Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Recommended aftermarket MOS plates

Mcfoto

Recently replaced my Vortex Viper with a Venom and noticed the threaded holes in the Glock MOS plate are stripping out. Any one have recommendations for an aftermarket plate that plays with Vortex?

I've been using Forward Control Design for all my mounts.  I switched from CHPWS.  the FCD mounts are steel and I saw higher scores on 25Y bulls with the FCD since I can put more torque on them.  I'm 20 in/lb mount to slide and 25 in/lb DPP to mount.  The RMR will be less since they use different screws.  The FCD is also a one piece design unlike the Gen4 CHPWS.  The Gen3 CHPWS was better then the Gen4.

https://www.forwardcontrolsdesign.com/OPF-G-RMR_p_224.html

40 minutes ago, epault said:

I've been using Forward Control Design for all my mounts.  I switched from CHPWS.  the FCD mounts are steel and I saw higher scores on 25Y bulls with the FCD since I can put more torque on them.  I'm 20 in/lb mount to slide and 25 in/lb DPP to mount.  The RMR will be less since they use different screws.  The FCD is also a one piece design unlike the Gen4 CHPWS.  The Gen3 CHPWS was better then the Gen4.

https://www.forwardcontrolsdesign.com/OPF-G-RMR_p_224.html

Thanks but doesn’t look like they make one for Vortex.

On 1/11/2023 at 8:47 AM, vluc said:

Love what FCD has, just nothing for my Holosun, but I respect their supporting American made items regardless.

I’ve got a 507c on FCD plate as place holder until I go SRO. YMMV but this combo fits just fine 

I hear a lot of different things.  so, I don't know, so I'm asking what is the best plates or having the slide milled for your red. I really like the way my smith and Wesson M&P2.0 metal came. Is like the slide is self was milled for my holosun 507 just a little tiny plastic place keeper.

1 hour ago, GigG said:

Milled is better than plates.

Yup.  After trying all of the above mentioned plates on my G34, I bought a regular G17 and sent it out to get milled.  Couldn't be happier.  But, if you already have the MOS slide, then I preferred the FCD plate.

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

My experience with CHPWS is less than ideal.  When mounting the optic to my Walther PDP there is over .010 front to rear movement between the optic and plate and over .010 between the plate and slide. That means the screws are being relied on to keep things in place.

I've had two Glock slides milled by Battlewerx and both have been an amazing fit for Holosun 407c. 

Lots of experience with CHPWS. Lately I have been using DPP brand plates for the Holosun/RMR and EPS optics on a Glock MOS. Available on Amazon, half the price, and they have worked great. Made in China. 

Does anyone have experience with Forward Control plates with the Holosun 507 Comp?  Statements on the Forward Controls website leads me to believe that there may be a problem with fitment with the Holosun.  

49 minutes ago, Ryan N said:

Does anyone have experience with Forward Control plates with the Holosun 507 Comp?  Statements on the Forward Controls website leads me to believe that there may be a problem with fitment with the Holosun.  

That caused me to check out other plates. And, that no Holosun screws were included. 

Posted (edited)

I reached out to Battlewerx about the difference between the RMR and 407/507C and received this detailed response.  I've had two Glock slides milled for Holosuns by them and both have an amazing fit with zero play.  Here's what they said:

"The cut is exactly the same for the RMR and the Holosun 507c/407c/508T/507Comp.

The only difference is the length of the mounting screws used for each make of optic.

The Holosun will use a 4-40 x 5/16" mounting screw and the Trijicon RMR uses a 4-40 x 3/8” mounting screws.

You can find both those screws available at the link below.

https://www.battlewerx.com/optic-mounting-screws/"

With this in mind, the Foreward Controls plate should work perfectly if you shorten the screws by 1/16" for the Holosun.

Edited by Ryan N