Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

​​​​​​​​​​​​​​Limited Optics guns--looking for input please

jt1207

Limited Optics guns 

Thinking about putting together a Limited Optics setup. Started looking at the Prodigy and then wondered about other single-action guns that might work. I established the criteria below, based on the tentative rules for Limited Optics and on my non-gunsmith, non-tinkerer style. 

Criteria
1)    Has to be optic-ready. Meaning, I don’t want to have to send the gun away to have slide cut and recoated, etc. I just want to be able to mount the optic or buy a mounting plate and install.
2)    Has to have a stock trigger I like (~2lbs) or can be easily upgraded to this (i.e., my local gunsmith installs relatively quickly and with zero-to-minor fitting).
3)    Has to accept full 140mm capacity mags.
4)    Has to have/accept magwell. 
5)    Has to be readily available (or close to it) for purchase. This criterion I think excludes custom guns (i.e., Infinity, Venom, Rafferty, Carne, D2, Brazos, etc).
6)    Has to be under $3500 all-in (gun specified the way I want, and five mags) before optic and holster. This criterion again I think excludes custom guns and would also exclude Atlas in-stock pistols.

The result was four pistols that each have little upgrade tweaks that I’d do. Those upgrades add to the cost so I started to think about how these guns compare among each other once I’d have them specified the way I want.

The list below is built so that I’d have the gun and five mags. Three of the mags have to be 140mm, and then the other two could be shorter. For instance, both the Prodigy and Staccato come with two mags (17rd, 20rd) so I’d simply buy three 140mm mags and keep the shorter two for stage-reloads, for a total of five.

Also, I will need an optic on each so I’m treating it like a constant and holding the price equal across the guns. Based on manufacturers’ information, I can get an SRO (or several others) on each of these. I’m also treating the holster as a constant.

1.    Springfield Prodigy 
        a.    Gun, either 4.25" or 5", comes with two (17rd, 20rd) mags (1300)
        b.    Infinity ignition kit for Prodigy (225)
        c.    Atlas trigger (60)
        d.    Atlas tool-less guide rod (65)
        e.    Three Atlas 140mm mags (300)
        f.     Optic adapter plate (90)
        g.    Dawson Precision magwell (70)
        h.    Total cost $2110

2.    Sig P226 X5
        a.    Gun, comes with three 20rd mags (2200)
        b.    Two 17-round Mags (56)
        c.    Three Springer Precision extended basepads to bring to 140mm length (120)
        d.    Total cost $2376    

3.    Masterpiece Arms DS9
        a.    Gun, comes with three 126mm mags (3200) [*comes with 126mm for IDPA but maybe they’d be open to swapping for 140s]
        b.    Two Atlas 140mm mags (200)
        c.    Total cost $3400

4.    Staccato P Optic Ready
        a.    Gun, either steel or aluminum frame, comes with two (17rd, 20rd) mags (2500)
        b.    Infinity Adjustable trigger kit for Staccato (300)
        c.    Three Atlas 140mm Mags (300)
        d.    Optic mounting kit (160)
        e.    Dawson Precision Gen 2 magwell (60)
        f.     Total cost $3320

5.    Others that could also work in the cost range but were excluded based on not being optic-ready: 

a.    Dan Wesson DWX (needs slide cut)

i.      Gun, comes with two mags (1900)
            ii.     Three 19rd mags (150)
            iii.    Three extended basepads (120)
            iv.    Optic cut (200?)
            v.     Trigger work? (200?)
            vi.    Total cost $2570

b.    CZ TS2 (needs slide cut)
            i.      Gun, comes with three 20rd mags (1200)
            ii.     Two 20rd mags (100)
            iii.    Three extended basepads (120)
            iv.    Optic cut (200?)
            v.     (I had a TS2 9mm previously and the trigger was 1.5lbs stock and I liked it)
            vi.    Total cost $1620

c.    BUL SAS II SL (needs slide cut)
            i.      Gun, comes with three 126mm mags (2300)
            ii.     Two BUL 126mm mags (80)
            iii.    Three Taylor Freelance 140mm extended basepads (105)
            iv.    Optic cut (200?), recoat?
            v.     (I had this gun previously (but in 40cal) and the trigger was 1.75lbs stock and I liked it)

vi.    Total cost $2685

Note: There are variants of the CZ TS2 (the TSO) and BUL SAS II (the Radical) that would also fall into the "other" category, where they fit all criteria except for optic-ready.

I would like to ask for input here please: 

1. Is there a gun that fits criteria that I missed? Does this list resemble what you guys are thinking for Limited Optics?

2. What input would you give me here to more inform my decision (i.e., what else would you want me to know)?

Thank you - Iliana

Edited by jt1207

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just because it can be SAO doesn't mean it must be. A Rival, Rival-S or some variant of the 320 are all viable options for less money. And those come with magwells. You could also look at any CZ with a safety to run in SA. Shadow 2 for example. Tanfo Limited master in 9mm is another solid option. Girsan 2311's are supposed to be $1k. (Basically a 2011)

I have a 4" prodigy, easily competitive just tweaking the stock trigger a little add a tool less guide rod and magwell and be done. But, I probably wont use the stock mags I'll stick to other mags I already have and make the stock mags dry fire. 

I have a 4.25 prodigy  so I'm going to keep my comments strictly regarding it. All of the upgrades you have listed you don't really need, after a simple trigger job my gun with factory components has a 2 and 1/4 lb trigger that is really nice. Eventually I might change things if something breaks but at this point I'm going to shoot it till it does.

The optics plates for The prodigy are $60 from Springfield but can be had for about $40 from Brownells

Egw makes a $50 mag well for the gun. I don't know of anybody else making a prodigy specific magwell right now

The 20 round mags are 140 mm. You just change the guts and base pads or probably just the guts and get 23 plus one. No sense spending huge money on Atlas mags 

I know everybody changes the factory guide rod, but it works just fine, you just need an allen wrench to mess with it.

With an SRO, gun, holster, mag holsters and plenty of mags, I'm in at about 2,200 bucks. I do not have a mag well yet however as I'm waiting to see how these rules shake out. If magwells end up being allowed I will just go with an EGW 

Nine is so soft I don't see any reason for a heavier gun, and I like the slide speed of the four and a quarter. I was talking to a gun builder this weekend and he said if he built his own limited optics gun it would be a fairly light rig. He's a solid masterclass shooter in open 

The DWX looks interesting, but as of right now I don't think there's an optics ready version. I would skip any other gun that doesn't use standard 2011 mags, but that's just me. Good luck

10 minutes ago, RJH said:

I have a 4.25 prodigy  so I'm going to keep my comments strictly regarding it. All of the upgrades you have listed you don't really need, after a simple trigger job my gun with factory components has a 2 and 1/4 lb trigger that is really nice. Eventually I might change things if something breaks but at this point I'm going to shoot it till it does.

The optics plates for The prodigy are $60 from Springfield but can be had for about $40 from Brownells

Egw makes a $50 mag well for the gun. I don't know of anybody else making a prodigy specific magwell right now

The 20 round mags are 140 mm. You just change the guts and base pads or probably just the guts and get 23 plus one. No sense spending huge money on Atlas mags 

I know everybody changes the factory guide rod, but it works just fine, you just need an allen wrench to mess with it.

With an SRO, gun, holster, mag holsters and plenty of mags, I'm in at about 2,200 bucks. I do not have a mag well yet however as I'm waiting to see how these rules shake out. If magwells end up being allowed I will just go with an EGW 

Nine is so soft I don't see any reason for a heavier gun, and I like the slide speed of the four and a quarter. I was talking to a gun builder this weekend and he said if he built his own limited optics gun it would be a fairly light rig. He's a solid masterclass shooter in open 

The DWX looks interesting, but as of right now I don't think there's an optics ready version. I would skip any other gun that doesn't use standard 2011 mags, but that's just me. Good luck

Good point, the stock GR is fine. Personally I find them a little annoying lol.

I'm with you and your gun builder, there is no need for these guns to be really heavy. I have a full size, full dust cover bull barrel gun setup that I was able to get down to about 45 oz for IDPA and I think it's to heavy. I wish I'd gone with a bushing barrel to cut weight more. I'm thinking I like the size of the prodigy, 4" and sub 40 oz is a pretty good place to be. 

31 minutes ago, Racinready300ex said:

Just because it can be SAO doesn't mean it must be. A Rival, Rival-S or some variant of the 320 are all viable options for less money. And those come with magwells. You could also look at any CZ with a safety to run in SA. Shadow 2 for example. Tanfo Limited master in 9mm is another solid option. Girsan 2311's are supposed to be $1k. (Basically a 2011)

I have a 4" prodigy, easily competitive just tweaking the stock trigger a little add a tool less guide rod and magwell and be done. But, I probably wont use the stock mags I'll stick to other mags I already have and make the stock mags dry fire. 

Thank you—good point about SAO not being mandatory. My issue would be finding a gun with a non-SAO trigger that I like to shoot as much (or very close) to a SAO. I shot a G19, G45, and P10F last season so I view Limited Optics as an excuse to shoot a gun with a trigger that I really like this season. I’ll do some Enos digging on really good non-SAOs. 

4 minutes ago, jt1207 said:

Thank you—good point about SAO not being mandatory. My issue would be finding a gun with a non-SAO trigger that I like to shoot as much (or very close) to a SAO. I shot a G19, G45, and P10F last season so I view Limited Optics as an excuse to shoot a gun with a trigger that I really like this season. I’ll do some Enos digging on really good non-SAOs. 

Try someone's decked out Rival with a freedom smith trigger. You're not giving up anything to a SAO gun with something like that. 

33 minutes ago, RJH said:

Thank you for the Prodigy input. I’ve found that I like shorter pistols for the gun games so I would also buy the 4.25” version. The only part that has me hesitant is when you said, “after a simple trigger job [on] my gun with factory components” because I wouldn’t do it myself. What would I tell my gunsmith to do to the trigger if I don’t give him parts to install? Do I just ask him to “polish internals” and??

36 minutes ago, scooterj said:

Shooters Connection has a DS9 Hybrid in stock 2799.00

Wait time is next to zero. You’d have to contact MPA to get the sight plate for your chosen optic.  

Thank you! I missed Shooter’s Connection when I was checking prices online. Quite a nice price difference.

5 minutes ago, jt1207 said:

Thank you for the Prodigy input. I’ve found that I like shorter pistols for the gun games so I would also buy the 4.25” version. The only part that has me hesitant is when you said, “after a simple trigger job [on] my gun with factory components” because I wouldn’t do it myself. What would I tell my gunsmith to do to the trigger if I don’t give him parts to install? Do I just ask him to “polish internals” and??

I told my guy, " get it as light and crisp as you feel comfortable with with the components that are in there"

I told him crisp was more important to me than light and a very nice two and a quarter pound trigger is where I ended up. 

I let the guys that do that stuff all of the time make those decisions and I'm generally not disappointed

I would also look at a Shadow 2 with a manual safety and the new Canik Rival S.  Some may turn their nose up at the Canik, but I was highly impressed with the two I've handled and would probably already own one if I had not just had rotator cuff surgery.   

6 minutes ago, jt1207 said:

I'd probably just talk to the smith you use and see what he can do. Not all smiths are created equal. All I did with mine was bend the sear spring, I only wanted 3.5 lbs, I ended up at 3 and called it good. I'm sure I could get in the mid 2's no problem. But there are some things to check to make sure everything is functioning properly. 

7 hours ago, jt1207 said:

Limited Optics guns 

Thinking about putting together a Limited Optics setup. Started looking at the Prodigy and then wondered about other single-action guns that might work. I established the criteria below, based on the tentative rules for Limited Optics and on my non-gunsmith, non-tinkerer style. 

Criteria
1)    Has to be optic-ready. Meaning, I don’t want to have to send the gun away to have slide cut and recoated, etc. I just want to be able to mount the optic or buy a mounting plate and install.
2)    Has to have a stock trigger I like (~2lbs) or can be easily upgraded to this (i.e., my local gunsmith installs relatively quickly and with zero-to-minor fitting).
3)    Has to accept full 140mm capacity mags.
4)    Has to have/accept magwell. 
5)    Has to be readily available (or close to it) for purchase. This criterion I think excludes custom guns (i.e., Infinity, Venom, Rafferty, Carne, D2, Brazos, etc).
6)    Has to be under $3500 all-in (gun specified the way I want, and five mags) before optic and holster. This criterion again I think excludes custom guns and would also exclude Atlas in-stock pistols.

The result was four pistols that each have little upgrade tweaks that I’d do. Those upgrades add to the cost so I started to think about how these guns compare among each other once I’d have them specified the way I want.

The list below is built so that I’d have the gun and five mags. Three of the mags have to be 140mm, and then the other two could be shorter. For instance, both the Prodigy and Staccato come with two mags (17rd, 20rd) so I’d simply buy three 140mm mags and keep the shorter two for stage-reloads, for a total of five.

Also, I will need an optic on each so I’m treating it like a constant and holding the price equal across the guns. Based on manufacturers’ information, I can get an SRO (or several others) on each of these. I’m also treating the holster as a constant.

1.    Springfield Prodigy 
        a.    Gun, either 4.25" or 5", comes with two (17rd, 20rd) mags (1300)
        b.    Infinity ignition kit for Prodigy (225)
        c.    Atlas trigger (60)
        d.    Atlas tool-less guide rod (65)
        e.    Three Atlas 140mm mags (300)
        f.     Optic adapter plate (90)
        g.    Dawson Precision magwell (70)
        h.    Total cost $2110

2.    Sig P226 X5
        a.    Gun, comes with three 20rd mags (2200)
        b.    Two 17-round Mags (56)
        c.    Three Springer Precision extended basepads to bring to 140mm length (120)
        d.    Total cost $2376    

3.    Masterpiece Arms DS9
        a.    Gun, comes with three 126mm mags (3200) [*comes with 126mm for IDPA but maybe they’d be open to swapping for 140s]
        b.    Two Atlas 140mm mags (200)
        c.    Total cost $3400

4.    Staccato P Optic Ready
        a.    Gun, either steel or aluminum frame, comes with two (17rd, 20rd) mags (2500)
        b.    Infinity Adjustable trigger kit for Staccato (300)
        c.    Three Atlas 140mm Mags (300)
        d.    Optic mounting kit (160)
        e.    Dawson Precision Gen 2 magwell (60)
        f.     Total cost $3320

5.    Others that could also work in the cost range but were excluded based on not being optic-ready: 

a.    Dan Wesson DWX (needs slide cut)

i.      Gun, comes with two mags (1900)
            ii.     Three 19rd mags (150)
            iii.    Three extended basepads (120)
            iv.    Optic cut (200?)
            v.     Trigger work? (200?)
            vi.    Total cost $2570

b.    CZ TS2 (needs slide cut)
            i.      Gun, comes with three 20rd mags (1200)
            ii.     Two 20rd mags (100)
            iii.    Three extended basepads (120)
            iv.    Optic cut (200?)
            v.     (I had a TS2 9mm previously and the trigger was 1.5lbs stock and I liked it)
            vi.    Total cost $1620

c.    BUL SAS II SL (needs slide cut)
            i.      Gun, comes with three 126mm mags (2300)
            ii.     Two BUL 126mm mags (80)
            iii.    Three Taylor Freelance 140mm extended basepads (105)
            iv.    Optic cut (200?), recoat?
            v.     (I had this gun previously (but in 40cal) and the trigger was 1.75lbs stock and I liked it)

vi.    Total cost $2685

Note: There are variants of the CZ TS2 (the TSO) and BUL SAS II (the Radical) that would also fall into the "other" category, where they fit all criteria except for optic-ready.

I would like to ask for input here please: 

1. Is there a gun that fits criteria that I missed? Does this list resemble what you guys are thinking for Limited Optics?

2. What input would you give me here to more inform my decision (i.e., what else would you want me to know)?

Thank you - Iliana

Don’t forget to factor in AT LEAST one spare optic. If you go with the good stuff you are looking at around $1200 for two

1 hour ago, Sarge said:

Don’t forget to factor in AT LEAST one spare optic. If you go with the good stuff you are looking at around $1200 for two

If you catch them on sale you can get SROs $900 for two. But I went with screw that idea and left the back up irons on the gun. If mine breaks I'll just shoot limited min or for a few days and/or use the irons to finish out a match. 

Edited by RJH

1 hour ago, Sarge said:

I'm planning on having just one--don't jinx me :)

Out of the options you put there I'd pick the ds9 or the dwx.  For the price the dwx is a great gun, the ergos of a cz with a trigger like a 1911.  It's a great gun, but as you mentioned you'll send it for slide cuts but still be ahead of the game and we'll under your price range.   I have a ds9 on the way but held one in a gun store and although it's not as nice as my cheely limited gun, it felt better to me than a staccato.  

8 minutes ago, Mike21STI said:

Out of the options you put there I'd pick the ds9 or the dwx.  For the price the dwx is a great gun, the ergos of a cz with a trigger like a 1911.  It's a great gun, but as you mentioned you'll send it for slide cuts but still be ahead of the game and we'll under your price range.   I have a ds9 on the way but held one in a gun store and although it's not as nice as my cheely limited gun, it felt better to me than a staccato.  

Interesting about the Cheely vs DS9 vs Staccato--thank you.

I am in the same boat as you. I'm primarily a 3-gunner. Recently started shooting USPSA, and now and doing Tac Games as well. I see and hear each of those moving towards more optic-friendly setups, and I'm looking to upgrade from my SP-01, so an optics-ready option is in line with what I'm shooting now and will shoot down the line as well. I've looked at pretty much all the same guns you have listed, including the Shadow 2, seeing as I already have mags for it. is a Shadow 2 OR enough of a step up from a full CGW SP-01?

Not scared to mill a slide, but the inconvenience is worth something. Thanks for putting this list together!

A couple of points.  If you go with a SS slide, you can have it milled and won't have to recoat.

If you want an SRO (good choice) on it you have to go with a mounting plate or a dovetail mount.  A 1911/2011 slide is not wide enough to directly mount anything with larger than .550" center-to-center mounting holes.  A dovetail mount works just fine.  I have several on 1911 45s, and one direct to slide mounted 45.  The oldest dovetail mount has seen 45k+ rounds through the gun with no issues.  That includes major PF rounds along with 155 PF bullseye loads.

An SVI trigger kit is a waste of time and money.  If you really must replace the kit, go with something like EGW.  First rate stuff.  My recommendation is the same as given above.  Have a gunsmith work over what came with the gun.  SA uses goon MIM parts, so you should be good to go for at least 30k rounds.  Less if you dry fire a lot.

If you like shorties, you will not be happy with a TS2 or TSO.  I'd stay away from anything STI/Staccato.  Spotty quality.  You may luck out.  If not, you'll go through hell.  Not a fan of Bul.  The P226 is an outstanding gun, but not for Limited.  The bore axis is much higher over your hand than on a TS or 2011.  That makes double taps slower, because the muzzle rises more.  Masterpiece Arms used to be junk.  I'm told the new owners made a difference,, but I haven't handled any yet.

Base pads:  do not buy anything that uses screws to retain.  You want a simple , easy to use without tools closure like those found on MBX and TTI pads.  If you drop mags in dust or mud you will be cleaning them after the stage.  You don't want to have to use tools to disassemble you mags.

Tool less guide rods:  don't do it.  I had two Dawsons break at matches.  Thank heaven I had a backup gun.  I threw out all my tool less and now only use solid one-piece rods.  They are quite quick to use once you learn a simple trick.  They also don't break.

I build my own guns and for friends.  I also work on friends guns.  SA makes good stuff.  You get a solid frame, slide and barrel.  The insides are not what I'd put in my guns, but I'm not looking to save a buck.  SA's internals are fine with a little smoothing and/or adjustment.  Nothing you local gunsmith can't do in an hour or two.  SA's factory 1911s have lousy trigger pulls when new.  After 500 rounds or so they smooth out and you end up with a crisp 3.5 lb. trigger pull.  I expect the same will happen with the Prodigy.

@SufferInSilence has some important tips for upgrading a Prodigy.  Page 8 in the Springfield Prodigy-a-short-term review thread.

Edited by zzt

16 minutes ago, zzt said:

A couple of points.  If you go with a SS slide, you can have it milled and won't have to recoat.

If you want an SRO (good choice) on it you have to go with a mounting plate or a dovetail mount.  A 1911/2011 slide is not wide enough to directly mount anything with larger than .550" center-to-center mounting holes.  A dovetail mount works just fine.  I have several on 1911 45s, and one direct to slide mounted 45.  The oldest dovetail mount has seen 45k+ rounds through the gun with no issues.  That includes major PF rounds along with 155 PF bullseye loads.

An SVI trigger kit is a waste of time and money.  If you really must replace the kit, go with something like EGW.  First rate stuff.  My recommendation is the same as given above.  Have a gunsmith work over what came with the gun.  SA uses goon MIM parts, so you should be good to go for at least 30k rounds.  Less if you dry fire a lot.

If you like shorties, you will not be happy with a TS2 or TSO.  I'd stay away from anything STI/Staccato.  Spotty quality.  You may luck out.  If not, you'll go through hell.  Not a fan of Bul.  The P226 is an outstanding gun, but not for Limited.  The bore axis is much higher over your hand than on a TS or 2011.  That makes double taps slower, because the muzzle rises more.  Masterpiece Arms used to be junk.  I'm told the new owners made a difference,, but I haven't handled any yet.

Base pads:  do not buy anything that uses screws to retain.  You want a simple , easy to use without tools closure like those found on MBX and TTI pads.  If you drop mags in dust or mud you will be cleaning them after the stage.  You don't want to have to use tools to disassemble you mags.

Tool less guide rods:  don't do it.  I had two Dawsons break at matches.  Thank heaven I had a backup gun.  I threw out all my tool less and now only use solid one-piece rods.  They are quite quick to use once you learn a simple trick.  They also don't break.

I build my own guns and for friends.  I also work on friends guns.  SA makes good stuff.  You get a solid frame, slide and barrel.  The insides are not what I'd put in my guns, but I'm not looking to save a buck.  SA's internals are fine with a little smoothing and/or adjustment.  Nothing you local gunsmith can't do in an hour or two.  SA's factory 1911s have lousy trigger pulls when new.  After 500 rounds or so they smooth out and you end up with a crisp 3.5 lb. trigger pull.  I expect the same will happen with the Prodigy.

Thank you very much for taking the time to give me all this! This is very helpful to me.

@jt1207As a Super Senior competitor that's had a "love affair" with the 1911 then 2011 platform for 50+ years, I've experienced CMC, STI, CZ, Glock, Sig, etc. in various types and levels of competition.

I am now committed to that "upcoming" Limited Optics, 2011/DS style platform; and have ordered an MPA DS9 Hybrid!  I fully understand it's not a FULL CUSTOM like an SVI or an Atlas, but it does fall in a "middle ground" price category that IMO offers a LOT of Bang for the Buck!  And yes, I will be glad to compete in Open Minor until LO becomes a "provisional"!

https://masterpiecearms.com/cat/ds9-accessories/ds9-pistols/general-purpose-pistols/

As others have mentioned, there are definitely customs/platforms that would do an excellent job in LO; but if you've ever had the pleasure to own/operate an 1911/2011/DS platform, nothing will totally satisfy your "thirst" for that particular type of action.

HTHs!

;)

Edited by HOGRIDER
sp

16 hours ago, HOGRIDER said:

@jt1207As a Super Senior competitor that's had a "love affair" with the 1911 then 2011 platform for 50+ years, I've experienced CMC, STI, CZ, Glock, Sig, etc. in various types and levels of competition.

I am now committed to that "upcoming" Limited Optics, 2011/DS style platform; and have ordered an MPA DS9 Hybrid!  I fully understand it's not a FULL CUSTOM like an SVI or an Atlas, but it does fall in a "middle ground" price category that IMO offers a LOT of Bang for the Buck!  And yes, I will be glad to compete in Open Minor until LO becomes a "provisional"!

https://masterpiecearms.com/cat/ds9-accessories/ds9-pistols/general-purpose-pistols/

As others have mentioned, there are definitely customs/platforms that would do an excellent job in LO; but if you've ever had the pleasure to own/operate an 1911/2011/DS platform, nothing will totally satisfy your "thirst" for that particular type of action.

HTHs!

;)

I shot two 2011s in Limited Major and Open for 2021, then mostly CO last season, and now want to go back to a single-action gun this season. And you're right, 2011s do set the bar very high for a shooting experience. Your discussion and endorsement of the 2011 platform is compelling given the length of your experience. And I'm glad to see another vote for the DS9. Thank you for the insight! 

3 hours ago, jt1207 said:

I shot two 2011s in Limited Major and Open for 2021, then mostly CO last season, and now want to go back to a single-action gun this season. And you're right, 2011s do set the bar very high for a shooting experience. Your discussion and endorsement of the 2011 platform is compelling given the length of your experience. And I'm glad to see another vote for the DS9. Thank you for the insight! 

👍