.

I don't see what that has to do with anything...

Are you guys gonna restrict my entry? Are the RO's gonna go through with KurtM's promise to treat me like D'Agostino?

I'd be crazy to tell you my name. I'd drive 100's of miles to go to Raton and be ambushed by the RO's.

Your honor,

This is heresay and speculation. We demand strict proof!

NAME.......... you chicken.

I don't see what that has to do with anything...

Are you guys gonna restrict my entry? Are the RO's gonna go through with KurtM's promise to treat me like D'Agostino?

I'd be crazy to tell you my name. I'd drive 100's of miles to go to Raton and be ambushed by the RO's.

Religioius Man (woman?)

Yea, we are known for that just ask anyone who has shot with us, LOL! That is why everyone wants to shoot the match. They know we will do everything in our power to give them the short end of the stick. Right............

My name is Guy Hawkins................................

Edited by gl

I too would like to know about an optic for heavy metal/ he-man. Of course I'm still bitter .45 GAP was allowed but 10mm wasn't. ;) I do think carrying the pistol through out the match is a good thing!! Less of a game and more "tactical"

Pinkerton OUT!

Edited by Pinkerton

• 2 weeks later...

We have experienced a turnover in some match staff and our web master but are finally catching up. The website is up and running at this time. rm3g.com The 2006 match is set up for August 24 - 26th 2006 and no rule changes have been made at this time. We will be looking at rule changes this spring but none have been made yet and the dates have not been changed yet either.

The match application is currently on the website and we are accepting them at this time.

We hope to see all of you there.

Due to lagging interest we will probably not have a side match for bolt guns but the rest of the match should be the same in nature.

I am an accountant so I may be a little slow responding to Emails during tax season but I will get them returned and match acceptance responses done as soon as possible. We will get the website and other items updated this spring.

Thanks for the input.

Steve Hulet

Treasurer

RM3G

I say enough speculation on rules and intent, let's hear from the match directors them selves, like Blain or Mike Fields. What is up and where is the web site? KURTM

Hi Kurt, we lost our website help and I have been forced to take it over and learn how to handle it. Not a good time of the year for me but I have it up and running. We will not have any changes to the rules or dates without meeting as a group this spring after tax season is over. Sorry I can't just snap my fingers and get it up but it's all new to me and I'm learning as I go.

Steve Hulet

How come this shoot has a maximum barrel length of 22 inches in tactical class? No other 3 gun shoots I can find do so. I only ask because I shoot a Beretta Xtrema 2 with a 26" barrel & a 22" barrel simply isn't available. The shortest is a 24" & that at the hefty price of $495!! :blink::blink:

I know I could shoot open class but then I'd have to have a comp on my handgun & a speedloader for the shotgun & all that jazz. I'm new to 3 gun & I use the Xtrema for hunting & with the mag tube extension for 3 gun. Maybe you guys could give some thought to this as surely it's the mag capacity that's key to the class rather than the length of the barrel? After all, you want to see the sport grow right?

I guess I'll enter first & see what happens, might have to rework an old Remington 1100 I have in the safe..... :unsure:

Due to lagging interest we will probably not have a side match for bolt guns but the rest of the match should be the same in nature.

I would hope the side match would continue as several of us would like to try. Looking forward to another great match this year.

+ another, planned to shoot it last year but the infamous scope massacre necessitated the scope come off the bolt gun and on to Garrett's AR so he could finish the match. Besides I'll be out there for the team match and should have really good scope dope and might be able to hit those little suckers.

+ another, planned to shoot it last year but the infamous scope massacre necessitated the scope come off the bolt gun and on to Garrett's AR so he could finish the match. Besides I'll be out there for the team match and should have really good scope dope and might be able to hit those little suckers.

Bronco.......what in the hell are you talking about "scope massacre"........that was a LASER GUIDED TARGETED STRIKE! :D

Edited by Helmut

Rocky Mountain 3 Gun match appliations are out on our website and we are currently accepting them. Originally we were expectring to start accepting them in late April and Early May but concerns about vacations and travel timing issues convinced us to accept them earlier.

As far as rules are concerned, no changes have been amde yet. Afer the 2005 match we had discussions and asked a number of shooters about thoughts for future matches including, "open" classifiaction, scopes in He-man, shotgun barrel length, competitors carrying pistols on each stage. No decisions have been made on any of these yet and we will let you know if and when they do change. I expect to know in early May. We will not have any extended meetings until then. I will conitnue to monitor the thoughts in this forum and express these concerns to the rest of the staff and ROs. As far as I know we have not had any discussions about all competitors carrying loaded pistols during the entire match. You may have to carry one on any specific stage. Even the open shooters we discussed the carry on all stages concept with thought we should decide what we watned and let them find the solution.

My personal opinion on our ROS is they have a very tough job to do and I believe they do it as well or better than anyone. Our match tends to have a little more of the old SOF attitute in its management since we are all old SOF shooters but that's the type of match it is. We understand it is not for everyone.

We hope to see you all there in August and you can decide for yourselves if you like the match or not.

Thanks and be safe.

Steve Hulet

My app is on the way and I can't wait to shoot it. Sounds like a great time, this will be my first BIG 3gun match. BTW anyone in the Phoenix area want to carpool? I'm to poor to fly so I am makin the drive.......Also anyone have any recommendations on where to stay?

Where Raton is, its easier to drive from phx, we all(CAV) did it last year and it wasnt bad, we took turns between 3 of us, i think it was like 10-11 hours. Not sure if we are shooting it this year, we have 2 other matches in the same month. DPMS in Minn. and the Tactical Rifle match at Raton.

Where Raton is, its easier to drive from phx, we all(CAV) did it last year and it wasnt bad, we took turns between 3 of us, i think it was like 10-11 hours. Not sure if we are shooting it this year, we have 2 other matches in the same month. DPMS in Minn. and the Tactical Rifle match at Raton.

Let me know, I know we have several months till then......

Contact the Whittington Center about a cabin or competitor housing information. Raton, NM is also nearby with plenty of motels.

You will enjoy this match.

Good luck !