Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

​​​​​​​​​​​​​​Limited Optics guns--looking for input please

jt1207

11 hours ago, JD40 said:

@WestPat that mpa looks great!  

do you guys feel that a 4.25 inch gun is a disadvantage for LO?  I have a staccato p and a prodigy that will work, but I have have never shot a gun that short in competition before. Most is my Matches have been shot with 6 inch limited guns ?

joe 

I don't think it holds *me* back. I actually prefer shorter guns for gun games. I ended up with a G45 for CO, my favorite Open gun was a BUL Shorty that was 4.25" plus comp, and currently the frontrunner on my LO list is a 4.25" Prodigy.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 2/24/2023 at 12:15 AM, YVK said:

https://vudoogunworks.com/priest/

Don't know anything about this gun except that I like how slide is widened at the optic's bed. 

I love how low the optic sits.  Im not a fan of plate systems this really caught my eye.  I wish I knew someone that shot one.  Super clean looking.  Lmt optic 3g open I love to see one in action.

51 minutes ago, Dfehr401 said:

I love how low the optic sits.  Im not a fan of plate systems this really caught my eye. 

A plate system will allow using different optics in case your preference changes; the right plate system will allow many options.......

https://accuracyx.com/multi-sight-system/

😉

Edited by HOGRIDER
sp

12 minutes ago, Jmob50 said:

I should’ve clarified. I meant details as to what is and what is not going to be allowed. 

Provisional rules as of right now..........

https://uspsa.org/documents/minutes/20221220 USPSA Limited Optics Provisional Divisional Rules Recommendation.pdf?fbclid=IwAR1FWMlU_bDVbxlD-veLkWu1kQ124kLesOL-bHdgZWq2I9b2sG39GEGkRoo

8 minutes ago, HOGRIDER said:

Thanks! Is this something that is currently being revised or is this what will be discussed, as-is to approve?

1 hour ago, HOGRIDER said:

Wait how does this work with stuff like the sig 320 slide comp?

It says cuts to lighten the slide weight are allowed. The sig slides are just slide cuts with a short barrel aren't they?

15 minutes ago, lroy said:

It says cuts to lighten the slide weight are allowed. The sig slides are just slide cuts with a short barrel aren't they?

Do you mean a Spectre Comp?

Edited by Jmob50

30 minutes ago, lroy said:

According to USPSA and sig, it's a comp

I'm going with the Stealth Arms Platypus - a double-stack 1911 using Glock mags.  Did all the customizations on their site, went with the DPP milled version (HS and ACRO weren't available yet but are now), tri-topped slide, full length rail, threaded barrel (slightly longer than the non-threaded), square trigger guard, flat trigger and magwell, with my build-a-bear color choices and chainlink on the frontstrap/backstrap.

The picture below shows iron sights - on the optics models, that's a plate that comes off for the optic to direct-mount (no plate), along with a rear sight that screws in behind it, all locked in with a set screw.

When I ordered, you needed to email them about the trigger, but they'd do a 2.5 lb for competition use.  Now that's an option in their picker.

Being able to use the Glock mags I already have saves $$$ on mags vs. a 2011 and every video I've found on these shows them just running.

All in for $1740.  Should hopefully be shipping this week.

export.png

export (1).png

Edited by mreed911

11 hours ago, mreed911 said:

I'm going with the Stealth Arms Platypus.  Did all the customizations on their site, went with the DPP milled version (HS and ACRO weren't available yet but are now), tri-topped slide, full length rail, threaded barrel (slightly longer than the non-threaded), square trigger guard, flat trigger and magwell, with my build-a-bear color choices and chainlink on the frontstrap/backstrap.

The picture below shows iron sights - on the optics models, that's a plate that comes off for the optic to direct-mount (no plate), along with a rear sight that screws in behind it, all locked in with a set screw.

When I ordered, you needed to email them about the trigger, but they'd do a 2.5 lb for competition use.  Now that's an option in their picker.

Being able to use the Glock mags I already have saves $$$ on mags vs. a 2011 and every video I've found on these shows them just running.

All in for $1740.  Should hopefully be shipping this week.

export.png

export (1).png

oh that's a really interesting gun--a 1911-style that uses glock mags. I hadn't heard of Stealth Arms before.

4 hours ago, jt1207 said:

oh that's a really interesting gun--a 1911-style that uses glock mags. I hadn't heard of Stealth Arms before.

80% 1911 maker.  They know their stuff and released this at SHOT.  If anything, go to their website and play with their customizer.  Lots of options... and lots of Cerakote.  :)

Video of several folks running one here (with an RMRcc): 

Edited by mreed911

On 2/21/2023 at 1:58 PM, Racinready300ex said:

Try someone's decked out Rival with a freedom smith trigger. You're not giving up anything to a SAO gun with something like that. 

but then why not just shoot CO? I have a Rival with a freedomsmith and I love it but being able to slap on a magwell and s#!tty slide racker doesn't make me  want to go shoot another division.