Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Mark 7's new reloading press "Genesys"

Just saw UR's video on the new Mark 7 Genesys reloading press. In another video I heard that they plan to release and ship it out around the end of March/April 2023.

The press looks interesting, and I hope they learned from the release of the Apex-10, especially the priming system, ensuring everything runs smoothly and correctly from the start for new buyers 😉 

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, chgofirefighter said:

Very impressed with this press offering from MK7, seems extremely promising especially for the price point.  Not sure about all those separate moving parts with servo motors and how long they will last but looks interesting

Looking forward to video review by first customers ... I contacted DAA here in EU, and they are looking if and when the Genesys will become available. As soon as I can get one, I'll test and review it. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I spoke to the sales team at Mark 7 re the Primer Orientation Sensor.   They told me they were working through this issue as several people have asked this question.    The primer collator is near foolproof so unlike my Apex with the Primer Xpress, the likelihood of getting flipped primers is nil, so half the problems that my primer orientation sensor needs to find is gone.    Occassionally I'll get a really deep seated primer and that never really gives me any problems so I just flag the brass not to reuse and go on.    It is really nice, however, to catch the rare not quite flush primer that I get, for whatever reason.   

I am thinking about letting Mark 7 get a few years of practice on the Genesis before picking one up, and then using my Apex for case prep.    I really won't miss messing with the Primer Xpress, although Mark 7 is sending me a replacement control box and ramp top with sensors as mine is a really early model and I guess they have had some problems with them.   The flipped primer sensor on mine has such a narrow adjustment range that you have to get it just right to catch flipped primers and it only then catches about 80%.   If you try and cheat it a bit lower, it sets off constantly, so hopefully getting the new components will help as I am getting sick of dealing with inverted primers that either seat and catch on the primer orientation sensor, or ones that just mangle and jam the primer disk.   

Edited by Greyghost1962

40 minutes ago, Greyghost1962 said:

so hopefully getting the new components will help as I am getting sick of dealing with inverted primers that either seat and catch on the primer orientation sensor, or ones that just mangle and jam the primer disk.   

The OP of this post, @StefVanHauwe, posted this in a discussion on another site:

I use an automated Apex10 and run my 9mm major in one go. Since I've installed the Primer Express I didn't have any priming issues anymore.

Hopefully you'll have a similar experience once you get the updated Primer Xpress parts installed and running!

👍

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/21/2023 at 4:49 PM, Greyghost1962 said:

I spoke to the sales team at Mark 7 re the Primer Orientation Sensor.   They told me they were working through this issue as several people have asked this question.    The primer collator is near foolproof so unlike my Apex with the Primer Xpress, the likelihood of getting flipped primers is nil, so half the problems that my primer orientation sensor needs to find is gone.    Occassionally I'll get a really deep seated primer and that never really gives me any problems so I just flag the brass not to reuse and go on.    It is really nice, however, to catch the rare not quite flush primer that I get, for whatever reason.   

I am thinking about letting Mark 7 get a few years of practice on the Genesis before picking one up, and then using my Apex for case prep.    I really won't miss messing with the Primer Xpress, although Mark 7 is sending me a replacement control box and ramp top with sensors as mine is a really early model and I guess they have had some problems with them.   The flipped primer sensor on mine has such a narrow adjustment range that you have to get it just right to catch flipped primers and it only then catches about 80%.   If you try and cheat it a bit lower, it sets off constantly, so hopefully getting the new components will help as I am getting sick of dealing with inverted primers that either seat and catch on the primer orientation sensor, or ones that just mangle and jam the primer disk.   

While I only get an occasional flipped primer on my Revolution - I do get them. But it's more than just flipped primers. That primer flow can get held up by a sideways primer, dirty chute, or whatever reason- and if you're running high speed you may not notice for several rounds. Having that sensor has been extremely useful.

• 4 months later...

definitely interesting set up. Running multiple 1050s with Rev 3 Ammobots, interesting situation if i was to switch over. 

Just soooo many options for Dillon 1050/1100s and the ammobots, and all the add ons that have been around forever

On 7/19/2023 at 7:59 AM, StefVanHauwe said:

... Mark 7 is alledgedly also working on a new priming system for the Apex 10 to replace the tube and also the Primer Express ... 

I definitely would like to see the priming system updated for the Apex 10! 👍

My research contact provided this statement:

Most of our resources are currently tied up in the development and finalization of Titan and Genesys, which has kind of put any other projects on hold.

Fingers crossed!  ;)

Was seriously considering getting in line for one of these.  But after talking with several people in their booth at the NRA show, decided against it.  I have no interest in being an R&D tester for them.

• 6 months later...
6 hours ago, Wiseguy724 said:

It's been a year, the website still says pre-order. What happened? Any new info around?

IF your on the "FB", Spencer Karoll, one of the Engineers, has an update here:

https://www.facebook.com/reel/960887579004289

My take is the mechanical side is good; just working on perfecting the software side.......

🤔

1 hour ago, HOGRIDER said:

My take is the mechanical side is good; just working on perfecting the software side.......

🤔

I don't use any social media, can't see the link. But thank you for sharing that info with me, hopefully they get it sorted because I'm still holding out hope for it.

1 hour ago, HOGRIDER said:

🤔

Here is the text contained in the post for non-FB users:

"Since there has been a lot of Genesys posts lately . And I\u2019ll start off with although a lot of us are in this group, we do not run it. We are here usually on our spare time because we are enthusiasts ourselves.\n\nGenesys is mechanically done , it has been for some time , consistent with the timeline we shared at SHOT last year. Electronics is what is causing delays. Genesys uses a completely new motor and control , and developing the software \/ firmware is taking longer than expected. We are really excited to bring this to market, it\u2019s concept is all new which our industry needs. But we are waiting for everything to be perfect before letting a single one out the door. When we have a date we will share, but we are loading on them internally. \n\nApex 10 is still a great option and will continue to be , even after Genesys releases . The press is solid , and with last years price reduction, more affordable then ever. \n\nMark 7\/ lyman are committed to pushing boundaries and creating new products and improving current ones. Here is a video of me priming on a Genesys before SHOT this year . This is what we have to share at this time, and we appreciate the patience"

26 minutes ago, TheSandMan491 said:

Here is the text contained in the post for non-FB users:

"Since there has been a lot of Genesys posts lately . And I\u2019ll start off with although a lot of us are in this group, we do not run it. We are here usually on our spare time because we are enthusiasts ourselves.\n\nGenesys is mechanically done , it has been for some time , consistent with the timeline we shared at SHOT last year. Electronics is what is causing delays. Genesys uses a completely new motor and control , and developing the software \/ firmware is taking longer than expected. We are really excited to bring this to market, it\u2019s concept is all new which our industry needs. But we are waiting for everything to be perfect before letting a single one out the door. When we have a date we will share, but we are loading on them internally. \n\nApex 10 is still a great option and will continue to be , even after Genesys releases . The press is solid , and with last years price reduction, more affordable then ever. \n\nMark 7\/ lyman are committed to pushing boundaries and creating new products and improving current ones. Here is a video of me priming on a Genesys before SHOT this year . This is what we have to share at this time, and we appreciate the patience"

@TheSandMan491

Thanks for sharing the text!

👍

They put the cart before the horse!  As with all development projects things take time.  But, geeze Louise!

Remember way back when Ruger had their XGI on the cover of the American Rifleman......never came to be!

On 2/20/2024 at 4:18 PM, plinker625 said:

They put the cart before the horse!  As with all development projects things take time.  But, geeze Louise!

Remember way back when Ruger had their XGI on the cover of the American Rifleman......never came to be!

It doesn't matter what business we are talking about...The marketing department is the engineering department's worst enemy.